Superior Member

Question Will BF4 on PS4 give us selectable player count within server settings?

In the PC BF games you can check boxes within player count in the server settings. 24, 32, 48, 64 and other. I sure hope this is available and we're not forced to play 64 player Conquest servers.

Anyone know?
    Last edited by NotoriousBOB; 11-10-2013 at 19:21.

Veteran
    Yes, filter settings will still be available.

Superior Member
    I kow filter settings will be available. But current gen doesn't offer player count and since we're unable to rent servers for this game yet I suspect we won't get that kind of select-ability. That is unless EA plans on offering 4x the amount of servers....

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    interesting, i don't see why they wouldn't. but you never know :S

Superior Member
    I bring this up as a former PC BF3 player. 64 man servers can be great fun, but sometimes annoying too. Many people jump right into the large mayhem but later find themselves at the 32-48p sweet spot.

Based on news released about two months ago, it seemed that DICE already pre-determined their player count per gametype. The PC community wasn't bothered by this because PC servers have highly detailed server selections.

I'd imagine PS4/X1 version would be a tad watered down especially without server rental available day 1.

The gamble here is will EA decide to provide 4 times the amount of servers to accommodate server count preference or stick to their pre-selected player count based on their play testing.

I suspect the latter but we'll see soon enough.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you have a good point there. i absolutely had no issue playing BF3 at 24 players. but i would love the ability to play more or less.

there were some maps in BF3 that i wish i had the pleasure to play with 63 other players.

as for BF4...most of the maps really aren't that big and i feel like they would be chaotic with 64 players...but i can see it being fun at times too because 24 players seems too low.

so you might be right 32-48 might be the sweet spot depending on the maps. actually, i think the locker room map (or whatever it's called) is actually overkill even at 24 players...that map is just too small!

but yea i'd like it too if they had the option to have limits and filters to find those limited rooms.

Thread Information