Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I agree that it sucks. I'm actually curious. Will Kinect 2.0 need to be connected to the XO for the patch to work? As far as I'm aware the patch also disables mandatory Kinect right? That is a bit of a pain in the ass. Was hoping I'd never need to unwrap Kinect.
    Thats a really good question. Never thought of that.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    F34R said he would lose the bet if he has to connect his Xbox One to the internet to play games. So technically, he loses the bet, but I was referring to the policies Microsoft had in place when they first announced the Xbox One.

When the Xbox One was announced, they said an internet connection was required. F34R refused to believe it. It was true, but Microsoft ended up changing their policies.

Now only the launch consoles will require an internet connection for this patch.
    So I guess he's canceling his preorder. Good times!

This is quite ridiculous to be honest. It's BS that you have to patch both systems for basic features.

Forum Sage

The article also mentions a few other features that are added. So without the update the console is going to be pretty bare-bones.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    F34R said he would lose the bet if he has to connect his Xbox One to the internet to play games. So technically, he loses the bet, but I was referring to the policies Microsoft had in place when they first announced the Xbox One.

When the Xbox One was announced, they said an internet connection was required. F34R refused to believe it. It was true, but Microsoft ended up changing their policies.

Now only the launch consoles will require an internet connection for this patch.
    I'm still betting that I don't have to connect my Xbox One.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The bet is kind of pointless now though, since Microsoft changed their policies. I was talking about the policies Microsoft set out back then. Microsoft was going to require an internet connection. But that's obviously changed now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The bet is kind of pointless now though, since Microsoft changed their policies. I was talking about the policies Microsoft set out back then. Microsoft was going to require an internet connection. But that's obviously changed now.
    I know, and that was the entire concept of what I was betting. So, I never lost a bet. You're right though, it is kinda pointless now.

Forum Sage

Loophole!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    A good reminder of how bad the decision was.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    That sucks for those without a connection or a viable one.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Sage

Joking or serious? If serious, how?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Joking or serious? If serious, how?
    I'll download the update with my PC to a thumb drive.

Master Sage
    dat loophole

It's going to suck for those without access to download the firmware. I can't imagine the day 1 buyers not having the internet though. then they'll start shipping the fw update on game disc.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-09-2013 at 00:09.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    dat loophole

It's going to suck for those without access to download the firmware. I can't imagine the day 1 buyers not having the internet though. then they'll start shipping the fw update on game disc.
    Eh beta tested in the future...They knew what they were signing up for

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage

I'll download the update with my PC to a thumb drive.
    haha, was expecting you to say that but very well....that does not require you to connect the Xbox One.

15. Likes F34R likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    If ms was smart they would put this update on game discs .sony put few updates on there ps3 game discs

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    haha, was expecting you to say that but very well....that does not require you to connect the Xbox One.
    Yeah, I'll be up $#@! creek without a paddle if that download isn't available via the web lol.

18. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    If ms was smart they would put this update on game discs .sony put few updates on there ps3 game discs
    Normally, the games do have updates on them. Games are being pressed already, and have been for a little bit ago. The final firmware probably isn't even done. No way to really put the day 1 patch on a pressed disc a month ago.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Normally, the games do have updates on them. Games are being pressed already, and have been for a little bit ago. The final firmware probably isn't even done. No way to really put the day 1 patch on a pressed disc a month ago.
    Well we know Forza wont have it

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Overseer
    ok guys, we all know this is not useless news, this is about the bet that was set months ago.

F34R, if you remember, (and if I recall correctly), you did say more along on the lines of that you wouldn't need a patch to play SP games...you didn't exactly say that you'd have to "download" it or not.

so you still lose because you would need a patch in order to play the game, whether you download from PC or the console

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ok guys, we all know this is not useless news, this is about the bet that was set months ago.

F34R, if you remember, (and if I recall correctly), you did say more along on the lines of that you wouldn't need a patch to play SP games...you didn't exactly say that you'd have to "download" it or not.

so you still lose because you would need a patch in order to play the game, whether you download from PC or the console
    The only bet I made was that the Xbox One wasn't going to be required to be online. I never bet the Xbox One wouldn't need a patch.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

The bet is pointless, since Microsoft changed their policies. We were arguing over what Microsoft laid out at the time. I WAS right at the time. But now things are different.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Furthermore, the day one patch isn't to remove online requirement. So... The always on isn't relevant to the day one patch.

Forum Sage

Furthermore, the day one patch isn't to remove online requirement. So... The always on isn't relevant to the day one patch.
    Well, the online requirement probably has something to do with it since being able to play offline indefinitely was part of the reason Microsoft was getting so much backlash (with their initial direction.)

This update enables offline gameplay for games (they aren't really giving any specifics so it's hard to say for sure either way.)

Forum Overseer
    yea it's a little "interesting" that offline games can't work without an update. could be that they just had so many changes that the games won't work on that and might actually explain all the hoopla lately.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well, the online requirement probably has something to do with it since being able to play offline indefinitely was part of the reason Microsoft was getting so much backlash (with their initial direction.)

This update enables offline gameplay for games (they aren't really giving any specifics so it's hard to say for sure either way.)
    yea it's a little "interesting" that offline games can't work without an update. could be that they just had so many changes that the games won't work on that and might actually explain all the hoopla lately.
    No. This update doesn't remove DRM, etc.
    "This behaviour is only because we are in pre-release. When we launch, console will work exactly as you expect today on 360," he continued. "For sure this has nothing to do with requiring a connection. There is no "DRM removal" in the Day One update because none of the consoles were ever built with that stuff in it.

Thread Information