Threaded View

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

62% of Japanese gamers want Dragon Quest on PS4.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/...rding-to-poll/

The popular Japanese IT magazine Weekly ASCII asked its readers on what platform they’d like to play the next Dragon Quest game, and the result were only partly predictable.

Here’s a breakdown:

PS4: 62%
    Wii U: 8%
    iPhone: 8%
    PC: 5%
    Tablets 3%
    Android Smartphones: 3%
    Xbox One: 1%
    SH-01F Dragon Quest: 1%
    Other: 9%

Note: the SH-01F Dragon Quest is the special Dragon Quest themed smartphone to be released this December by docomo.

The PS4 got the lion’s share of the votes, with the Wii U following for home consoles with a meager 8%. 5% is actually surprisingly high for PC, and confirms the trend that PC Gaming is slowly taking a foothold in Japan, even thanks to Final Fantasy XIV and Dragon Quest X.

Also interesting is that all mobile platforms combined just reach a 20%. Considering how popular mobile gaming seems to be in Japan, I expected a much higher result there. The sizable 9% for “other” should not surprise, since the poll did not seem to have a specific option for 3DS, PS3 and PS Vita.

1% for the Xbox One…well… No one’s surprised there. It’s Japan, after all.
    I hope that Dragon Quest comes back to the console. The last Dragon Quest game I played was on Playstation 2. I think we will get a JRPG boom on Playstation 4.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 11-07-2013 at 14:55.

Thread Information