Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

Dead Rising 3 Locked at 720p 30fps

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...th-those-specs

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps

Josh Bridge, executive producer, Capcom Vancouver

Dead Rising 3 has suffered high-profile performance issues since E3. How have you improved the game in the months since?

Josh Bridge: Well, first I'm really proud to say we were running on hardware at E3. We had the kits there and we were running it behind closed doors for press. I was really proud, and I had no shame in saying this is where we're at - this is preview code. Ever since then, and it was happening during that time, content needs to be completed, and then optimisation is the focus. And that's what happened - you've seen it through E3, through Gamescom, through now - the frame-rate's been going up and up. And now we're at locked 30 - and that's just been purely the effort of all aspects of the team, the engineering team and our team all trying to optimise. And that's always what happens as the last step of the development of a product.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    What native resolution is Dead Rising 3?

Josh Bridge: 720p. And I'm really happy with that, with the sheer amount of stuff we have in an open world game locked at 30fps, that's just brilliant. Of course our UI (user interface) runs at 1080 native on top, but no, we're a 720p game locked at 30fps.

Did you ever want 1080p native?

Josh Bridge: It was not really something we actually set as a mantra. When we first started there was no platform, it was PC and we were just targeting next-gen, and 1080, even before then we thought it'd be prohibitive to even consider that, because essentially you have to do everything twice, which is just massive when you think of it. It's more important that the end image looks awesome - look at how much stuff is on screen, that's always been a Dead Rising sort of brand. That still looks really good, and that's been our goal. I hope it shows - just look at how much insane stuff is going on screen.

How hard has it been getting to 720/30 on Xbox One?

Josh Bridge: It's been... Outside of infancy - every new platform launch, I've now learnt - it's always infancy on tools, and that's the back and forth with tools improving. It's very similar to a PC development environment, so that's been really cool. Happy to not be cross-platform, to be honest - it's a huge challenge for a game like ours. We have to do very specific things with memory allocation and drivers to get our stuff running, and in the past it was like wow, it made our teams quite a bit larger having multiple leads.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Dead Rising 3: 720p and 30fps

What native resolution is Dead Rising 3?

Josh Bridge:
    720p. And I'm really happy with that, with the sheer amount of stuff we have in an open world game locked at 30fps, that's just brilliant. Of course our UI (user interface) runs at 1080 native on top, but no, we're a 720p game locked at 30fps.
    Did you ever want 1080p native?

Josh Bridge:
    It was not really something we actually set as a mantra. When we first started there was no platform, it was PC and we were just targeting next-gen, and 1080, even before then we thought it'd be prohibitive to even consider that, because essentially you have to do everything twice, which is just massive when you think of it. It's more important that the end image looks awesome - look at how much stuff is on screen, that's always been a Dead Rising sort of brand. That still looks really good, and that's been our goal. I hope it shows - just look at how much insane stuff is going on screen.

How hard has it been getting to 720/30 on Xbox One?

Josh Bridge:
    It's been... Outside of infancy - every new platform launch, I've now learnt - it's always infancy on tools, and that's the back and forth with tools improving. It's very similar to a PC development environment, so that's been really cool. Happy to not be cross-platform, to be honest - it's a huge challenge for a game like ours. We have to do very specific things with memory allocation and drivers to get our stuff running, and in the past it was like wow, it made our teams quite a bit larger having multiple leads.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710468

Original source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...th-those-specs

So that makes Killer Instinct, COD Ghosts, BF4, (now) Dead Rising 3, and rumored (confirmed?) Titanfall all 1280x720p on Xbox One.

Ryse is 900p and Forza 5 is quite seemingly 1080p.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-06-2013 at 19:17.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yet another 720p game on the XBone. You would think they could at least get 60fps being at only 720p resolution. Not good.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Whoops this is a dupe thread. Mods please delete\merge.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710468

Original source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...th-those-specs

So that makes Killer Instinct, COD Ghosts, BF4, (now) Dead Rising 3, and rumored (confirmed?) Titanfall all 1280x720p on Xbox One.

Ryse is 900p and Forza 5 is quite seemingly 1080p.
    so 3 EXCLUSIVE games can't reach 1080p. So what does this say about multiplats in the furture?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    so 3 EXCLUSIVE games can't reach 1080p. So what does this say about multiplats in the furture?
    The devs will be paddling up $#@!s creek. If these games get more demanding then further sacrifices will be made somewhere. 720p/30fps should be the min of a next gen output. That game should be doing some amazing things too. They're able to have a lot of zombies on screen but they're dumb. I'm not really blown away by anything from dr3.

No wonder why MS has that embargo until Noon of the xbone launch. MS drivers are in a terrible state.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-06-2013 at 19:45.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yet another 720p game on the XBone. You would think they could at least get 60fps being at only 720p resolution. Not good.
    Have you played it? You would think they could... based on what?

Good article, good read; too bad it's narrowed down to a particular paragraph in the OP.

Elite Sage
    Not going to say anything about Titanfall yet but Forza seems to be only 1080p game now and even then it doesn't have features that older games had (weather changing etc) right?
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Its really not fair on our xbox friends, Having to suffer such shoddy hardware and resulting games.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-07-2013 at 02:58.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Have you played it? You would think they could... based on what? Good article, good read; too bad it's narrowed down to a particular paragraph in the OP.
    Based on the fact that this supposedly next gen hardware running at current gen resolution. One would think they could do better than 30fps at 720p. And now it looks like it cant even do that. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...and-stuttering Get mad at MS for having weak hardware or whatever the problem is not me. Your anger is misplaced. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-07-2013 at 04:48.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Not going to say anything about Titanfall yet but Forza seems to be only 1080p game now and even then it doesn't have features that older games had (weather changing etc) right?
    No it doesn't. Also alot of barren tracks like Laguna Seca for example.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-07-2013 at 04:49.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Based on the fact that this supposedly next gen hardware running at current gen resolution. One would think they could do better than 30fps at 720p. And now it looks like it cant even do that. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...and-stuttering Get mad at MS for having weak hardware not me. Your anger is misplaced. lol
    Resolutions don't determine which gaming generation it is.

I don't have any anger at you, or anyone else on the forums. I'm simply discussing comments you made, nothing more. How is 720p not good? Why do you think they should be able to hit 1080p? Do you even know any of the things they have in the game, what it takes to develop those points in the game; and why it should be 1080p?

No, you honestly don't. You're not developing it, but you seem to be ok judging it by what criteria? I don't even know why you're saying the hardware is weak. It's weak because why?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Resolutions don't determine which gaming generation it is. I don't have any anger at you, or anyone else on the forums. I'm simply discussing comments you made, nothing more. How is 720p not good? Why do you think they should be able to hit 1080p? Do you even know any of the things they have in the game, what it takes to develop those points in the game; and why it should be 1080p? No, you honestly don't. You're not developing it, but you seem to be ok judging it by what criteria? I don't even know why you're saying the hardware is weak. It's weak because why?
    PS4 has no problems hitting 1080p on every game but one at 900p. 720p is current gen. 1080p is the next gen game resolution standard (at least for PS4). And I've seen tons of gameplay footage and its not doing anything much different from the other DR games that I've seen. Are you developing it? Have you played it? How do you know that it has stuff in it that is so demanding that theres plenty of good reason for it to only be 720p 30fps. See, I can play that too. And how do you explain almost the entire XBone library being unable to run at any higher resolution than 720p?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-07-2013 at 05:04.

Forum Sage
    Resolutions don't determine which gaming generation it is.

I don't have any anger at you, or anyone else on the forums. I'm simply discussing comments you made, nothing more. How is 720p not good? Why do you think they should be able to hit 1080p? Do you even know any of the things they have in the game, what it takes to develop those points in the game; and why it should be 1080p?

No, you honestly don't. You're not developing it, but you seem to be ok judging it by what criteria? I don't even know why you're saying the hardware is weak. It's weak because why?
    I don't think we as consumers should be concerned with how games are developed. Developers/publishers usually set these kind of expectations and if they can't meet them, then obviously people expect them to explain why, etc.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    PS4 has no problems hitting 1080p on every game but one at 900p. 720p is current gen. 1080p is the next gen game resolution. And I've seen tons of gameplay footage and its not doing anything much different from the other DR games that I've seen. Are you developing it? Have you played it? How do you know that it has stuff in it that is so demanding that theres plenty of good reason for it to only be 720p 30fps. See, I can do that too. And how do you explain almost the entire XBone library being unable to run at any higher resolution than 720p?
    I'm going by what the actual developer said about their game. Read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I don't think we as consumers should be concerned with how games are developed. Developers/publishers usually set these kind of expectations and if they can't meet them, then obviously people expect them to explain why, etc.
    I know what you mean, and going by what the dev is saying, they are meeting the target they designed the game for.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm going by what the actual developer said about their game. Read the article. I know what you mean, and going by what the dev is saying, they are meeting the target they designed the game for.
    I did read the article. But thanks anyway.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    PS4 has no problems hitting 1080p on every game but one at 900p. 720p is current gen. 1080p is the next gen game resolution standard (at least for PS4). And I've seen tons of gameplay footage and its not doing anything much different from the other DR games that I've seen. Are you developing it? Have you played it? How do you know that it has stuff in it that is so demanding that theres plenty of good reason for it to only be 720p 30fps. See, I can play that too. And how do you explain almost the entire XBone library being unable to run at any higher resolution than 720p?
    oh really now....lol no problems.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    oh really now....lol no problems.
    Nope not really. COD Ghosts has framerate issues on both consoles XBone included and I blame IW for that. Otherwise the entire PS4 library is running solid at 1080p ( BF4 at 900p) unlike XBone who's entire library is 720p except for two games and only one of those is 1080p. lol So yeah I'd say PS4 is delivering on the next gen 1080p games unlike its competition.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-07-2013 at 05:22.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Guys... stop arguing please. You made your points. This is just redundant. Agree to disagree and move on. We're straying from the topic. If you would like to continue this back and forth-ing, do it via PM.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Honestly speaking, we should be asking for quality not quantity; 1080p is basically a set quantity of pixels. It depends on the processing power spent per pixel to make a game look good (along with other things). Its a balance of many things but I'm impressed at how well dead rising looks given its scale and if I was playing it than 720p will be the last thing on my mind.

That being said, 1080p certainly has huge benefits

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Honestly speaking, we should be asking for quality not quantity; 1080p is basically a set quantity of pixels. It depends on the processing power spent per pixel to make a game look good (along with other things). Its a balance of many things but I'm impressed at how well dead rising looks given its scale and if I was playing it than 720p will be the last thing on my mind.

That being said, 1080p certainly has huge benefits
    Couldn't agree more.

Forum Sage

Dead Rising 3 Locked at 720p 30fps

Haha... I remember only a few years months ago people claimed they couldn't tell the difference between 720p (even though most games this generation have been bellow that) and 1080p but now suddenly 720p isn't good enough

Well, I've got news for you all. Even 1080p isn't that impressive. Welcome to the resolution of 5 years ago.

From what I've seen of DR3 it looks to be one of the better games out of both platforms in the launch window - gameplay wise.

BBK.. Tapatalking
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-07-2013 at 17:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Honestly speaking, we should be asking for quality not quantity; 1080p is basically a set quantity of pixels. It depends on the processing power spent per pixel to make a game look good (along with other things). Its a balance of many things but I'm impressed at how well dead rising looks given its scale and if I was playing it than 720p will be the last thing on my mind. That being said, 1080p certainly has huge benefits
    Yeah well if DR3 ends up looking really impressive with massive scale and more stuff on screen than we've ever seen before then yeah I'm with you. I haven't seen that so far from the gameplay videos I've watched but we'll see what the final product brings to the table. But also like you said 1080p certainly has huge benefits.

Thread Information