PS4 - (1920 x 1080)

Now if we do the math for pixel total -

Wii U/X360/PS3 - 633600 pixels
    Xbone - 921600 pixels
    PS4 - 2073600 pixels

So the difference between each are -

PS4 -> Xbone = 1152000 pixels
    Xbone -> Wii U/X360/PS3 = 288000 pixels

Which as you can see the difference is quite large in the PS4 favour Vs last gen machines+Wii U. (Almost a million pixels in difference)

Wii U would no doubt be held back by 360&PS3 making the pixel difference between it and Xbone even smaller again.

So wouldn't this all mean that the Wii U is actually much closer in power to the Xbone than Xbone is to PS4? (And not just by a little)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh.. it doesn't matter how many pixels. It matters what they do with them.

3. Likes Riptide_Warrior, Kwes , Bitbydeath likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Thats just something that those with less pixels say. lol

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post

...So wouldn't this all mean that the Wii U is actually much closer in power to the Xbone than Xbone is to PS4?

(And not just by a little)
    Hmmm.....The WiiU...If we go with the balanced/unbalanced stream of thought, the WiiU could be considered very unbalanced with its lesser amount of ram and bandwidth. The X1 at the very least has cpu parity with the ps4 and the same gen GPU, the WiiU is way behind in CPU and a couple gens behind GPU wise.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Hmmm.....The WiiU...If we go with the balanced/unbalanced stream of thought, the WiiU could be considered very unbalanced with its lesser amount of ram and bandwidth. The X1 at the very least has cpu parity with the ps4 and the same gen GPU, the WiiU is way behind in CPU and a couple gens behind GPU wise.
    Yea, but once you consider everything which holds back the Xbox like snap, kinect, 3 OS's and ESRAM it brings the hardware down, where as the Wii U is more straight forward in just putting its power towards the games.

I dunno, I just find it strange that something like Bayonetta 2 can be 1080P, 60FPS on Wii U, yet Xbox can't even get a simple fighter like Killer Instinct above 720p.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats just something that those with less pixels say. lol
    Kind of like "It's better to die happy than rich." It's just silly $#@! we tell poor people to keep them from rioting.

8. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Pixels don't mean $#@! in my eyes. It matters how good the game is, if they weigh all the importance of graphics, chances are, I for one would not be purchasing it for the eye candy.

Games like Goldeneye prove that amazing graphics do not make an amazing game. Just my two cents. So for now, I'm fine with my 633600 pixels..
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    $#@! YEAH1 SUCK MY $#@! XBOX LOOOOOOOOSERS! PS QAUDROOOPLE IN DIS $#@!!!

lol /satire

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Sony give me a patch to make CoD 720p so we have a guaranteed 60 fps.
    60FPS is always > 1080p in any shooter and or online game.

12. Likes Riptide_Warrior likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    that's what she said...wait does that even make sense?

Well here's my take on call of duty ghost for both systems being that I own both.

The increased resolution on the PlayStation 4 is immediately noticeable. But so are the frame rate drops on the PlayStation 4. The frame rate drops are so significant that I'm betting it dips to as low as 20-30 frames on PS4 and it will affect your game play(Aiming). These frame rate drops are very frequent, almost every online match regardless of connection. The increased resolution on the PS4 allows me to spot enemies at not only longer distances but enemies who appear to be hiding in the environment.

The Xbox one version is definitely an "uglier" version without a doubt. Textures and fine details in the environment appear blurry. The gameplay on the other hand, experiences absolutely no frame rate slow down even in the most intense battle situations. This is a perfect example of a give and take situation.

Although I love being able to see my enemies far away and hiding within the environment, I have to choose my engagements due to the inevitable slowdown that will occur in certain parts of the maps on PS4. On Xbox one I also have to choose my engagements carefully because I may not see my enemies until it's too late.

Nucleus

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    didn't they already patch this problem now? Either they patched it already or they are going to patch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    didn't they already patch this problem now? Either they patched it already or they are going to patch it.
    If they do the the PS4 version will win hands down I'm my opinion.

Nucleus

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    uhh no they did not patch it, it still happens once in awhile. although ive never been in an engagement when it happens....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidGame View Post
    Well here's my take on call of duty ghost for both systems being that I own both.

The increased resolution on the PlayStation 4 is immediately noticeable. But so are the frame rate drops on the PlayStation 4. The frame rate drops are so significant that I'm betting it dips to as low as 20-30 frames on PS4 and it will affect your game play(Aiming). These frame rate drops are very frequent, almost every online match regardless of connection. The increased resolution on the PS4 allows me to spot enemies at not only longer distances but enemies who appear to be hiding in the environment.

The Xbox one version is definitely an "uglier" version without a doubt. Textures and fine details in the environment appear blurry. The gameplay on the other hand, experiences absolutely no frame rate slow down even in the most intense battle situations. This is a perfect example of a give and take situation.

Although I love being able to see my enemies far away and hiding within the environment, I have to choose my engagements due to the inevitable slowdown that will occur in certain parts of the maps on PS4. On Xbox one I also have to choose my engagements carefully because I may not see my enemies until it's too late.

Nucleus
    See...are you talking about frame drops in multiplayer or in the campaign? I played the whole campaign and never noticed ANY frame drops or hitches. Ran like smooth butter. I agree though, the resolution difference between the XB1 and PS4 versions are definitely noticeable. I just have had to think that people are very much exaggerating the frame rate issues, since I've seen none. Of course, I know it's quite possible that some people ARE seeing issues- just saying that I didn't.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Oh, one more thing. In past game plays of the Call of Duty series, on BOTH Xbox 360 and PS3, I ALWAYS noticed some slowdowns or hitches. Definitely more on the PS3 side but on both for sure. It NEVER hindered me from playing the game. I think that's silly. I think maybe once or twice at MAX it impacted me during multiplayer. I seem to recall during a few HUGE explosions where I was trying to draw a bead on someone else and just kind of magically got killed even though they were facing away from me at the time (at least from my perspective) so I assume the slowdown or network lag got me. But again, haven't seen this on the PS4 campaign at all. Haven't been in multiplayer enough to be certain there.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    See...are you talking about frame drops in multiplayer or in the campaign? I played the whole campaign and never noticed ANY frame drops or hitches. Ran like smooth butter. I agree though, the resolution difference between the XB1 and PS4 versions are definitely noticeable. I just have had to think that people are very much exaggerating the frame rate issues, since I've seen none. Of course, I know it's quite possible that some people ARE seeing issues- just saying that I didn't.
    I notice the slowdown in multiplayer. I haven't played campaign yet. I'm saving that for a crappy internet day.

Nucleus

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post
    Pixels don't mean $#@! in my eyes. It matters how good the game is, if they weigh all the importance of graphics, chances are, I for one would not be purchasing it for the eye candy.

Games like Goldeneye prove that amazing graphics do not make an amazing game. Just my two cents. So for now, I'm fine with my 633600 pixels..
    what you guys are saying is not relevant. we're not talking about two games, where one has a lower resolution but is better (to you or in general) than the one that has a higher resolution.

we're talking about two identical games with one hell of a less blurry than the other one. i can't fathom anyone enjoying 720p. i was dreading that $#@! back in 2011 when BF3 came out. it's just not acceptable anymore. not unless you have a puny HDTV.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what you guys are saying is not relevant. we're not talking about two games, where one has a lower resolution but is better (to you or in general) than the one that has a higher resolution.

we're talking about two identical games with one hell of a less blurry than the other one. i can't fathom anyone enjoying 720p. i was dreading that $#@! back in 2011 when BF3 came out. it's just not acceptable anymore. not unless you have a puny HDTV.
    My comment is merely talking about what is done with the pixels being shown. If it's 720p, and looks kick ass, I don't care that it's 720p.

Specifically in this case though, yes, the PS4 wins out hands down in that aspect. What is done with the 1080p pixels is better than what is done with the 720p pixels. Consequently, I've purchased it on the PS4.

Forum Overseer
    My comment is merely talking about what is done with the pixels being shown. If it's 720p, and looks kick ass, I don't care that it's 720p.

Specifically in this case though, yes, the PS4 wins out hands down in that aspect. What is done with the 1080p pixels is better than what is done with the 720p pixels. Consequently, I've purchased it on the PS4.
    of course, i'd rather have a much better looking game in 720p than a crappy one in 1080p...but i guess it depends on if the game looks sharp enough.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I am surprised there are no screenshot comparisons in here yet. I am disappointed.....

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I am surprised there are no screenshot comparisons in here yet. I am disappointed.....
    That's because you can't really tell the difference. Not even when you play the game.

Forum Overseer
    screenshots will definitely be able to tell a better story over these compressed videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's because you can't really tell the difference. Not even when you play the game.
    lol ok bud.

27. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It looks decidedly average at best. COD has not been known for great graphics since COD 2.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    DF has screenshots and they definitely could see the difference in their Face Off.

Thread Information