Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Project CARS Now Headed to PS4

I know this story has been reported on the main page but is anyone else syked about this game? Here's what IGN had to say:

Need for Speed Shift developer Slightly Mad Studios has announced that its crowd-funded racing title Project CARS will now be coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Steam OS in 2014.

“Project CARS has always led the pack in terms of insane detail,” said head of studio Ian Bell in a statement. “Whether that’s graphically in the craftsmanship of our cars and tracks, technically in the way we’ve approached weather and time of day, or emotionally in how each car feels and responds to your touch.”

“These powerful new platforms allow us therefore to not compromise on the quality of our vision and ultimately that means players are going to experience something truly breathtaking when they get behind the wheel.”

Project CARS will be available for the PS4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC, and Wii U later next year. Versions for Xbox 360 and PS3 are no longer mentioned.

“Tens of thousands” of fans have already been playing in-development builds of Project CARS on PC as Slightly Mad Studios works towards the finished project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6X2Q6xFSF4#t=0
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Yawn.

Project Cars is an overrated "next gen" tech demo that strives solely on car models. Everything but the car models looks like $#@!, I'm sorry.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Yawn.

Project Cars is an overrated "next gen" tech demo that strives solely on car models. Everything but the car models looks like $#@!, I'm sorry.
    That's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as a massive fan of racing games I just think it looks interesting!

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think it looks like one of the better racers out there. And it sounds decent as well, an area GT has always sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I think it looks like one of the better racers out there. And it sounds decent as well, an area GT has always sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
    It was originally going to be a PS3/360 title but looks like they have changed their minds, good idea to put it on next gen instead IMO!

They say they will patch the engine sounds in GT6, let's hope they include it when the produce the next one for the PS4!

Forum Sage
    Yeah I think they were covering all platforms. I've been keeping a close eye on the PC version which looks amazing. The physics don't look as good as iRacing but otherwise it looks amazing. I've been trying to get into the beta but I've had no luck

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Project Cars is an overrated "next gen" tech demo that strives solely on car models.
    You sir have NO idea! I've been playing the game since v0.027, back then it was just 1 track and 2 cars available, that was it. Now there's loads of cars, loads of tracks, the graphics are amazing and better yet the car physics actually are pretty accurate and with an updated tyre model (something that iRacing has yet to update). Every four weeks the game goes through a major physics testing period from people to actual real-world racing drivers to get the cars running as realistic as possible, Assetto Corsa and iRacing both do this.

There are still an awful lot to do before the end of next year but the change from back then to now (at v0.603) is unbelievable.

If you're not in the Alpha or Beta process then please don't even comment on something like that as you don't have a clue what's happening.

And yes I'm being defensive!

8. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

This game is definitely on my radar. It looks absolutely stunning. GT may have a true competitor now and that will be a good thing.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    This game is definitely on my radar. It looks absolutely stunning. GT may have a true competitor now and that will be a good thing.
    Can't wait for the final build, they even have F1 cars in the game, old and new!

generic car game

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Been playing it too and Varsh is spot on. Can't wait to see what they do with it on the ps4.

Thread Information