Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    And as for viewing distances, I've just measured and for me I sit 2.5ft from 40" at a PC desk and 10.5ft from 120" projector. Differences noticeable on both displays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...Yea, i know sufi. That basically proves you have nothing more. I'm still waiting for you to tellFear how he is wrong and he needs another tv.
    lol really? no no no it's because it's so ridiculous at this point that i can't help but reply with a gif. apparently, you still don't get it F34R "WAS" RIGHT. just that you and F34R don't know that resolution just means that, sharpness, not details...and it's fair at this point because i had already said that it's about sharpness...multiple times so we should all be on the same page...which you aren't in any regards, at least F34R is almost there. Want me to show you? ok:

Regardless of how close or far you are from the screen, the differences are still not huge. Realistically, most people don't play that close to a screen. They definitely don't for consoles.
    casuals, we already know that. we don't care. again, we're talking about if there is a difference.

lol.. he is probably right. The difference is that i'm not calling his experience bogus.
    why would i call his experience bogus? i didn't say that you can't see the difference on a monitor in general. I said that you can't if you are watching a video, Keefy is talking about an actual game he was playing. also he likely is not a casual and has the capability to tell the differences.

when i said that you'd need a bigger TV to see it, it's for those that can't tell or don't get the concept. it's "more" apparent when you're on a bigger screen. but no, please continue with your insight.

Basically what Fear said is what it boils down to for some people. The two versions are close and it can be difficult to spot the differences.
    lol, F34R is talking about details, we're not talking about details, which isn't even what the argument is about, lol please stop with this insanity. it's too much entertainment for today, we need some for the new year!

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    This thread has been very entertaining while at work bored today. Great job guys!

8 years and counting!

5. Likes GazzaGSi, Omar likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

lol, F34R is talking about details, we're not talking about details, which isn't even what the argument is about, lol please stop with this insanity. it's too much entertainment for today, we need some for the new year!
    Lol... Now this is about details. Fear experience was just for $#@!s and giggles.. Too much, dude.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Lol... Now this is about details. Fear experience was just for $#@!s and giggles. Too much, dude. And it's all over COD.. Hilarious.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    This thread has been very entertaining while at work bored today. Great job guys!
    indeed. Be careful though. He may try to convince you that you aren't bored at work and you are confused about where you are . If you disagree , you just don't get it....lol

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Lol... Now this is about details. Fear experience was just for $#@!s and giggles.. Too much, dude.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    lol. no you said details, F34R said details, I'm saying it's not about details.

and i also find it funny that you seriously thought that Justin was being entertained by my knowledge (or lack thereof according to you ). Don't change dude, you are the reason i keep coming back to this place <3

9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol. no you said details, F34R said details, I'm saying it's not about details.

and i also find it funny that you seriously thought that Justin was being entertained by my knowledge (or lack thereof according to you ). Don't change dude, you are the reason i keep coming back to this place <3

Oh, now i get it. Its not about the details. Its about whatever you want it to be. Fear and that reviewer just don't understand. They're just seeing wrong with their eyes. They just don't have the "capability" as you would say...lol

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    And as for viewing distances, I've just measured and for me I sit 2.5ft from 40" at a PC desk and 10.5ft from 120" projector. Differences noticeable on both displays.

I have no reason to doubt that. I can't say what you do or don't see. if you say its noticeable to you in that setup, then i believe it. I'm not gonna say it's bogus, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 23:44.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Can ya'll leave me out of the bickering please? A response isn't necessary , I'm just asking for a little courtesy here.

12. Likes Riptide_Warrior likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Oh, now i get it. Its not about the details. Its about whatever you want it to be. Fear and that reviewer just don't understand. They're just seeing wrong with their eyes. They just don't have the "capability" as you would say...lol
    sub, there's a difference between details and sharpness. Details have to do with textures, whereas sharpness has to do with resolution. if you don't know the difference i'm not going to sit here and give you over-the-internet lessons. please go learn it yourself or at least research into it before you blindly argue about it.

show me one spot where i said that it was about details? in fact, when the word details came in this thread, i explained that resolution is about seeing details better, not "adding" more details, it's about seeing more of what's already there.

download a demo on your PC of any game. put it on 1080p, don't change any "details", then choose 720p or anything lower like 900p, then move down to 480p or whatever is the lowest or close to lowest and you will see what resolution does. it doesn't add or subtract details, it just makes the details more clear/sharp. at this point you're just boring me with repetitiveness.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Sony give me a patch to make CoD 720p so we have a guaranteed 60 fps.
    60FPS is always > 1080p in any shooter and or online game.
    I agree with this 100% The frame rate lag in ghosts(ps4) is unforgivable in my opinion. It's nice to have a prettier picture to look at but when that picture is moving I want the movement to be seamless. I haven't tried ghosts on Xbox 1 but I would love to see a side by side comparison of online play

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    I agree with this 100% The frame rate lag in ghosts(ps4) is unforgivable in my opinion. It's nice to have a prettier picture to look at but when that picture is moving I want the movement to be seamless. I haven't tried ghosts on Xbox 1 but I would love to see a side by side comparison of online play
    Have you played it since the patch? I bought it post patch and it runs just fine. Also the original framerate judder was because COD was running over 60fps on PS4 not under it. Google it if you dont believe me. I dont have copy and paste to post a link or I would have.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-04-2014 at 23:32.

Veteran

COD : Ghosts Res Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Have you played it since the patch? I bought it post patch and it runs just fine. Also the original framerate judder was because COD was running over 60fps on PS4 not under it. Google it if you dont believe me. I dont have copy and paste to post a link or I would have.
    Odd. I was playing non stop pretty much during the double xp last weekend and suffered the frame rate issue on PS4, even when nothing hectic was happening. Most often than not the issue occurred when capturing the first point in domination with the majority of the team and then once we went to move from the capture point the game virtually went unplayable for afew seconds. The frame rate issue hasn't been fixed.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Odd. I was playing non stop pretty much during the double xp last weekend and suffered the frame rate issue on PS4, even when nothing hectic was happening. Most often than not the issue occurred when capturing the first point in domination with the majority of the team and then once we went to move from the capture point the game virtually went unplayable for afew seconds. The frame rate issue hasn't been fixed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I haven't experienced it at all so I dont what to tell you.The framerate appears to be fixed from my experience. Sorry about yours. I haven't had any issues like youre describing. Maybe it was your connection. Maybe it was just server load due to double xp weekend which I read had more playing Ghosts on PS4 than any other time ever.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-05-2014 at 00:16.

Veteran
    Well I haven't experienced it at all so I dont what to tell you.The framerate appears to be fixed from my experience. Sorry about yours.
    I'll delete my game data and try a fresh install/update.

I wish I hadn't of deleted my latest COD share clip as I could have shown you what happened (I deleted the clip because the frame rate issue spoiled it). I never played pre patch so maybe I'm experiencing something else as I don't have any experience with it pre patch.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll delete my game data and try a fresh install/update. I wish I hadn't of deleted my latest COD share clip as I could have shown you what happened (I deleted the clip because the frame rate issue spoiled it). I never played pre patch so maybe I'm experiencing something else as I don't have any experience with it pre patch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, I'm not doubting what happened to you at all. Could be server load due to double xp weekend which I read had more people playing Ghosts on PS4 than any other time. Although I played that weekend too and no issues. I was mostly playing safeguard online in squad mode. Plus what you and I are discussing right now (online multiplayer) would pertain more to PSN network performance or developer net code not PS4 hardware performance. But I would guess server load especially since it was double xp weekend when that happened to you.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-05-2014 at 00:38.

Veteran

COD : Ghosts Res Comparison

Oh yeah, I'm not doubting what happened to you at all. Could be server load due to double xp weekend which I read had more people playing Ghosts on PS4 than any other time. Although I played that weekend too and no issues. I was mostly playing safeguard online in squad mode. Plus what you and I are discussing right now (online multiplayer) would pertain more to PSN network performance or developer net code not PS4 hardware performance. But I would guess server load especially since it was double xp weekend.
    Was ground war domination too so 18 players. Hopefully it was just server load or something as during the 10 or so hours I put in that weekend it probably happened a dozen or so times.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Was ground war domination too so 18 players. Hopefully it was just server load or something as during the 10 or so hours I put in that weekend it probably happened a dozen or so times. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah safeguard had only 6 or 7 players per session average so maybe thats why I didnt get hit with the server load issue. lol But I'm totally addicted to it.

Veteran
    Yeah safeguard had only 6 or 7 players per session average so maybe thats why I didnt get hit with the server load issue. lol
    I really need to get round to trying that, you spoke well of the game mode in the other thread but still not given it a blast.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I really need to get round to trying that, you spoke well of the game mode in the other thread but still not given it a blast. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm hopelessly addicted to it. And most sessions I've been in had great teamwork. Reviving team mates is key to surviving. One session we were all hunkered down in this small building as the final assault waves came and it got pretty crazy. lol Enemies coming through the door gun blasts, explosions, etc. It was awesome and we got the victory.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-05-2014 at 00:52.

Veteran
    Sounds good, need to give some of these new game modes a try rather than always just sticking to the traditional stuff like Deathmatch, Domination etc

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sounds good, need to give some of these new game modes a try rather than always just sticking to the traditional stuff like Deathmatch, Domination etc Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep exactly. I think you'll like it.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    I think that safeguard is part of Squads mode is it not? I haven't tried it yet but that is because I hate playing with bots- to me it defeats the purpose of multiplayer- which is the only thing about call of duty that I really am attracted to post-cod4. The worst frame skipping that I have experienced comes from playing on Stonehaven, my clan and I mostly play domination so I have little to no experience with the other game modes at this time but that will be changing very soon

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can ya'll leave me out of the bickering please? A response isn't necessary , I'm just asking for a little courtesy here.
    You know F34R I really respect the way you conduct yourself on here- I just wish other people would emulate that behaviour (shaking my head). If people only realised that they diminish their own credibility when they use improper decorum(or none at all). It is possible to have a debate without becoming personally involved or to act sanctimonious as if they were above reproach. Kind of like how I sound right now

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    I think that safeguard is part of Squads mode is it not? I haven't tried it yet but that is because I hate playing with bots- to me it defeats the purpose of multiplayer- which is the only thing about call of duty that I really am attracted to post-cod4. The worst frame skipping that I have experienced comes from playing on Stonehaven, my clan and I mostly play domination so I have little to no experience with the other game modes at this time but that will be changing very soon
    The enemies are bots but your team mates are real people so it doesnt defeat the purpose of anything. Its like playing horde mode on Gears. Its still online MP and alot of fun.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-05-2014 at 05:24.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    I understand that- I may have to re-download it or something? I assumed the patch was downloaded automatically- CoD had always been my fall back game that I play when other games make me sleepy- the action never ceases to keep me going in that game. That said I have had connection lag once or twice in the game and it was horrific- I can definitely tell when the frame rate is skipping versus when my internet is bungling it up- thank gawd the internet lag is extremely rare because it is the worst lag I have ever experienced in my life- I followed one person down the tunnel in the bunker in overlord shooting directly at him the entire time- my friend happened to be there at the time and she asked: "what's going on? why is he still alive?" My reaction was: "yeah.... idk what to tell ya" It was very validating to have someone there to see how terrible it was- If I could I would have twitched it to show everyone.

Thread Information