Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Now that I think about it I don't give a stuff about Multimedia Support on PS4, now that I put all the media coverage together, Sony isn't the bad guy here, it's their product and they are allowed to promote their own services on that product, that would be like Apple being sued because the iPod doesn't support FLAC... When a company releases a product they have the right to market and govern features how they see fit..that's all there is to it.

I think most of us here are just a bunch of whingey, winey spoilt assholes!, when you want the BEST PLACE TO PLAY... You need a dedicated device... A dedicated gaming machine and that's Playstation 4.

Nothing beats a dedicated device designed to do only one thing and do it the best.

Does anyone really give that much of a $#@! about lack of multimedia support, at first it was a downer but using my adult brain I thought.. It's no big deal... I'm buying it for the games after all... And I've got 3 blu-ray players in the living room already it's not like I need another device that plays movies, music and video files heck my TV plays everything too.

What's the next thing we're going to pick at sony for?? Seriously what else do we need? I think I need to be able to use my Hori RAP 3 PS3 USB arcade sticks on PS4, Injustice GAUUE just won't be the same on DS4... It needs sticks.

Conclusion: Music Unlimited doesn't interest me one bit, and CDs pffft I listen to Vinyl at home!
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Elite Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not bothered... Most digital files I buy are WAV's anyway. Unless unavailable then i buy 320 MP3's but they are the minority in my music collection.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I don't think there is anything wrong with people being annoyed. The PS3 was marketed as the machine that does everything for your entertainment needs. I guess most people would have expected to not lose features in the next gen model. Is it a huge loss, maybe not for some, but it could be for others. I play a lot at night with my headphones, so if I wanted to customize music should I wedge an ipod earphone under my other headset? It's not a make or break thing for me, but I liked customizing walk up music etc in MLB, so yeah, that will suck if I can't upload mp3 songs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

4. Likes D3seeker, Nerevar , vudumonkey25, BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    This is a GAME CONSOLE. It plays games.
    And custom soundtracks enriches those games. It's not an unrelated feature.

6. Likes vnmus, vudumonkey25, vinny_pizza79 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Sorry, I already have a year long subscription.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Forum Guru
    Meh I don't listen to MP3s on a console, and I certainly don't even play music CD.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The music I want to listen to isn't found on their music unlimited service. And I'd like to be able to use this custom soundtrack feature in gta/saints row. I wouldn't use it at all outside of those games.

10. Likes vnmus likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So Jay-Z, Selena Gomez, Kesha whatever YOU listen too makes the game better?? Lol.....OK. If that's what you think then that's what you think. It's a feature you WANT, but not a feature you are entitled to on a platform that the main purpose is GAMES. I think maybe you need to get an X1, as that seems to be more up your alley.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The music I want to listen to isn't found on their music unlimited service. And I'd like to be able to use this custom soundtrack feature in gta/saints row. I wouldn't use it at all outside of those games.
    Amen, why are people acting like it's something not very many people care for it's a feature a TON of people would like. You don't personally care for music fine, why are you even in a thread about this if it doesn't pertain to you?!

Finally You Are Free
    Why, oh why do people care about MP3 support on a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE? If you're not interested in being immersed in the game listening to the in game music and sounds, stick some ear buds in and shut up already.
    You're using arbitrary logic. MP3 support is a basic standard across nearly every device, and one that the PS3 and Vita also have. It's a lack of a feature that people are well accustomed to. Really, what kind of media device doesn't support MP3s?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    SONY is delivering an AMAZING console, at an amazing price, and they are getting crap over MP3 support? Keep those dislikes coming. You're the ones coming across like spoiled brats, so I'll be sure to return the favor. I'm assuming the ones crying about this are the same people I see in public with ear buds or Beats stuck to their heads lol. Whatever...

Finally You Are Free
    You're the one dramatically and unnecessarily overreacting to a noted foible of the console.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with people being annoyed. The PS3 was marketed as the machine that does everything for your entertainment needs. I guess most people would have expected to not lose features in the next gen model. Is it a huge loss, maybe not for some, but it could be for others. I play a lot at night with my headphones, so if I wanted to customize music should I wedge an ipod earphone under my other headset? It's not a make or break thing for me, but I liked customizing walk up music etc in MLB, so yeah, that will suck if I can't upload mp3 songs.

Whereas the PS4 IS NOT. It's marketed as a gaming system FIRST. Like I said, the X1 may be the way some of you wanna go if all this is important to you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You're the one dramatically and unnecessarily overreacting to a noted foible of the console.
    Not at all. I just find it ridiculous that someone wants to boycott SONY over this. The PS4 is a gaming console FIRST, and they got applauded for it by nearly everyone, including tons of people here on PSU. Now everyone wants to give them crap for doing so. It doesn't work that way.

Finally You Are Free
    I haven't seen anyone threatening to boycott Sony over this.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    SONY is delivering an AMAZING console, at an amazing price, and they are getting crap over MP3 support? Keep those dislikes coming. You're the ones coming across like spoiled brats, so I'll be sure to return the favor. I'm assuming the ones crying about this are the same people I see in public with ear buds or Beats stuck to their heads lol. Whatever...
    I DO NOT use the mp3's on my PS3 for in game music. I use it for music, cleaning the house, hanging with friends etc. It nice and convenient and set up right into my receiver. I liked having a central area for that. NOW I need to plug in my laptop or something else to get the same effect.

This would be like your next computer not being able to play music because it's a computer. Why take away something that was already there?

Or your next phone that doesn't have music support. You need more items to do all the things you want. I rather carry just my phone that is also a music player than my phone and an ipod. After growing accustom to having your phone do everything. It seems ridiculous to have to carry around two devices to do the same thing your previous device did.

I'm not upset with not being able to play music in game, I could give to sh**s about that. I did however like the idea of my PS3 being my living room entertainment center. It was my bluray,dvd,cd,mp3,avi,netflix,youtube etc station. It let me do everything I wanted on one device under my TV.

So what I feel people are really complaining about is the fact we had this capability for over 7 years and now we will not have that option.

This does not make me want the PS4 any less. I still want it bad and I will game on it because that's what I do. It's just a little inconvenience that no one was expecting.

You are right PS4 is a gaming system first as it should be.BUT is it really that hard to allow it play music? What doesn't have mp3 support at this point.
    Last edited by vudumonkey25; 11-07-2013 at 21:00.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

20. Likes D3seeker, vnmus likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    It's a feature you WANT, but not a feature you are entitled to on a platform that the main purpose is GAMES.
    "Entitled"?

No one is entitled to anything. But people can certainly choose not to support something. That's our power as consumers.

It's not like we're suing Sony over this. We're just not spending our money (on Music Unlimited).

22. Likes vnmus likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Who labeled it a gaming system first? It's an upgraded version of the Playstation line so yes, I would expect it to still have the same capabilities as the ps3 and more. I've used the ps3 for multimedia since I got it, I don't have a stereo and it's my main source of music, I thought it was a no brainer that the ps4 could do the same. And as vudumonkey said, it doesn't make me want one any less, but it's odd that some features were left off at launch. I like the phone analogy, I never listen to music on my phone, but if they stopped that feature on phones because, well, they're for talking first, I wouldn't begrudge others who were put off by the decision.

24. Likes vudumonkey25 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    Man I wish Sony didn't have a dog in this fight otherwise we could see support for services like Spotify and Rhapsody... Oh well. Bring back MP3 support

Apprentice

Definately wonīt be subscribing for the service.
    Because "I want my, I want my...I want my MP3".
    I was planning on replacing my ps3 with my ps4 for my media network.
    I was stunned when I learned it couldnīt play just about anything but games..unless you want to pay for their services.
    Definately not happy about it...might not even pick one up day one now.
    will have to think about it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Penello already confirmed that the Xbox One will get MP3 support after launch. Hopefully Sony does as well.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Like the stones said you can't always get what you want.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    This is a game console not a iPad

30. Likes Jabjabs likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    I feel like I'm just weird that I only want to game on my console. I don't do anything else but that. I don't have time with all the games there are to play.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro13 View Post
    I feel like I'm just weird that I only want to game on my console. I don't do anything else but that. I don't have time with all the games there are to play.
    But you can listen to music WHILE you play. Maybe not with engrossing story-based games, but there are a lot of games where it's cool to play your own music.

Thread Information