Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

Rev3games' YT personalities attack gamers over "Resolutiongate" controversy.

How does one make a poll here?

Please include one of the following at the end of your posts.

Are you:

A : Normal human being that likes playing and talking about games.

B : Among the "Hateful, maladjusted people".

C : A frugal Chemical Weapon buying mass murderer.

D : B & C

E : D & A
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-07-2013 at 02:06.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Can I get a backstory?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Boohoo poor video games journalists....

We sure are the worst!!! No hyperbole there guys - saying that we're wrose than chemical arms dealers or whatever....

Seriously though, I can't remember any CNN/BBC/etc reporter complaining about receiving criticism ever. Who knew writing/reporting professionals could be so touchy?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Can I get a backstory?
    Sessler is a crybaby crying about not getting a ps4 he can direct capture off of and people called him a cry baby there for we are all a-holes

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    there isn't one really. no other media sites have picked it up.

Sessler tweeting vague rants about how his life is over Hinting there was something seriously wrong with the PS4 and he's going to have to quit "the industry" and go into banking...

In reality, Sessler wanted an early free debug PS4 unit sent to him, Sony said no, instead Sony set up a media event where the YT personalities and games news presenters review the ps4 over a 2day period. This was revealed by Jim sterling in his latest jimquisition.

When gamers found out this was why he was ranting, They called him out, Then Sessler started minimizing the PS4 advantages vis a vis the 1080p ps4 vs 720p Xbox one in his last video, they called him out again. His tweets are in reference to the below neogaf topic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709442
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-07-2013 at 02:21.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

PSU Live Streamer
    Tara Long ‏@TaraLongest 7h @In_Game_Life unless you've sent death/rape threats to me or my coworkers, I'm probably not talking about you
    this might have something to do with it

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Then they're probably just as guilty as those they despise - as in lumping all gamers in those tweets (if not, it certainly looks like that's what they're doing with those tweets).

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Apparently the "majority of its vocal userbase" has sent her rape and death threats? Highly doubtful.

I mean why bother? She's a 6.5/10 at best. /s

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Boohoo poor video games journalists....

We sure are the worst!!! No hyperbole there guys - saying that we're wrose than chemical arms dealers or whatever....

Seriously though, I can't remember any CNN/BBC/etc reporter complaining about receiving criticism ever. Who knew writing/reporting professionals could be so touchy?
    What cracks me up is how he's in the industry. He reports on the industry. I've ghostwritten medical books for physicians. By his logic it seems maybe I can practice medicine. Maybe I should look into that. I've always wanted to scream "thoracotomy tray, stat!" at a pretty little nurse while some poor slob drops his entire blood volume on my shoes.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I can see their point. It's their opinion, respect it. You don't have to agree with something stated but don't go posting death threats, get all pissy about it. It's starting to show how pathetic gamers are becoming.
    Last edited by SkarEffect; 11-07-2013 at 02:45.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    What cracks me up is how he's in the industry. He reports on the industry. I've ghostwritten medical books for physicians. By his logic it seems maybe I can practice medicine. Maybe I should look into that. I've always wanted to scream "thoracotomy tray, stat!" at a pretty little nurse while some poor slob drops his entire blood volume on my shoes.

Exactly, an investigative/any journalist that writes for the financial times won't regard themselves as part of the "financial industry". They view themselves as objective observers.

It's telling that the best "games journalism" in the last year has come from an article in the Metro newspaper - its given away free on public transport, most use it an impromptu umbrella here. Here's another they carried out with Jim Ryan.

The vast majority of "games journalists" are not journalists, they tarnish the profession. They are "presenters" literal show and tell pieces. And from now on this is how i will refer to them - Presenters.

Angry Joe>rev3/IGN/Eurogamer/GT/kotaku at the moment. I mean he is a loyal Xbox fanman, But when he got the chance to interview face to face with major nelson? He did not shy away from the tough questions that people want to ask.

PSU? I read the reviews regularly, they definitely do not shy away from a bad score when it is deserved. Considering this is a pro playstation site, the journalistic integrity is high, because bias is expected, but rarely manifests itself.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-07-2013 at 02:44.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

12. Likes sanfordmay likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    The vast majority of "games journalists" are not journalists, they tarnish the profession. They are "presenters" literal show and tell pieces. And from now on this is how i will refer to them - Presenters.
    Bingo. Show and tell. Advertising copywriters carrying press cards.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Yes... let's compare gamers to terrorists. A fitting analogy. -__-
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

15. Likes Christopher , Demi_God likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Yes... let's compare gamers to terrorists. A fitting analogy. -__-
    Yeah, that was stupid.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Yeah, that was stupid.
    Not only was it stupid, but they're acting surprised at gamers' behavior... which is even dumber. It's like this every generation.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Can I get a backstory?
    There is two.

The first one goes like this
    1/ Sony refuse to allow preview/review consoles to game journalists
    2/ They are also controlling how they review the games by making sure they are all done at controlled events.
    3/ Due to HDCP restircitons, any vidoe is from Sony, not reviewes (except IGN who have a debug kit gievn to them by Sony - no one esle has one).

Sessler though this was a bit off.

PS4 fans dismissed him as a zealot.

Second story.

He put out a video this week discussing the whole reoslutiongate scenario, in which he blamed MS and to a lesser extent Sony, for hyping the whole 1080p 60fps thing since the announcement of these consoles.

Video is here:

Sony fans called him out for downplaying the whole resolution thing.
    Then attacked him via twitter.

Then they're probably just as guilty as those they despise - as in lumping all gamers in those tweets (if not, it certainly looks like that's what they're doing with those tweets).
    Unless you attacked him via the media he was replying on (Twitter) then I think you can safely say he was not referring to you. Leave thy knickers unbunched, and on the outside (in your avatars case).
    Last edited by mynd; 11-07-2013 at 03:10.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

19. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Not only was it stupid, but they're acting surprised at gamers' behavior... which is even dumber. It's like this every generation.
    If they were in my forum and were memebrs saying $#@! like that, they'd be temp=banned for 'acting dumb' and trolling.

They can't tell us they don't know some (meaning, minority) people who happen to play games, can get over-excited and start to say stupid $#@!. ascribing that to allude that there SOOOO MANY (read: majority) of gamers that are doing this is grandstanding.

Yes, gamers are generally more critical, but they can't get mad at that either.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Unless you attacked him via the media he was replying on (Twitter) then I think you can safely say he was not referring to you. Leave thy knickers unbunched, and on the outside (in your avatars case).
    I'm aware of this.

But they make it sound like everyone is doing it (in the first tweets/back n forth between them). Had they led with that, then fine.

I think chemical weapons dealers have a more tolerable userbase than videogames
    That there doesn't qualify anything. Meaning (or can take to mean) anyone under videogames. Even "the movaority of its vocal consumer base". If that doesn't mean or allude to "most" (as they were using) then I don't know what does.

Nor did anything from Tara until that post from shepard. Even still, that was still a bit accusatory "I'm probably not talking about you".

no knickers were harmed at the making of these posts. Good (I guess) to see you care tho.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-07-2013 at 03:16.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    These Internet celebrities need to remember how fickle a mistress the Internet is.. If they want to use it to get famous and earn a living they got to accept the whole shebang, good with the bad.. Either grow a thicker skin or piss of and make your money elsewhere I say.. It's not just the game industry, legends are born and destroyed daily all over the Internet. Acting like a spoilt baby and chucking your toys out of the pram only makes it worse..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Also, I don't get why they're still going on about it??? In internet/videogame land, this is old news. Is just butthurt or did something else happen?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    If they were in my forum and were memebrs saying $#@! like that, they'd be temp=banned for 'acting dumb' and trolling.

They can't tell us they don't know some (meaning, minority) people who happen to play games, can get over-excited and start to say stupid $#@!. ascribing that to allude that there SOOOO MANY (read: majority) of gamers that are doing this is grandstanding.

Yes, gamers are generally more critical, but they can't get mad at that either.
    But really, getting $#@!ty because he suggested that pushing 1080p was probably not the message these console manufacturers should have relied on?
    How can you get so upset over this $#@!? really?
    I'm aware of this.

But they make it sound like everyone is doing it (in the first tweets/back n forth between them). Had they led with that, then fine.

no knickers were harmed at the making of these posts. Good (I guess) to see you care tho.
    Its a tweet, you cant take a single tweet out of context, you nee don't know the background to it, and in terms who he has actually dealt.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

24. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    But really, getting $#@!ty because he suggested that pushing 1080p was probably not the message these console manufacturers should have relied on?
    How can you get so upset over this $#@!? really?

Its a tweet, you cant take a single tweet out of context, you nee don't know the background to it, and in terms who he has actually dealt.
    Huh? Who's getting $#@!ty?

I'm not taking anything out of context. That's exactly what he/they said. Good for them you're batting for them. Let's just hope it's better than the Blackcaps aye.

No biggie really either way.

It's just annoying when they lump everyone in there. Or are (purposely?) ambiguous about it. Coming from someone that hasn't made a death threat. Apart from curse developers while playing a hard game/level I cant get past (i.e. most recently SC Blacklist side missions/checkpoints on Realistic ).

Veteran
    Can I get a backstory?
    Actually this latest tweet is because he was called out as being a hypocrite.

Earlier this year he is on stage talking about all games needing to be 1080p/60fps.

Now he has a resolution gate video saying there is little to no difference between 1080p and 720p.

So he has been called out on his flip flop stance and is throwing another tantrum.

That is all.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post

Earlier this year he is on stage talking about all games needing to be 1080p/60fps.

Now he has a resolution gate video saying there is little to no difference between 1080p and 720p.

So he has been called out on his flip flop stance and is throwing another tantrum.

That is all.
    So nothing to do with the video capture "end of the world/mayans called it/Y2K bug" thingy then?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post

According to idiots he said this.
    If you watch the video, he doesn't say that AT ALL.

That is all.

Veteran
    So nothing to do with the video capture "end of the world/mayans called it/Y2K bug" thingy then?
    Nope.

Thread Information