Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok, so what is it? Are there differences that are noticeable or not? I mean, I can spend the money, look at it and tell you how it looks between the two. If that is necessary, I'll do it.
    Being noticeable or not is dependent on you. Can you spot differences between 480p and 720p? The difference between 720p and 1080p is the same, just that you need a relatively bigger TV to notice it more.

Capturing the footage isn't going to change what you'll see on a tv. You'll just have to play it back on a tv, via a media player. Do you have the game on the PS4? If someone does, then I'll gladly go buy the game, capture it, upload the Xbox One footage, uncompressed @30+Mb/s bitrate, and you can play that back after downloading it. Then you can put it side by side via tv's, and look at it like that.

Alrighty, out the door.. will be back in a little bit.
    yes, you can do that but like i said, i have yet to see a video even that i've downloaded from PSN store (claiming 1080p) looks nowhere near as good as the real thing. but i suppose it would be fair as long as both are a decent bit rate about similar to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Wow. So now I you know what type of set up I viewed the games on... Lol unbelievable.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    yeah because you said so. lol duh.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I've seen it on both consoles. One version looks like $#@!, the other looks like high resolution $#@!.

You know what they say about polishing a turd...
    As Sufi would say, "that's bogus"...lol no way you could tell that just by looking at it.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    As Sufi would say, "that's bogus"...lol no way you could tell that just by looking at it.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    well, the difference here is that you don't have the capability regardless. there's no way around that. some people would need a better setup to tell. i've only been saying it repeatedly.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I've seen it on both consoles. One version looks like $#@!, the other looks like high resolution $#@!.

You know what they say about polishing a turd...
    LOL. Thats was kind of what I was going for with my earlier post.

Forum Elder
    I have never seen a video on the net do these consoles justice, they look so much better in person. And there is a graphical difference in these games, not ps3 to ps4 difference but it's there. Is it enough to detract from the experience, he'll no.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    WiiU CPU gets decimated by the ones in the next gen consoles in virtually everything.. It has 32MB of Edram (not Esram) which has decent bandwidth. Also has a boat load of other side processors (mostly ARM cores) for OS and background tasks.

From a flop perspective, the difference (raw numbers, not accounting for any overhead voodoo) is 1TF roughly between the Xbone and WiiU if my math here\numbers are right. Difference between PS4 and Xbone is 840 flops.

So the GPU gap from a flop perspective is almost, but not quite, as big. Before the Xbone GPU upclock, it would have been much closer.

Kind of pathetic, really.

Note: I haven't given this anything more than a slight glance and am using very lazy comparison methods here (just the flops).

From what I'm reading, the 360 CPU is possibly more powerful than the WiiU's? Anybody confirm or deny this?

I'm also not getting solid bandwidth figures for the WiiU Edram. I'm seeing 144GB\s at the moment.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm otw home with it.

Forum Overseer
    I'm otw home with it.
    you now own 3 copies of COD: Ghosts? nice

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you now own 3 copies of COD: Ghosts? nice
    Yeah, it's pretty pathetic lol.

11. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    When you're done with it... Send it my way.

(PS4 version gets played now, X1 version only March or April)

Thanks, appreciate it

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The only thing I could tell the difference was the sharpness. Other than that, they were identical. That's all I could do. I tried to pay attention to as much detail as possible.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Oh no...believe me, I know $#@! when I see it

Forum Sage
    The only thing I could tell the difference was the sharpness. Other than that, they were identical. That's all I could do. I tried to pay attention to as much detail as possible.
    Yea, i know. I see that and other games played in our company rec room on both consoles on a daily basis. Not a lot of differences.

well, the difference here is that you don't have the capability regardless. there's no way around that. some people would need a better setup to tell. i've only been saying it repeatedly.
    uh huh,yea right. Now go ahead and tell Fear how his comparison is totally bogus like you said about the game informer verdict....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 05:46.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    The only thing I could tell the difference was the sharpness. Other than that, they were identical.
    I thought that's what the difference is meant to be between 1080p native and 720p upscaled, it's going to be sharper?

Over the Christmas period me and my bro have been doing afew comparisons as he also has an xbone. We've had COD on both platforms on a 120" projector and the difference is easily noticeable as it is on the 40" Tv we tried after, switching inputs with both loaded at the same time.

However, the framerate online for PS4 at times can be an absolute bag of $#@! when a smoke grenade goes off with afew other things happening at once for example. It's last afew seconds and really puts a downer on things.

Next time he comes over I'll get him to bring it round again and run the same setup and get some shots, in my opinion though, PS4 BF4 has a bigger step up in graphic fidelity than what COD shows between the PS4/xbone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    that's it. if there's a difference in "details", that would have to be intended and has nothing to do with resolution. like i was saying earlier, resolution means sharpness, you're seeing more of what's there. if you had a 70" like my friend does, you would totally see why 1080p is practically a requirement.
    Yea, i know. I see that and other games played in our company rec room on both consoles on a daily basis. Not a lot of differences.

uh huh,yea right. Now go ahead and tell Fear how his comparison is totally bogus like you said about the game informer verdict....lol
    lol you obviously don't get it.

18. Likes Justin likes this post
    Forum Sage
    that's it. if there's a difference in "details", that would have to be intended and has nothing to do with resolution. like i was saying earlier, resolution means sharpness, you're seeing more of what's there. if you had a 70" like my friend does, you would totally see why 1080p is practically a requirement.

No, i got it. Now, Fear's comparison is just bogus because he needs to get a 70" tv to see why 108op is a requirement...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 14:54.

Forum Overseer
    No, i got it. Now, Fear's comparison is just bogus because he needs to get a 70" tv to see why 108op is a requirement...lol
    you seriously don't get it lol. wow, thank you for wasting my time. it's like trying to teach KG college calculus.

with a 70", it would be a lot "more" apparent. i'm sure he was using a "relatively" big screen TV because I had mentioned to him a couple of times that this would make it "more" apparent than a "monitor" or a big screen from "afar" where resolution differences are not noticeable at all. obviously, you wouldn't know that because, you do not understand these things.

the bigger the size of a TV, the more the resolution is relevant. if you're going to game on a 32" screen, you won't see the difference unless you were sitting very close 3-5 feet. if you were gaming on something like 40+ to 50, you would still need to sit fairly close to see it but you would notice it more than you did on the 32". with a 70" screen, I reckon you could be 10 feet away and you would notice the difference...even if you were a casual or someone who just can't see it. you need the proper setup to see these differences.

F34R saw the difference because, as i mentioned earlier, i assume that he has a big screen TV (doesn't have to be 70", again, you shots missed), he just needs to be close enough to tell the difference. If he was sitting about 6-10 feet away or more, and saw the difference with say a 55" TV then that's pretty good, he must have a good eye for it. Though the next thing i was going to ask him was how big the TV was and how far he was from it. those things also matter.

he would see that it is a much bigger deal if he were watching it on a big screen or if, like me and many other hardcore gamers that care about resolution, sat close to the TV and prefer sharpness over blurriness, especially in competitive shooter games where you need to look at long distances constantly.

again, i know this is all going to go over your head but this is to demonstrate how little your knowledge is compared to some others here but like i said, that faith is strong with you and it will get you through these hurdles.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It depends how close you sit. Its easy noticible on a 24 inch computer monitor with about 15 inches from the screen.
    Thats about how far I am from my PC monitor now. I might lean in closer if playing an FPS game.

22. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It depends how close you sit. Its easy noticible on a computer monitor with about 15 inches from the screen.
    Thats about how far I am from my PC monitor now.
    be careful, you have said too much!

Forum Elder

Very true statement on the 70. I went from my 42" in my room and took my ps4 downstairs to my 70 and it was a major difference. I was thinking I want 4K after seeing it that big.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

25. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Very true statement on the 70. I went from my 42" in my room and took my ps4 downstairs to my 70 and it was a major difference. I was thinking I want 4K after seeing it that big.

exactly, which is why i will say that 4K will eventually become a norm, that is if it is a norm that people are getting bigger TVs as we go further down the road...which anecdotal evidence shows me that it may be true as my cousin who is a complete casual and doesn't even play games, has a 40+ inch TV and they're becoming more common.

I think 8K will be a sweet spot for hardcores and casuals will eventually be fine with 4K...speaking about in the next 10+ years. i can't imagine going further than 8K though.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It depends how close you sit. Its easy noticible on a 24 inch computer monitor with about 15 inches from the screen.
    Thats about how far I am from my PC monitor now. I might lean in closer if playing an FPS game.
    Regardless of how close or far you are from the screen, the differences are still not huge. Realistically, most people don't play that close to a screen. They definitely don't for consoles.

be careful, you have said too much!
    lol.. he is probably right. The difference is that i'm not calling his experience bogus.

Basically what Fear said is what it boils down to for some people. The two versions are close and it can be difficult to spot the differences.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 17:01.

Forum Overseer
    Regardless of how close or far you are from the screen, the differences are still not huge. Realistically, most people don't play that close to a screen. They definitely don't for consoles.

lol.. he is probably right. The difference is that i'm not calling his experience bogus.

Basically what Fear said is what it boils down to for some people. The two versions are close and it can be difficult to spot the differences.

29. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    lol...Yea, i know sufi. That basically proves you have nothing more. I'm still waiting for you to tellFear how he is wrong and he needs another tv.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I can't see what's so difficult to understand here. Virtually no difference, slight difference, minor differences, abit sharper etc means that there is a difference and 1 looks better. If people want the best looking version (PC aside) then PS4 is the one to go for.
    We can go round in circles here (having read back it seems that's the case) so I don't know if it's some kind of denial but the bottom line is the PS4 looks better native 1080p over xbone at 720p upscaled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32. Likes Justin , mistercrow, Captncoke49 likes this post

Thread Information