Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Guys, I say it again, this isn't about change to make things easier to find, it's about change to accommodate growth coming to the site. There WILL be changes because there are new sections that ARE coming and the forum needs to be coherently and logically arranged.
    I understand this and im sorry if i seem a bit frustrated by this, but i visit this site multiple times a day to see whats new in the news, then i check the PS4 section to see if theres any news on the hardware site maybe the news hand posted yet, then i go back and check the PS4 games section, then the PS3 games section for information about games.

Im not against change if it improves the forums, But i dont think that making general forums is a good idea. Hardware and software forums being seperate has worked quite well, and it makes it much easier to find the information your looking for, and if it doesnt, helps you to determine where you can post a thread to ask a certain type of question and know youll probably get the best response.

As it stands right now, I think the site could use better headers for the forum topics. for example, instead of just Playstation 4, it could be Playstation 4 Hardware. Simple clarity. Ease of access. Clear language. If i wanna go find something out about watch dogs being delayed, i dont want to have to search through a whole crapload of final fantasy, and x-86, YLOD posts i dont give a crap about just to hope ill find what im looking for.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    In order to grow, you have to be willing to see if you can make things easier to discover -- since that goes hand-in-hand. I think it would be nice to have some type of navigation that is accessible on all pages that lets you jump to other forums (there is a drop-down but it's placement is a bit hidden.)
    I'll talk to Chris about this. I'm sure there is a way to have it more prominently in view. Good point!

@F34R, alright. I'm going to wait for more of the community to chime in and give their input

As it stands, this is what I'm thinking:

PSU COMMUNITY

[Announcements]
    [PSU Media Content]
    -->PlayStation Community Question Of The Week
    -->PSUTube
    -->PlayStation Unchained Podcast
    [PSU Twitch TV Sheduels]
    -->PSU Community Sheduels
    [PSU Community Multiplayer]

[Community Reviews & Opinions]
    [Design Corner]
    -->Sig/Avy Requests
    [Forum Rules, Help, & Feedback]
    -->Infractions & Bans

PLAYSTATION CHAT

[PlayStation 4]
    -->PlayStation 4 Games
    [PlayStation 3]
    -->PlayStation 3 Games
    ---->DUST 514
    ---->GTA V
    ---->Call of Duty
    ---->FFXIV: AAR
    [PlayStation Vita]
    [PlayStation Legacy]
    [PlayStation Network]
    [Trophies] (sometime in the future perhaps)

OTHER GAMING CHAT

[Microsoft] (arrangement of title and subsections flexible)
    [Nintendo]
    [PC]
    [Other Gaming]
    [PlayStation vs Xbox]

GENERAL FORUMS

[Off-Topic]
    -->Entertainment
    -->Sports
    -->Technology
    -->Forum Games
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-08-2013 at 00:21.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I still think the versus forum should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Im not against change if it improves the forums, But i dont think that making general forums is a good idea. Hardware and software forums being seperate has worked quite well, and it makes it much easier to find the information your looking for, and if it doesnt, helps you to determine where you can post a thread to ask a certain type of question and know youll probably get the best response.
    If you look at the revisions so far you'll notice that both hardware and software is separate, what has changed is that the PS4 Games forum has become a sub-forum within the PS4 forum. It tidies up the front page making it less convoluted yet still keeps everything separate so essentially nothing has changed.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I understand this and im sorry if i seem a bit frustrated by this, but i visit this site multiple times a day to see whats new in the news, then i check the PS4 section to see if theres any news on the hardware site maybe the news hand posted yet, then i go back and check the PS4 games section, then the PS3 games section for information about games.

As it stands right now, I think the site could use better headers for the forum topics. for example, instead of just Playstation 4, it could be Playstation 4 Hardware. Simple clarity. Ease of access. Clear language. If i wanna go find something out about watch dogs being delayed, i dont want to have to search through a whole crapload of final fantasy, and x-86, YLOD posts i dont give a crap about just to hope ill find what im looking for.
    It's Ok dude, I understand what you mean. I think there may be a lil misinterpretation of the layout format I've been using. The sections by --> denote subsections, so all th info would still remain in exactly the section its in now, but would be nestled in deeper. You would still be able to access it at a click from the index page.

Ninjad by Varsh.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Why the hell would you rename the Nintendo section "Wii U"? Where would you chat about the 3DS? Why only the DS and the Wii?

What about the Members' Introduction section that DeviousOne kept bringing up?

Why would you put the 360 as a subsection under the Xbox One? Why not keep it Xbox One, Xbox 360, and then Xbox games?

Why would you put PS4 and PS3 games as subsections?

I'll post my arrangement in a sec.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Regarding the Vs section...I never really agreed fully with its existence, but because there are always comparisons drawn between the two console makers and their consoles, it's kind of necessary to stop threads from becoming pissing matches within their respective sections. I just never thought that it is any kind of quarantine where people can let out all their patriotism so that it wouldn't come out in the rest of the forums...it was more a place where it festered and grew before crawling off to filthy up other areas of the site.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Playstation section shouldn't change. It is fine. Everything non-PlayStation is, by definition, "Other Gaming" and should be organized so.
    Other Gaming -> PC, Nintendo, Xbox.

....for what it is worth.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

8. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Why the hell would you rename the Nintendo section "Wii U"? Where would you chat about the 3DS? Why only the DS and the Wii?

The details in this regard doesn't matter, more just the placement under other gaming section.

What about the Members' Introduction section that DeviousOne kept bringing up?

If it's included, it will be in the PSU Community section.

Why would you put the 360 as a subsection under the Xbox One? Why not keep it Xbox One, Xbox 360, and then Xbox games?

Again, we could go with this. The set up of the subsections for other gaming consoles is flexible.

Why would you put PS4 and PS3 games as subsections?

Because it looks streamlined and is 100% just as accessible from the forum index.

I'll post my arrangement in a sec.

10. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    It's Ok dude, I understand what you mean. I think there may be a lil misinterpretation of the layout format I've been using. The sections by --> denote subsections, so all th info would still remain in exactly the section its in now, but would be nestled in deeper. You would still be able to access it at a click from the index page.

Ninjad by Varsh.
    UNACCEPTABLE! I demand that the site remain the same on the grounds that STONE COLD SAID SO! Or at least he would if he understood the interwebs.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    UNACCEPTABLE! I demand that the site remain the same on the grounds that STONE COLD SAID SO! Or at least he would if he understood the interwebs.
    Too late! I'm GAFifying PSU as we speak. It will take awhile but by tomorrow morning there will just be on section called "PSU" and all posts from all sections will be found in there.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Too late! I'm GAFifying PSU as we speak. It will take awhile but by tomorrow morning there will just be on section called "PSU" and all posts from all sections will be found in there.
    THEN I DEMAND A TACO THREAD! also, im calling Bill Murray and Dan whateverthehellhislastnameisspelled on you! GHOST BUSTED! I know its you behind this Slimer!!!

Veteran
    PSU COMMUNITY
    Announcements
    PSU Media Content
    PlayStation Community Question Of The Week
    PSUTube
    PlayStation Unchained Podcast

PSU Twitch TV Sheduels
    PSU Community Sheduels
    [PSU Community Multiplayer]
    [Community Reviews & Opinions]
    [Design Corner]

Sig/Avy Requests
    Forum Rules, Help, & Feedback
    Infractions & Bans

PLAYSTATION CHAT

PlayStation 4
    PlayStation 4 Games
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3 Games

DUST 514
    GTA V
    Call of Duty
    FFXIV: AAR

PlayStation Vita
    PlayStation Legacy
    PlayStation Network

Trophies

Microsoft Gaming
    XBox One
    Xbox 360
    Xbox Games

OTHER GAMING
    Nintendo
    PC
    Misc Gaming
    VS Section

GENERAL FORUMS

Off-Topic
    Entertainment
    Sports
    Technology
    Forum Games

Bold is the headings.
    Red is the sections.
    Blue is the subsections.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I say leave it how it is now. It doesn't cause any disruption, it's easy to navigate, and extremely easy to find categories of your interest without having to sort through other content.

Honestly, just leave it the way it is.
    Same here. I think it's fine. Although I would be stoked to have a trophies section. I could spearhead that if you like Ghost. We've got quite a few trophy hunters here that I'm sure would enjoy it.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-07-2013 at 23:52.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Close to what I had. I think Xbox belongs with the other consoles, it doesnt make sense for it to have its own section when Nintendo, which has more hardware is stuck in other gaming and with just one forum.

Veteran
    Close to what I had. I think Xbox belongs with the other consoles, it doesnt make sense for it to have its own section when Nintendo, which has more hardware is stuck in other gaming and with just one forum.
    You're going to put the Xbox sections under "Other Gaming"? That's great!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Xbox has a helluva lot more traffic than the nintendo section. I've been here how long, and I've never seen the xbox section actually cause any problems with traffic or content. Moving it is just being political at this point.

Keep the Nintendo section, as Nintendo, without subforums. No need for them, and definitely no need to specify Wii U. Ugh.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-08-2013 at 00:08.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    You're going to put the Xbox sections under "Other Gaming"? That's great!
    I am yeah. The config of the section/subsection isn't settled but it doesn't need its own section, it's still just as accessible with the others.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Xbox has a helluva lot more traffic than the nintendo section. I've been here how long, and I've never seen the xbox section actually cause any problems with traffic or content. Moving it is just being political at this point.
    Most of the site's forum traffic comes from google, just like the front page IIRC, so it's placement within the forum itself isn't of that much relevance in that regard. Also, it was only a few months ago that it got its own area, it has been with Nintendo for the most part.

And no it's not political so let's not go down that road please, ok?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I like this idea. This is a playstation site, and if any board needs sub-forums, its certainly the ones that arent playstation. My only concern is that more PS vs MS posts will show up under the PS threads if a VS. section is removed.

Anything you guys decide to do, im gonna have to live with, and ill get over any nuances i dislike. Hell, i only joined these forums in 2008 so i could post a thread asking if Talim was going to be in Soul Calibur 4. The people on these boards, and simple navigation are what keeps me here. I dont post a lot, But i got one post featured on the news as a community thing which was pretty cool, and i dont remember what it was anymore, it was over a year ago. Just make sure this site is still simple enough for a lazy asshole from new jersey to stumble into and not be able to think of a reason to leave.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Most of the site's forum traffic comes from google, just like the front page IIRC, so it's placement within the forum itself isn't of that much relevance in that regard. Also, it was only a few months ago that it got its own area, it has been with Nintendo for the most part.

And no it's not political so let's not go down that road please, ok?
    I'm not talking about traffic from. I'm talking about traffic once it's here.

Do you think placing the Wii U, a dang near dead beat console, as a section would do any good whatsoever? No. It won't. Keep it as Nintendo.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm not talking about traffic from. I'm talking about traffic once it's here.

Do you think placing the Wii U, a dang near dead beat console, as a section would do any good whatsoever? No. It won't. Keep it as Nintendo.
    Like I said, the labeling and arrangement of those sections isn't the crucial point in this but how everything is organised.

Once someone is here and scrolls down far enough to see where the MS section is located, I would wager that said person would know where to find it for future visits. They somehow managed when it was part of other gaming, I'm sure they will manage again.

As it stands the changes are actually very small in terms of existing forums. Xbox goes to other gaming, PlayStation stays the same and all of the community stuff goes to the top. I don't think it will cause mass confusion.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-08-2013 at 00:23.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    My advice...

Be careful moving $#@!!

You have been warned!

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Ultimate Veteran
    If you can turn the Nintendo subforum into a forum, without having to move any threads, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I like our current forum layout.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-08-2013 at 01:03.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    If you can turn the Nintendo subforum into a forum, without having to move any threads, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I like our current forum layout.
    Yes, you can change them from sub forums, to sections on their own without having to move any threads.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    My advice...

Be careful moving $#@!!

You have been warned!
    Gilly3 would approve this message.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

28. Likes -Shafty- , Admartian likes this post

Thread Information