Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Ps4 at launch?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Ps4 at launch?

Here is my dilemma,

I really want a ps4 and a xb1, i can only afford one now and one next month or whenever really.......i really want a ps4 but with one DECENT game at launch (yes there is, sorry but everything else is $#@!) im now really thinking cancelling my pre-order, waiting a few months and put the money till summit else? Im going back and forth with this. i always want the latest and greatest of everything, im such a gadget freak and is the ps4 really that much better than the xb1?

I made the mistake at the launch with the ps3, there was no decent games for ages and i ended up selling it and buying another one at a later point

Currently got the 399 bundle wth KZ at shopto and i have no idea what to do atm?

What are some of your thoughts?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Live Streamer
    I won't tell you what to buy or why, I think that argument is all over the web already. Go with your gut feeling man, its usually that feeling that serves you right. Going against that gut feeling usually results in disappointment.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

3. Likes sanfordmay, brandonwash likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    There's a lot more early multiplatform support. You won't have to wait as long for PS4 as PS3. The game situation between XOne and PS4 at launch is roughly even, dependent a little on your genre preferences. That's to say, not a whole lot either way. And you're going to have to wait until at least first quarter 2014 for both systems to start rolling out new titles. I'd say PS4 definitely has longer legs and more potential. But for launch I'd pick the one or two exclusives you most want to play and get that console. Get the other in early 2014 when more games are coming out and retail supply isn't tight. But if you don't have an XOne already preordered I don't know I'd cancel your PS4 preorder. Chances of getting an XOne at launch are slim and by Christmas it'll still be difficult. You can keep the PS4 preorder or go ahead and cancel it and just do with current gen until January. Launch day ownership is a very cool club for a very short time.

I had the money and opportunity to lock in both launch day consoles and my sons are very excited about the first new generation of consoles in their gaming lives, so I'm getting both. Less any one of those factors I'd have preordered only PS4, or neither and waited until early next year.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 11-06-2013 at 18:17.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I won't tell you what to buy or why, I think that argument is all over the web already. Go with your gut feeling man, its usually that feeling that serves you right. Going against that gut feeling usually results in disappointment.
    He's right. If you're only getting one at launch, it doesn't matter which one is better. It's pretty subjective anyway unless you're a developer. The one you want most is by default better.

Ultimate Veteran
    get the PS4 after you play it for a while u wont want a xbone 1. also the ps4 is cheaper more power full
    and better frist party games then xbone 1.

why dont you wait till both consoles are reviewed if your that worried. im getting PS4 and my day one edition xbox is going on ebay.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    i can only afford one now and one next month or whenever really
    Wait...you're going to get the second console one month after? And you're having a dilemma?

Am I reading that wrong?

9. Likes ReconRabbit likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats something that only you can decide. I have my reasons why I'm buying a PS4 and never buying an XBone. But I'm not going to try to tell what you should buy or sway your decision to what I've decided. Whatever console is looking more appealing to you is the one you should buy. But if youre buying one this month and the other the next month then whats to decide?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    killzone looks good enough to keep you occupied for at least a month. just keep it.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Wait...you're going to get the second console one month after? And you're having a dilemma?

Am I reading that wrong?
    I meant i could if i wanted to, its just the unfortunate way the retailer ive got em pre ordered with processes the orders.....they are taking the money 2 weeks early and right now i have the money for ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats something that only you can decide. I have my reasons why I'm buying a PS4 and never buying an XBone. But I'm not going to try to tell what you should buy or sway your decision to what I've decided. Whatever console is looking more appealing to you is the one you should buy. But if youre buying one this month and the other the next month then whats to decide?
    I hear you rad, i hear you. Im lil like you, but the lack of games at launch is really swaying me to the other side atm regardless of what they did. Also over here availability might be poor till after xmas

Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    There's a lot more early multiplatform support. You won't have to wait as long for PS4 as PS3. The game situation between XOne and PS4 at launch is roughly even, dependent a little on your genre preferences. That's to say, not a whole lot either way. And you're going to have to wait until at least first quarter 2014 for both systems to start rolling out new titles. I'd say PS4 definitely has longer legs and more potential. But for launch I'd pick the one or two exclusives you most want to play and get that console. Get the other in early 2014 when more games are coming out and retail supply isn't tight. But if you don't have an XOne already preordered I don't know I'd cancel your PS4 preorder. Chances of getting an XOne at launch are slim and by Christmas it'll still be difficult. You can keep the PS4 preorder or go ahead and cancel it and just do with current gen until January. Launch day ownership is a very cool club for a very short time.

I had the money and opportunity to lock in both launch day consoles and my sons are very excited about the first new generation of consoles in their gaming lives, so I'm getting both. Less any one of those factors I'd have preordered only PS4, or neither and waited until early next year.
    Sigh...thats just it, its the xb1 early exclusives that are really tempted....there are at least 3 for me and only 1 on the ps4

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Lol, i have IBS!! haha

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    My rule is that if a system doesn't have any games you want to play, or only one game, then don't buy it. I wouldn't spend that much money on a system to have only a single game. $#@! that.

14. Likes 33x likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My rule is that if a system doesn't have any games you want to play, or only one game, then don't buy it. I wouldn't spend that much money on a system to have only a single game. $#@! that.
    Yep exactly. Thats why even if I was considering an XBone I still wouldn't do it because Forza 5 is the only appealing exclusive it has for me. And I wouldn't pay $500 just to play Forza 5. lol

Veteran
    Sounds to me like games are your priority atm as you will eventually get both consoles, so go for whichever gives you the game you want the most. Say you want to play Killzone? PS4. Want to play Titanfall? XBone. Want to play a multiplatform game such as BF4? PS4 it will look and play better as it has already been confirmed almost everywhere.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    that's why my XBOX ONE pre-order got cancelled, the only game I wanted to play was Killer Instinct and I thought no friggin' way I'm spending $599 on a console just to play one fighting game, there is seriously nothing else that interested me, I'm a fighting game nut… but PS4 has Injustice UE and kNACK and Killzone so PS4 won… I was going to get a PS4 anyway lol but… I was seriously considering an XBOX ONE shame there's no games… I know I always bag XBOX and call it brand X but seriously after the crap that was 360 the XBOX ONE looked kinda cool at E3… I would rather have the XBOX ONE before they removed the DRM.. it was a better console before they did the 180… now it's just a 360 with 720p graphics lol joke not really.. but some games might be.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Thanks guys, imma close this now.

I know i should get the xb1 1st as i want DR3, F5, Ryese and KI
    But i want the ps4 just because,

Either way ive got 2 days to decide as shopto will process my xb1 preorder on Saturday!!

Thread Information