Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Or Sony could just enable MP3 playback and not push the inconvenience onto the customer.
    They could, sure. But they don't have to. And consumers could bite the bullet and accept that everything does not go there way. This is a microscopic change in comparison to many things that have happened and could happen.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    consumers could bite the bullet and accept that everything does not go there way
    Why do that when Sony will listen to feedback and update the console? Hell, according to the GAF insiders, Sony moved MP3-playback higher up in their priorities due to the backlash.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Why do that when Sony will listen to feedback and update the console? Hell, according to the GAF insiders, Sony moved MP3-playback higher up in their priorities due to the backlash.
    My point is more-overly that there's no point to "boycott" a service that you (You in general of course) dislike all because a bunch of crybabies can't get there way.

Personally, I don't care if mp3 playback returns or not. If you get your way, fine. If you don't oh well. I just don't see the point in "boycotting" and "cancelling preorders" like I've seen many post in this topic.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    My point is more-overly that there's no point to "boycott" a service that you (You in general of course) dislike all because a bunch of crybabies can't get there way.

Personally, I don't care if mp3 playback returns or not. If you get your way, fine. If you don't oh well. I just don't see the point in "boycotting" and "cancelling preorders" like I've seen many post in this topic.
    In summary:

You don't care. I care.

Again, I never told anyone to boycott anything. I'm just expressing my own displeasure. To each their own.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    In summary:

You don't care. I care.

Again, I never told anyone to boycott anything. I'm just expressing my own displeasure. To each their own.
    I said "in general". Not "Ixion". And I have no problem with you or anyone expressing your displeasure. If Sony did something that I disliked, I'd be right in your shoes. I'm just appalled by the boycotting crap.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I said "in general". Not "Ixion". And I have no problem with you or anyone expressing your displeasure. If Sony did something that I disliked, I'd be right in your shoes. I'm just appalled by the boycotting crap.
    People who are boycotting care a lot about the issue.

People who aren't boycotting don't care about the issue.

Glad we're making progress.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

Bull$#@! people who boycott over something so frivolous are just throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child

tapatalk post

8. Likes MartyRules, Saigon likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Bull$#@! people who boycott over something so frivolous are just throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child

tapatalk post
    I disagree that the matter of MU being the only option to listen to music on the PS4 is frivolous. The PS4 is supposed to be a much more advanced video game/home entertainment console than the PS3. So how does it make any sense that PS3 owners have several choices for listening to music (audio CD, MP3, media streaming from a computer, and MU) but PS4 owners only have a single option which is MU.

Isn't it reasonable to expect that a more advanced device (PS4) would offer many more choices for listening to music than the less advanced PS3?

Thank you very much for your support, Ixion!!!

I'm not a major music listener on my PS3 but I'm very glad to have several choices (MP3, audio CD, media streaming from a computer, MU) for those occasional times when I want to listen to music. What bugs me about the PS4 is that there will only be a single option for listening to music: MU which requires a subscription after the initial free trial period that's being offered in the USA & Canada.
    The PS4 is a far more advanced device than the PS3 is - so it just doesn't make sense that PS3 offers many more choices for listening to music than the PS4.

I am completely baffled as to why they didn't include MP3 support out of the gate. That's like selling a PC without any USB ports in today's world (although at least with a PC you can buy hardware to fix that problem). Nowadays MP3 support is simply one of those things that is an expected default feature. One nobody asks about because they simply assume it will be available. And to exclude it, intentional or otherwise, is extremely incompetent (or malicious, as in the case of possibly herding people towards MU).

CD support is basically the same thing, although we are in the MP3/digital-music generation, so no CD support isn't as perplexing since CD audio can easily be turned into MP3's and listened to (although not as high quality sound for those picky about that kind of thing).

I personally love in-game music for online games, it is one of the most important features of a game console for me. And the fact that the PS4 doesn't play MP3's is extremely disappointing, especially seeing as how I popped my in-game music cherry with KZ2, and was very looking forward to it in KZSF multiplayer (If it even supports in-game music, which is very rare on PS3 games and could be just as rare in PS4 games).

Still love the PS4, and have high hopes that they will quickly fix this erroneous move, but still is disappointing as I got KZSF as one of my launch games, and knowing I can't enjoy music with it (for the time being) stinks.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by GkarB5 View Post
    I disagree that the matter of MU being the only option to listen to music on the PS4 is frivolous. The PS4 is supposed to be a much more advanced video game/home entertainment console than the PS3. So how does it make any sense that PS3 owners have several choices for listening to music (audio CD, MP3, media streaming from a computer, and MU) but PS4 owners only have a single option which is MU.

Isn't it reasonable to expect that a more advanced device (PS4) would offer many more choices for listening to music than the less advanced PS3?
    No one will die or be enslaved or become poor, governments will not fall or starvation will not get worse if the PlayStation doesn't play MP3s.

tapatalk post

Apprentice

Seriously, got a link to this? Good to hear hoping its sooner rather than later

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    Seriously, got a link to this? Good to hear hoping its sooner rather than later
    I was banned from GAF, so I can't use the search feature right now. But you can rest assured, it was said by Kagari a day after the FAQ came out.

And Yoshida basically said the same thing recently, so that looks to be the case.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I vote that we all agree to disagree. I'm tired of seeing this blasphemous topic at the top of all the threads

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I vote that we all agree to disagree.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    okay I'll admit. I chuckled.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by GkarB5 View Post
    in a future update.

Sony recently revealed that the PS4 will NOT support audio CDs & MP3 in their PS4 FAQ here:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...merica/#sect10

It appears that Sony has taken this step in order to force PS4 owners who wish to listen to music (on their PS4) - to pay for a Music Unlimited subscription.

I'm a current subscriber to Music Unlimited & I enjoy this service on my PS3 - however, I also have a large collection of audio CDs & MP3 files that I enjoy listening to on my PS3. It makes me very upset & angry (as a loyal Sony Playstation customer) to learn that the PS4 will not support audio CDs & MP3s. Therefore, I have canceled automatic renewal of my Music Unlimited subsbsription and I will not renew until Sony restores audio CD & MP3 support to the PS4.

THIS IS THE REASON THAT I'M CALLING ON ALL OF MY FELLOW SONY PLAYSTATION CUSTOMERS, WHO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE A MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION, TO NOT PURCHASE ONE UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4. ALSO, I'M CALLING UPON ALL CURRENT MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIBERS TO CANCEL AUTOMATIC RENEWAL UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4.
    Sorry you do not have my support. Main reason, The PS3 didn't have this function when it was first released. Also, Sony has already made a statement that they will address the concern in the next firmware updates.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I wish they would just let us use Spotify, but I'm actually looking forward to giving MU a chance. I love streaming services, even with my crap internet connection.

That being said, people should still have the option to use mp3s/CDs if they want, and I think it's safe to say Sony gets that loud and clear now. So yeah, it's coming eventually.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I was banned from GAF, so I can't use the search feature right now. But you can rest assured, it was said by Kagari a day after the FAQ came out.

And Yoshida basically said the same thing recently, so that looks to be the case.
    Seems like all the members from here that also go there get banned a lot lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Thread Information