Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    When batman fights, his momentum shouldn't allow certain movements to be performed. There's not enough animations to compensate for being attacked from behind with out magically doing a 180 out of punching and not have it look jerky. Assassin Creed compensates for those attacks and have appropriate animations to make it look more real.
    Your forgetting one thing...
    He's Batman.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Lol some how reminds me of when Lair came out for the ps3.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Batman has rhythm (hey) to his combat, AC flows seamlessly with the amount of animations. Ryse doesn't look it has any of that.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Batman has rhythm (hey) to his combat, AC flows seamlessly with the amount of animations. Ryse doesn't look it has any of that.
    That's what i like about it. The main character isn't the one from AC or batman so the combat comes off as more realistic IMO.Its brutal and bloody just like it should be.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's what i like about it. The main character isn't the one from AC or batman so the combat comes off as more realistic IMO.Its brutal and bloody just like it should be.
    Lol. Okay.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Lies!
    All XBO games are locked down till 24 hours after the console has been launched, therefore this guy is lying.
    I've been told that all the games are $#@! and no one should play the XBO before the 23rd of November.
    And after that, only cause they feel pity for it.
    So no way did this guy preview Ryse!

7. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Realistic? Really? Like the superhuman speed slashing and limbs flying everywhere? It's different than the other two, but I wouldn't classify it as realistic.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Frankly, AC looks more realistic, or at least more believable. It also doesn't lack in brutality.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

10. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    from Joystiq
    Ryse: Son of Rome revolves around Marius Titus, a gifted soldier in Nero's ranks during the early first century. Marius fights as his father did before him - and that's about all I can really share about the narrative. Microsoft isn't keen on any of the story details from my two-hour gameplay session getting out there, but rest assured you aren't missing much.
    Ouch.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Realistic? Really? Like the superhuman speed slashing and limbs flying everywhere? It's different than the other two, but I wouldn't classify it as realistic.
    Most realistic ive seen yet for a game set in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Frankly, AC looks more realistic, or at least more believable. It also doesn't lack in brutality.
    AC is fun but the combat isn't very realistic imo. The brutality of Ryse is what i prefer. We are only seeing small parts of the game.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-07-2013 at 03:23.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Most realistic ive seen yet for a game set in it's time.
    That's not saying much lol.

And play Rome TOTAL War 1/2. The kill animations there are fine.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    from Joystiq

Ouch.
    ffs, this back and forth for the game is killing me lol. Looks great, and looks fun, but "previews" are killing that for me.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    It's like... Crap games are crap games, regardless of how realistic the fight moves are.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    ffs, this back and forth for the game is killing me lol. Looks great, and looks fun, but "previews" are killing that for me.
    It's certainly not helping. My buddy is getting the game regardless... so I'll just give the game a go then. I don't normally listen to reviews, but this negativity seems to be rather unanimous.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's certainly not helping. My buddy is getting the game regardless... so I'll just give the game a go then. I don't normally listen to reviews, but this negativity seems to be rather unanimous.
    I don't normally listen to the reviews either. If Lethal reviews it, I listen to that. I've yet to read one of his that was different to my own experience with a game.

Forum Sage
    That's what they are supposed to do. It's expected here. You know how it goes. We don't like our games but we hate yours.....lol

19. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    That's what they are supposed to do. It's expected here. You know how it goes. We don't like our games but we hate yours.....lol
    What does bad Ryse previews have to do with Sony fans, that are supposedly "let down by ps4 titles", "hating" on Ryse?

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The back and forth wasn't in reference to PSU at all. I mean, you see one part of a preview that is promising and then another part of it trashes the game basically. I probably should have been more specific on what I meant. My bad there.

Administrator
    I don't normally listen to the reviews either. If Lethal reviews it, I listen to that. I've yet to read one of his that was different to my own experience with a game.
    Yeah... it's usually better to listen to people with similar taste.

23. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage
    The back and forth wasn't in reference to PSU at all. I mean, you see one part of a preview that is promising and then another part of it trashes the game basically. I probably should have been more specific on what I meant. My bad there.
    yep, they probably do that so it doesn't look like they are biased, but then they make sure to give it a title that will gain attention. I don't take a lot of them too serious anyway. I also know a lot of them actually suck at playing games too....lol

25. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    yep, they probably do that so it doesn't look like they are biased, but then they make sure to give it a title that will gain attention. I don't take a lot of them too serious anyway. I also know a lot of them actually suck at playing games too....lol
    Lmao!

Administrator
    You know for a fact they suck at games?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

You're just pulling out all the excuses today. What's going to be your excuse for low scores?

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    You know for a fact they suck at games?
    yep, sure do. You don't have to be good at playing games to be a game journalist. Lately it seems that the industry doesn't care if they are good at journalism either. They get the reaction they want.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    "Ryse: Son Of Rome Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers"
    Now the question is... Is it a touchtone phone or them old roman times rotary dial type? That makes a world of difference y'know!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Thread Information