Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Same problem reported on PS Magazines youtube show PS4 O'clock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSKZfCKxXA

Sounds like this could be a real issue and would need to be addressed quick if it is, although the other guy did say that he did not have the same problem whilst he was using the DS4 for hours!
    Thanks for that video!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    I'd exchange that as a manufacturing defect. If it happens again with the new one you'll have to use grips or just put up with it until Sony fixes the issue. But that's far and above normal wear and tear for a week, no matter how much you used it or where you put your thumbs.
    Yea, I might, I'll wait till after I get my ps4. That way I'm not controller less.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by vudumonkey25 View Post
    Thanks for that video!

Yea, I might, I'll wait till after I get my ps4. That way I'm not controller less.
    Ah, I just assumed you still had PS3 controllers. Anyway, hassle though it may be, it's really the way to go. If the defect costs Sony more money refunding retailers for returned DS4s and throwing them away, they'll fix the defect. If you fix it at your expense or just live with it, they might fix it later when it's convenient or if it becomes a public image problem, but nowhere near as fast as they'll fix it if it's costing them a lot of money to let them roll off the lines like that. (Yeah I know that sounds a lot like Edward Norton's explanation of his job in the movie adaptation of Fight Club. But for better or worse, it's usually true.)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Ah, I just assumed you still had PS3 controllers. Anyway, hassle though it may be, it's really the way to go. If the defect costs Sony more money refunding retailers for returned DS4s and throwing them away, they'll fix the defect. If you fix it at your expense or just live with it, they might fix it later when it's convenient or if it becomes a public image problem, but nowhere near as fast as they'll fix it if it's costing them a lot of money to let them roll off the lines like that. (Yeah I know that sounds a lot like Edward Norton's explanation of his job in the movie adaptation of Fight Club. But for better or worse, it's usually true.)
    I do, but it's out next week and I want to play with it more until then =] I tried a DS3 yesterday and it just felt weird. I'm sure that's just in my head but 6 DAYS!!!! =]
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

PSU Live Streamer
    There is now a post on reddit of this happening. Screen shows the thumbstick having been rubbed down to the plastic

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    the end of playstation is nigh......

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    There is now a post on reddit of this happening. Screen shows the thumbstick having been rubbed down to the plastic
    Wow! Somebody got some real meat beaters! lol. Like how is that possible in a week? Must be recession material or somebody was goin' in on the controller. lol

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    That can't possibly be achieved in one week.. atleast without any trickery?

A) It's a real and the pic is from a developer, or

B) Somebody took a sander to it.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    The last thing Sony needs is a PS2 DRE-like fiasco (expensive recalls). I hope these are just isolated issues rather than a general defect. I'm not shelling out $60 to get a replacement if that crap happens to me within a couple weeks.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    That latest pic there, look at the state of the controller. Dirt and dust in the grooves and all over the thing. That user clearly doesn't take care of his/her stuff. I even see what looks like a frikking pube hair on the touch pad.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    That latest pic there, look at the state of the controller. Dirt and dust in the grooves and all over the thing. That user clearly doesn't take care of his/her stuff. I even see what looks like a frikking pube hair on the touch pad.
    its my pube hair

11. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Superior Member
    My question is if this is something that would be covered in a warranty? Would it be possible to send it in to Sony for a free replacement if this happens.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    its my pube hair
    Getting frisky with that DS4? I don't blame ya lmao.

14. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some people grip controllers really tight (they make it warm and sweaty when you take it off them) and press buttons really hard like they are driving a thumb tack into the wall. They do the same ith mice on computers, seen lots of reports of people breaking mouse buttons in about 2 months because they are so heavy handed.

HULK SMASH!!!

The rubber miht not be up to stndard, the DS2 rubber o the sticks is tough and thick the DS4 rubber doesn't look as thick.

16. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I have a friend like that. I play him at Fifa on PS3 and he'll literally be sweating pressing the buttons. He grips the controller like nothing I've ever seen. I fear for his $#@!.. lmao

18. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Quote Originally Posted by vudumonkey25 View Post
    Hey guy, I got my DS4 over a week ago and I have been using it a lot. I notice today the the rubber is peeling. I wonder if this is going to be an issue going forward.

I might not have my thumb where they expect people to have it. I put most of the pressure from my thumb on the spot that is peeling.

Anyways, anyone else have this happen to their DS4 yet?

Ive been using my DS4 on my laptop since the street date was lifted! Been using it for games and as a mouse for hours a day and I have no idea how you managed to even do that. It looks like something sharp did that.

The only problem I have is that my LB and RB get a bit stuck when I press it by the corner but it hardly happens, I'm just afraid it might start getting more stuck later.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    If these sticks are wearing out, mine will be worn out sometime between the 15th and the 18th. I'm literally not going to sleep as I go on a BF4 bender for 4 days straight.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Well, this would be bit of downer on a new console I've been waiting for, for months.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Apprentice

That would seem like a huge oversight. With all the testing in-house and developer units, etc... Shouldn't this have been caught or a more reoccurring problem?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Probably just one faulty control pad. I'm sure if it was widespread it would have been caught during major testing and feedback would have been given.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Has anyone else noticed that the texture is rubbing off of the dualsticks? I've had the DS4 for 24 hours and after about 6 hours of play, the texture on the rubber is starting to fade. Had to take a look at the dualshock 3 controllers.. 5 years and nothing! Still has that rugged texture.

Edit:

More pictures:
    Last edited by K2D; 01-05-2014 at 17:32.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Elite Guru
    I have yet to give my DS4 a good lengthy play time. I'll see how mine looks after a month. I expect it to only be minimal wear and tear by a month use.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I'm doing single player campaigns at the mo so not really used the DS4 as intensely as I will be when online so will soon enough see if mine starts wearing. Will be a disappointment if so and as said, surely this should have been picked up on during testing etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Somebody will make bucks off this. You'll see down the road if it becomes a problem that additional domes will be sold that slip on kind of like the Triggers for the DS3.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Rubber peeling off on day 1 is really concerning. Haven't had problems like that since the PS1 days..

Galaxy S2

Thread Information