Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Wait.. what? PS4 DOESN'T support DLNA!?!

In a rare move, Xbox One actually one-upped the PS4today, as Microsoft announced that its forthcoming console supports CDs and DLNA media streaming.That means the system can play your entire library of audio CDs and stream files from a home network because it's CD and DLNA compatible, the company told The Penny Arcade Report.
    These are two basic functions that the otherwise powerfulPS4 is unable to deliver, Sony admitted October 30.
    While Xbox One disc drives are compatible with CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, the PlayStation 4 supports only the latter two options.
    Xbox One MP3 semi-support

Disappointingly, Sony revealed that the thousands of MP3 music files out in the wild won't work with the PS4 either.
    Xbox One, on the other hand, will be able to handle this common audio file type through a workaround that involves streaming from a Windows device.
    Because the console is a Play To receiver, it can stream content from any Play To supported device.
    So if you happen to have your MP3 library on a machine running Windows 7 up to Windows 8.1 or have a Windows Phone device, you're in luck.
    Oh, by the way

Sony waited until the very last minute to admit some of the system's lowlights, while Microsoft made its most blunders during E3 and laterreversed many of its decisions.
    Now may be the best timing to come out on top as most pre-orders for Day One consoles are already in place, which makes the delay of DriveClubbundled with PS4 all the more painful.
    Source

Am i reading this right? I'm not too fussed about missing out on MP3's as I don't use them due to compressed quality but does this mean I can't stream movies from my PC or a NAS box to my PS4?

Might not be a big issue to most but my primary use for my PS4 was going to be used for blurays, Netflix and watching things via streaming content from my home storage as most my gaming is done on multiplat games and they'll all be on my PC.

Quite annoyed/disappointed with Sony that they decide to announce the negative features this close to launch. Really hope this is just a case of me reading it wrong because I am really not impressed with this.

edit: would've helped if i spelt the word right in the title...
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-07-2013 at 10:57.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol not supported at launch but will most definitely get patched in with the second round of fw update

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage

Still a problem for me. I'm barely interested in KZ:SF but that's the only launch window game i'm interested in until Infamous is released.

Sensible answer would be for me to cancel my pre-order and wait until Infamous is released but the tech$#@! inside of me wants to have it at release. First world problem, i know.

Superior Member
    I have my PC hooked up to my TV/sound system along with all my consoles so that gets used as my media centre, but I can see this being a headache for a fair few people.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    As I do not do any of these anyway this news does not bother me but I can see why it's a problem for other people, but like YoungMullah88 mentioned will probably be patched in the second round of firmware updates!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Did anyone else get the PS3 day 1?

That firmware was BEYOND ARCHAIC compared to what we have now... I remember when custom wallpaper patches came in and themes. haha.

Things WILL change.

7. Likes SkarEffect likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post

That firmware was BEYOND ARCHAIC compared to what we have now... I remember when custom wallpaper patches came in and themes. haha.

Things WILL change.
    Pre-day 1 here! I got a Hong Kong model months before EU release and yep, I remember not being able to do a fair bit!
    No Divx being the main one I can think of off the top of my head, but there was lots!!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here is the thread that has been knocking on this issue:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...4-FAQ-Now-Live!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yoshi said that he has talked to developers regarding this, about MP3s and streaming, and in all likelihood these features will be added via a later FW update. Can't b arsed finding the tweet but:

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, NoDLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch. We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

• Legacy headset support
    • Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
    • Suspend and resume play feature
    • DLNA support for media such as (streaming Mp3, Videos etc.)

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today when Shuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTubesupport for video sharing. What do you think of this good news do you think Sony still needs more features to claim the living room in this next gen console war? comment below let us know.
    http://couchjockeyz.com/mp3-support-...nd-ps4-update/

Praetor Illuminatus
    Set up a Red Kawa server on your PC. You should be able to access your media via browser that way.

You're welcome.

12. Likes shepard, BBK.. likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Imagine how sneaky and cunning it would be if Sony held these features back so that there would be an outcry in which it could then further its good guy white knight image by fixing it...always having had the intention to add them...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yoshi said that he has talked to developers regarding this, about MP3s and streaming, and in all likelihood these features will be added via a later FW update. Can't b arsed finding the tweet but:

http://couchjockeyz.com/mp3-support-...nd-ps4-update/

Ghost, that should be its own topic, stickied, and posted on the main page. lol that is important information it seems

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post

Things WILL change.
    I had my PS3 day one. But that time there were actually a few games on launch day i really wanted to play

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Set up a Red Kawa server on your PC. You should be able to access your media via browser that way.

You're welcome.
    Might just have to do that. Does it work with NAS boxes as well?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    Didn't Sony already address this an say it would be implemented in future update.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Yeah, no DLNA at launch kinda sucks for me as well, I stream a ton of stuff off my NAS currently, but until they release a firmware update supporting it, I have loaded XBMC on my Ouya and set it up to stream from my NAS.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Relax! It's definitely coming in the next few months.

http://community.us.playstation.com/...e/m-p/41986351

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, No DLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch. We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

- Legacy headset support
    - Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
    - Suspend and resume play feature
    - DLNA support for media such as (streaming Mp3, Videos etc.)

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today whenShuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTube support for video sharing. What do you think of this good news do you think Sony still needs more features to claim the living room in this next gen console war? comment below let us know.

​aka Sparc

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Old news and we already knew about this and Sony has addressed this. Also please do not forget the PS3 did not have this feature either at launch.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Next a thread about "ZOMG!! Sony is charging for online play?"

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Information