Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It looks decidedly average at best. COD has not been known for great graphics since COD 2.
    however you should still be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p regardless of the quality of details themselves. resolution is just showing more of what's there.

an average game would look worse at 720p than 1080p is my point.

2. Likes mistercrow, Justin likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    DF has screenshots and they definitely could see the difference in their Face Off.
    Yea, but that's DF. Its sort of what they do. It difficult for the average gamer to spot the differences in the graphics. I could tell the xb1 ran a bit smoother. Nothing huge. Some of the hands on from different sites said the same. The differences are there but they are hardly noticeable at all.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea, but that's DF. Its sort of what they do. It difficult for the average gamer to spot the differences in the graphics. I could tell the xb1 ran a bit smoother. Nothing huge. Some of the hands on from different sites said the same. The differences are there but they are hardly noticeable at all.
    Denial is not a river in Eygpt. lol

Forum Overseer
    could you list who said that the differences between these games were not noticeable? i assume you're talking about games that had a difference in resolution? I'd love to see who in their right mind would say that on an official game review site.

so you could spot the small difference in frame rate and can't tell blurry from clear? makes sense. you must own a 22" or must sit 10 feet away.

yeah, that's the whole point, the average consumer can't tell the difference and they don't care about the difference. there are people that can't tell the difference between PS3/360 and PC version of BF games. and that's why consoles sell very well.

Forum Sage
    Denial is not a river in Eygpt. lol
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ca...-xbox-one.aspx
    The Edge:
    There has been much discussion online in recent weeks about resolution issues affecting PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One titles. It's been confirmed that the PlayStation 4 version runs at a native 1080p, but the Xbox One version is upscaled to 1080p from 720p. I played Call of Duty: Ghosts extensively on both next-gen systems on several televisions of different sizes, and saw no differences between the two versions. The experience was virtually identical on both consoles throughout the duration of my play time. If you own both consoles and are deciding which version of Ghosts to get, I'd recommend simply going with whatever console your friends will be playing on.
    This is just one example of a reviewer who says the differences are hard to notice. The end result is that both version look just about identical.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This is just one example of a reviewer who says the differences are hard to notice. The end result is that both version look just about identical.
    That is usually the place I use my famous line, "it's depends on what they do with those pixels".

Please don't make me go get an Xbox One copy of COD:Ghosts. I already have the 360 and PS4 versions lol.

Forum Overseer
    that's absolutely bogus. why would he even say "different sizes"? you only need to check it on the biggest size you have. saying 'different sizes" doesn't make it more legit. it just makes you look like you don't know what to look for.

if someone was to post screenshots of both versions, i can guarantee you that the differences will be clear.

@F34R, i don't understand what you mean by that. yes, if the game has $#@!ty graphics, they won't get better, they will just get more sharp. resolution doesn't make the game look better, it makes it look sharper, and make the details appear more clear.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that's absolutely bogus. why would he even say "different sizes"? you only need to check it on the biggest size you have. saying 'different sizes" doesn't make it more legit. it just makes you look like you don't know what to look for.

if someone was to post screenshots of both versions, i can guarantee you that the differences will be clear.

@F34R, i don't understand what you mean by that. yes, if the game has $#@!ty graphics, they won't get better, they will just get more sharper. resolution doesn't make the game look better, it makes it look sharper, and make the details appear more clear.
    It means exactly what I said. In a game where the difference is resolution, it really matters what the do with those extra pixels. Is the game extremely close @ 720p vs the 1080p?

Look at COD:Ghosts... even when the gameplay is slowed down via the DF comparison video, you can barely tell any differences. When you read the comparison, you'd think you were getting to see something readily obvious; when you actually watch the slowed game play, it's not as spectacular as they made it out when they describe it. When you see them side by side, full speed, I can change the platform label and you wouldn't know it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That is usually the place I use my famous line, "it's depends on what they do with those pixels".

Please don't make me go get an Xbox One copy of COD:Ghosts. I already have the 360 and PS4 versions lol.
    Yea, i agree. One version is native and the other is upscaled. I just wanted to show people here that i wasn't just saying that and some others see the difficulty in distinguishing the two. It all comes down to which version you want to play. This is the case with other multiplats too. Its very hard to tell the difference.

Forum Overseer
    It means exactly what I said. In a game where the difference is resolution, it really matters what the do with those extra pixels. Is the game extremely close @ 720p vs the 1080p?
    What do you mean "extremely close"? In what regards is it extremely close in?

Look at COD:Ghosts... even when the gameplay is slowed down via the DF comparison video, you can barely tell any differences. When you read the comparison, you'd think you were getting to see something readily obvious; when you actually watch the slowed game play, it's not as spectacular as they made it out when they describe it. When you see them side by side, full speed, I can change the platform label and you wouldn't know it.
    on a big screen TV you would. You're arguing about something that you won't necessarily see in a video. especially if the video's resolution itself isn't 1080p and 720p natively. even then, you would need a good eye to see it on your monitor. you'd still need to see it on a big screen.

if you have the two games (for more accuracy), you would need a big screen TV (something over 32" for sure, about 46 or above) to clearly see the differences. Of course, you can even at smaller TVs but some can't, generally it's easier to see it at bigger screens. again, comparing two videos is going to be pointless most of the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance
    Yea, i agree. One version is native and the other is upscaled...
    What? lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 12-30-2013 at 22:33.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    What do you mean "extremely close"? In what regards is it extremely close in?

on a big screen TV you would. You're arguing about something that you won't necessarily see in a video. especially if the video's resolution itself isn't 1080p and 720p natively. you would need a big screen TV (something over 32" for sure, about 46 or above) to clearly see the differences. Of course, you can even at smaller TVs but some can't, generally it's easier to see it at bigger screens. again, comparing two videos is going to be pointless most of the times.
    What? lol.
    How are they seeing the differences? I mean, if they can SEE the differences, why can't I??? I can play the video back on a 22" tv @ 1080p, a 27" monitor @1080p, 50" tv, 1080p, 55" tv @ 1080p. How are they seeing these differences??

Extremely close, meaning I have to stop the video, and scan it slowly to see the sharpness. Otherwise, you can't see that $#@!; at least, I can't.

Forum Overseer
    How are they seeing the differences? I mean, if they can SEE the differences, why can't I??? I can play the video back on a 22" tv @ 1080p, a 27" monitor @1080p, 50" tv, 1080p, 55" tv @ 1080p. How are they seeing these differences??

Extremely close, meaning I have to stop the video, and scan it slowly to see the sharpness. Otherwise, you can't see that $#@!; at least, I can't.
    i'm a little confused at this point but let me start with this: What screen size are you trying to see this difference on and what format is this media in that you're trying to see difference in?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll take DF word over Game Informer. lol Being associated with Gamestop they kind of have a vested interest in all versions selling well. I'm a GI subscriber and they very rarely say anything bad about one version over the other. I love their previews though. Also DF mentions other graphical differences besides just resolution.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-30-2013 at 23:17.

Forum Sage
    I'll take DF word over Game Informer. lol Being associated with Gamestop they kind of have a vested interest in all versions selling well. I'm a GI subscriber and they very rarely say anything bad about one version over the other. I love their previews though. Also DF mentions other graphical differences besides just resolution.
    You're missing the whole point. Its about whether a person can notice the differences, not whether there are any. I expect DF to point it out because that's what they do, but some people won't be able to do that because its just too difficult and too small a difference to notice.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You're missing the whole point. Its about whether a person can notice the differences, not whether there are any. I expect DF to point it out because that's what they do, but some people won't be able to do that because its just too difficult and too small a difference to notice.
    According to DF the differences can be noticed. I'm not saying one blows the other away or anything like that (nor is DF) but the differences are noticeable.

Forum Overseer
    we all know that. but what you've been implying is that there isn't any difference. that's entirely separate from saying, "guys, some people might not see these differences."

Forum Sage
    we all know that. but what you've been implying is that there isn't any difference. that's entirely separate from saying, "guys, some people might not see these differences."
    No i haven't. Where did i imply it? I said they are difficult to notice.

According to DF the differences can be noticed. I'm not saying one blows the other away or anything like that (nor is DF) but the differences are noticeable.
    Not to everyone though. That is the point. That's why i posted that reviewers verdict. Some won't be able to tell. Both game are so close that it goes unnoticable. If you go through every nook and cranny like DF does, then yes you may find things, but what you find won't be anything significant. Minor stuff. Not even enough to separate most of the review scores.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 00:01.

Forum Overseer
    @Sub. let me give you two examples.

That's because you can't really tell the difference. Not even when you play the game.
    bogus.
    right here while you do talk about the average gamer, and you do acknowledge that the differences are there, your last statement would be more correct if you said that "they are hardly noticeable by some [or most, depending on which segment of the gaming population you're speaking about]."

just a clever campaign to downplay advantages.

i've been saying all along that the average gamers won't get it, yea, we get that and we don't care about that. the argument should end there. but you continue to mix in these statements to make it seem like the difference isn't "important", when the argument is whether there is a difference there or not. there is. we don't care if you don't notice it. you wouldn't know how to utilize this difference anyway by the way you are all talking about it.

Forum Sage
    @Sub. let me give you two examples.

bogus.

right here while you do talk about the average gamer, and you do acknowledge that the differences are there, your last statement would be more correct if you said that "they are hardly noticeable by some [or most, depending on which segment of the gaming population you're speaking about]."
    lol..no i didn't have to add "by some". If you want to assume i meant every single gamer then that's your assumption because i certainly never put all gamers into that category.

just a clever campaign to downplay advantages.

ve been saying all along that the average gamers won't get it, yea, we get that and we don't care about that. the argument should end there. but you continue to mix in these statements to make it seem like the difference isn't "important", when the argument is whether there is a difference there or not. there is. we don't care if you don't notice it. you wouldn't know how to utilize this difference anyway by the way you are all talking about it.
    No it's like you are being defensive over basically nothing. I don't need to downplay advantages that clearly don't matter to me. I'm just pointing out a fact, and that is the differences can go unnoticed. I don't care about your view or any other persons view. I posted a reviewer that had a opinion similar to mine, but you say it's just bogus. I guess he is on a clever campaign too.I guess its impossible for him not to notice a difference....lol Gimme a break, dude. This isn't about an individual's view of the game. Some people won't notice. Period. You take the $#@! too literally. Take a break, dude.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 00:56.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sorry, been playing Forza 5, trying to finish the stupid 50 rival races. Gimme an hour or so. I'm going five miles down the road to pick up the game on the Xbox One. The good thing is that I can capture some extremely high fidelity gameplay with the Xbox One. Unfortunately, I can't do it with the PS4. I'll do my best with the capture options they have. When I'll splice the videos together, if possible, and share it uncompressed.

BRB.

Forum Overseer
    i'm the one getting worked up about it? lol. did you read your respond just now? what you continue to ignore is that we already know that some people don't have the ability to tell the difference, we've already established that. yet you continue to say things like "That's because you can't really tell the difference. Not even when you play the game."

which is where your agenda reeks right in. the truth is that you haven't played any of these games (or an 1080p one) with the proper setup (so you can do a side-by-side comparison) and yet you are so willing to talk about how it doesn't matter. heck, all you have to do is play a PC game at 720p and then switch it to 1080p to see the differences.

at the same time, you don't need a reason to talk about advantages about the Xbox that not only aren't there, you don't have knowledge about them either.

yes, that shows your agenda. MS can't do wrong in your world.

Sorry, been playing Forza 5, trying to finish the stupid 50 rival races. Gimme an hour or so. I'm going five miles down the road to pick up the game on the Xbox One. The good thing is that I can capture some extremely high fidelity gameplay with the Xbox One. Unfortunately, I can't do it with the PS4. I'll do my best with the capture options they have. When I'll splice the videos together, if possible, and share it uncompressed.

BRB.
    @F34R, let me reiterate. it's much more difficult to tell the difference in something that is not only captured (regardless of it being uncompressed), which first of all, i haven't seen unless you're on hulu/netflix, which is still not true 1080p, but also something that everyone is going to be looking at from their monitor. it's going to be very difficult to see the differences. the only thing you can do is have a proper setup and watch the two versions at different resolutions on a big screen and report your findings, which I can't possibly entrust Sub with lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 12-31-2013 at 01:20.

Forum Sage

BRB.
    I hope there will be some noticeable differences or else it will be labeled as bogus....lol

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i'm the one getting worked up about it? lol. did you read your respond just now? what you continue to ignore is that we already know that some people don't have the ability to tell the difference, we've already established that. yet you continue to say things like "That's because you can't really tell the difference. Not even when you play the game."

which is where your agenda reeks right in. the truth is that you haven't played any of these games (or an 1080p one) with the proper setup (so you can do a side-by-side comparison) and yet you are so willing to talk about how it doesn't matter. heck, all you have to do is play a PC game at 720p and then switch it to 1080p to see the differences.

at the same time, you don't need a reason to talk about advantages about the Xbox that not only aren't there, you don't have knowledge about them either.

@F34R, let me reiterate. it's much more difficult to tell the difference in something that is not only captured (regardless of it being uncompressed), which first of all, i haven't seen unless you're on hulu/netflix, which is still not true 1080p, but also something that everyone is going to be looking at from their monitor. it's going to be very difficult to see the differences. the only thing you can do is have a proper setup and watch the two versions at different resolutions on a big screen and report your findings, which I can't possibly entrust Sub with lol.
    Ok, so what is it? Are there differences that are noticeable or not? I mean, I can spend the money, look at it and tell you how it looks between the two. If that is necessary, I'll do it.

Capturing the footage isn't going to change what you'll see on a tv. You'll just have to play it back on a tv, via a media player. Do you have the game on the PS4? If someone does, then I'll gladly go buy the game, capture it, upload the Xbox One footage, uncompressed @30+Mb/s bitrate, and you can play that back after downloading it. Then you can put it side by side via tv's, and look at it like that.

Alrighty, out the door.. will be back in a little bit.

Forum Sage

Wow. So now you know what type of set up I viewed the games on... Lol unbelievable. Im sure that reviewer from game informer didn't gave a " proper setup" either .

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 01:39.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    I've seen it on both consoles. One version looks like $#@!, the other looks like high resolution $#@!.

You know what they say about polishing a turd...

Thread Information