Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Because, there not giving you any other option.
    Forcing you to pay money to enjoy something thats free other places is stupid, you can get Pandora for free and thats just as good.
    I will never pay for any of Sonys BS services.
    Then don't and yes there is, you can not buy it, that's always an option.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Well you can't

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    Then don't and yes there is, you can not buy it, that's always an option.
    Um, my way or nothing is the $#@!tiest option there is. I wouldnt even call it an option.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Forcing you to pay money to enjoy something thats free other places is stupid, you can get Pandora for free and thats just as good.
    Amen and +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member

I'm supportive of people doing what they want....but personally I will make a decision based on what I WANT and I am going to use the service and if I like it I may subscribe....because like you..I'm a consumer that can make up my own mind. I purchased the PS4 knowing this going in and it doesn't bother me one bit in the slightest.

6. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    No one is forcing you to purchase anything

tapatalk post

8. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Superior Member

No one is forcing you to purchase anything

tapatalk post
    I agree....it was announced like back in Feb. or whenever it first got announced that it would play music in game with Music Unlimited....it has never been said it would support your own music files....people are upset it doesn't have that option but it was never an option to begin with...kinda like backwards compatibility. It doesn't have a lot of things that the PS3 had but people should buy it for what it is....and if you want not to use their music service good for you....and you want others to support you in that cause ok...but I won't do it....because I may want to try the service...perhaps I will buy into it if I like it or maybe I won't but regardless I won't make my decisions based on everyone else....I don't do it based on others reviews of games and I won't do it because someone wants to whine that their mp3s aren't supported. Most people buying a launch console are pretty informed buyers...and I don't think Sony is duping anyone. I'm sure mp3s and streaming will get supported later in fw just like PS3 was stripped down at launch but until then I will enjoy the PS4 as it was intended.

10. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I agree....it was announced like back in Feb. or whenever it first got announced that it would play music in game with Music Unlimited....it has never been said it would support your own music files....people are upset it doesn't have that option but it was never an option to begin with...kinda like backwards compatibility. It doesn't have a lot of things that the PS3 had but people should buy it for what it is....and if you want not to use their music service good for you....and you want others to support you in that cause ok...but I won't do it....because I may want to try the service...perhaps I will buy into it if I like it or maybe I won't but regardless I won't make my decisions based on everyone else....I don't do it based on others reviews of games and I won't do it because someone wants to whine that their mp3s aren't supported. Most people buying a launch console are pretty informed buyers...and I don't think Sony is duping anyone. I'm sure mp3s and streaming will get supported later in fw just like PS3 was stripped down at launch but until then I will enjoy the PS4 as it was intended.
    who cares about listening to music while playing? That wasn't my point.
    Im saying there forcing you because that's the only way to listen to music on you ps4, which was NEVER how its been. PS3 was an awesome media device.

The xbox original had custom music soundtracks, there's no reason to not put that in btw. Except money.

12. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member

who cares about listening to music while playing? That wasn't my point.
    Im saying there forcing you because that's the only way to listen to music on you ps4, which was NEVER how its been. PS3 was an awesome media device.

The xbox original had custom music soundtracks, there's no reason to not put that in btw. Except money.
    and your point is?? The PS4 has never been marketed as such....Sony realized last gen what trying to be your home media hub did for them last gen....nothing...so they made the best dedicated gaming machine they could....I'm happy with it. I don't need to listen to music on my PS4 but if I want to they gave me an option with Music Unlimited....its free to try and if I like it its like 30 bucks a year. PS2 could barely go online...I understand you want the device to be EXACTLY the way you want it..but they made it the way it is...it likely will change over time considering its easily upgradable through fw but either way I'm perfectly happy the way it is....and I won't do something because some kid says to on the internet...boycott away...I will enjoy the console and I'm going to enjoy the free 30 day music unlimited and I may even purchase it. To let others tell you what you should and shouldn't do is pretty lame imo. I think everyone should check it out and decide if they want to or not. I'm sure most won't pay for it but that is the power of choice...and I'm not going to tell someone what choice to make. All I know is the PS4 has NEVER been marketed for 1 sec as a media center and it was explicitedly spelled out that to listen to music in game you had to use music unlimited from the very start...there hasn't been a betrayal etc...and this isn't just at you but others that are saying that. Sony will do whats best as a company for them. That may very well be to add the streaming back at some point but that isn't their priority in getting the console out the door and I support that and I think it is nice they gave me the 30 day trial.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    and your point is?? The PS4 has never been marketed as such....Sony realized last gen what trying to be your home media hub did for them last gen....nothing...so they made the best dedicated gaming machine they could....I'm happy with it. I don't need to listen to music on my PS4 but if I want to they gave me an option with Music Unlimited....its free to try and if I like it its like 30 bucks a year. PS2 could barely go online...I understand you want the device to be EXACTLY the way you want it..but they made it the way it is...it likely will change over time considering its easily upgradable through fw but either way I'm perfectly happy the way it is....and I won't do something because some kid says to on the internet...boycott away...I will enjoy the console and I'm going to enjoy the free 30 day music unlimited and I may even purchase it. To let others tell you what you should and shouldn't do is pretty lame imo. I think everyone should check it out and decide if they want to or not. I'm sure most won't pay for it but that is the power of choice...and I'm not going to tell someone what choice to make. All I know is the PS4 has NEVER been marketed for 1 sec as a media center and it was explicitedly spelled out that to listen to music in game you had to use music unlimited from the very start...there hasn't been a betrayal etc...and this isn't just at you but others that are saying that. Sony will do whats best as a company for them. That may very well be to add the streaming back at some point but that isn't their priority in getting the console out the door and I support that and I think it is nice they gave me the 30 day trial.
    Very good post

tapatalk post

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    so they made the best dedicated gaming machine they could
    And yet they spent time implementing a streaming service, which takes more effort than enabling CD or MP3 playback. And it so happens that Sony makes money from that streaming service.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    And yet they spent time implementing a streaming service, which takes more effort than enabling CD or MP3 playback. And it so happens that Sony makes money from that streaming service.
    How would it take more time when they already had it and it's their code?

tapatalk post

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Putting words in other peoples mouths is pretty lame imo, but anyways

I never said the ps4 was marketed as anything.
    My one and only point is that people got used to being able to have the simple ability to listen to mp3s or stream music, and now some people have to change there setup or buy something to accommodate for the removal of a basic feature.
    Its one of those things that's not a huge deal, but when its gone you miss it.
    Its so silly to take it away, and the reason is obvious...they want you to try the free Music Unlimited trial and start buying it after that.
    So no, I never said the PS4 was marketed as a media device, but there's is no reason it cant be. A media device isn't a big deal these days, its pretty much to be expected in a 400 dollar gaming machine it doesn't have to be marketed, I mean c'mon, no mp3's? that's ridiculous.

18. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

My one and only point is that people got used to being able to have the simple ability to listen to mp3s or stream music, and now some people have to change there setup or buy something to accommodate for the removal of a basic feature.
    Its one of those things that's not a huge deal, but when its gone you miss it.
    Its so silly to take it away, and the reason is obvious...they want you to try the free Music Unlimited trial and start buying it after that.
    So no, I never said the PS4 was marketed as a media device, but there's is no reason it cant be. A media device isn't a big deal these days, its pretty much to be expected in a 400 dollar gaming machine it doesn't have to be marketed, I mean c'mon, no mp3's? that's ridiculous.
    You don't have a MP3 player or a smart phone?

tapatalk post

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I can't believe this is still a topic.

My one and only point is that people got used to being able to have the simple ability to listen to mp3s or stream music, (1)and now some people have to change there setup or buy something to accommodate for the removal of a basic feature.
    (2)Its one of those things that's not a huge deal, but when its gone you miss it.
    (3)Its so silly to take it away, and the reason is obvious...they want you to try the free Music Unlimited trial and start buying it after that.
    1. Most of these people complaining probably do have the same music on an iPod or some type of mp3 player and won't need to buy one. That's a pretty big assumption, but I'm willing to bet my PS4 that they have their music backed up somewhere else. If you are in that need of some Music stimulation during your gaming, then stream it from that device.

2. If it's not a huge deal, then it shouldn't be this huge an issue to "boycott"

3. No one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to use it. Treat it like an app that you'll never use. Just pop some ear pods in and enjoy that pirated music on your favorite mp3 player

It's okay to be upset about not being able to stream music, but a lot of you all are acting like listening to music on a Gaming system is a birthright

21. Likes snooper71, N0REGARD4LIFE likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    But some of us already own a ton of music. It's one of my favorite hobbies. And now I can't use that for PS4's custom soundtracks. I'd have to use whatever is in Music Unlimited, which is missing a lot of my music.
    Like I said, I understand where music lover with lots of cd's and MP3's come from on the issue but to request a boycott of music unlimited is like TELLING ME I am not entitled to listen to music the way I want.. Different folks, different strokes.

A better way would be to launch of those #listensony campaign requesting it. They showed they pay attention to what their fans want, I'm sure they will eventually implement an upgrade. Sooner than later I'd wager. I would "sign" petitions in that regard to support you guys.

Another way for those who do purchase CD's and MP3's would be to boycott SONY/BMG artists (that I could get on board with to some extent)

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Who labeled it a gaming system first? It's an upgraded version of the Playstation line so yes, I would expect it to still have the same capabilities as the ps3 and more. I've used the ps3 for multimedia since I got it, I don't have a stereo and it's my main source of music, I thought it was a no brainer that the ps4 could do the same. And as vudumonkey said, it doesn't make me want one any less, but it's odd that some features were left off at launch. I like the phone analogy, I never listen to music on my phone, but if they stopped that feature on phones because, well, they're for talking first, I wouldn't begrudge others who were put off by the decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Mark Cerny.

PlayStation 4′s Lead Architect Mark Cerny is very confident on the potential of Sony’s upcoming console as a machine created primarily for games, and while it can do other things too, he doesn’t have any qualms in identifying the difference with Microsoft’s message, as he told Brian Crecente of Polygon in a quite interesting interview.
    Well, PlayStation 4 is not strictly about games. I mean, look around this room right now and you’ll see all the different things that you can do that are not games, like the Hulu and the Netflix and all of those things.

It’s just that when we go out and we talk about it, we talk about it as primarily a game console. And by the way, it does those other things too.

We don’t go out there and say, “hey, here’s a box you can watch TV on.”

When Crecente pressed him on whether there’s still room in the market for a console based primarily on games, Cerny was positive on the fact that there is.
    I think that yes, there’s a huge audience for devices that primarily play games.

Hard not to agree with him. Sure, there may very well be gazillions of people out there that play on smartphones, tablets, or other devices that have other primary purposes, but the hype for the next generation of consoles is real, and it’s definitely not the echo of a small, niche market.
    Once again, I think some of you are choosing the wrong console if you're wanting a bunch of extra crap. And CD support? LMAO! Why???
    Last edited by N0REGARD4LIFE; 11-12-2013 at 07:28.

24. Likes Wrath , snooper71 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    One thing that no one even mentions is sony could at least let us rip CDs to HDD using their proprietary ATRAC compression codec, at least that way we are ripping legitimate CDs and it costs sony no money considering they own half of the CD format and own the ATRAC compression scheme... What does everyone think about this.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

26. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    One thing that no one even mentions is sony could at least let us rip CDs to HDD using their proprietary ATRAC compression codec, at least that way we are ripping legitimate CDs and it costs sony no money considering they own half of the CD format and own the ATRAC compression scheme... What does everyone think about this.
    No because then they can't paywall that $#@!, they wanna make money out of every possible thing like MS, but I guess they gotta make back that 6 bil somehow, just not outta me. I'll support them when they put out decent games but not signing up to any subscription service.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    How would it take more time when they already had it and it's their code?
    They revamped the service for the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Just pop some ear pods in and enjoy that pirated music on your favorite mp3 player
    -That removes the game sound effects.
    -That removes outside sounds, and the ability to talk to the people around you.
    -That doesn't automatically change the background music of the game to your music (like the 360 does).
    -That requires you to go back and forth between two devices.

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    to request a boycott of music unlimited is like TELLING ME I am not entitled to listen to music the way I want.
    I'm not the OP. I never told anyone to boycott.

29. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Elite
    I'm a sound freak and with MP3 you actually lose quality you can't beat a decent hifi setup for your music IMHO.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

-That doesn't automatically change the background music of the game to your music (like the 360 does).

Revamped it? It is their hardware if you don't like it dont buy it and stop whining

tapatalk post
    Last edited by thanatos144; 11-12-2013 at 15:59.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Revamped it? It us their hardware if you don't like it dint buy it and stop whining

tapatalk post
    I'm whining? I made one post saying I wasn't buying Music Unlimited and you guys keep ripping on us. I'm just discussing the topic with you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod

Because it's so hard to maintain two devices at once? Play it out loud or lower the music or even up the Game sounds if you're that desperate for music. This is not as impossible as many of you all are making it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Because it's so hard to maintain two devices at once? Play it out loud or lower the music or even up the Game sounds if you're that desperate for music. This is not as impossible as many of you all are making it.
    Or Sony could just enable MP3 playback and not push the inconvenience onto the customer.

Thread Information