Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: PS4 Demo Today

  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    869 (0 Banked)

    PS4 Demo Today

    I played the PS4 today at a Best Buy. I must say it was a little less than I expected but I admit, my graphics hype in my head was off the charts. I played FIFA and Knack. FIFA looked pretty sweet and played very smooth. I'm not sure if it's 1080P 60fps but it really looked good and flowed nicely. I'm not a soccer fan at all but playing the game was quite entertaining. The ball physics and tbe way the AI players moved around was eerily close to what you watch on TV.

    The controller was noticeably more responsive too. Even scrolling through to UI was very snappy.

    I played Knack as well. I came into it pretty skeptical but I had a ton of fun playing the few mins I did today. It's definitely gonna be a Gamefly rent. It looked and felt very smooth as well. Seeing the console there in the glass case was pretty neat as well. It is way smaller than I had in mind. And the camera is crazy small too.

    Overall, I think we're in for one hell of a generation of gaming. It may not be the huge graphical leap that I had in mind but the smoothness, AI, and physics are spot on in what I've seen and played. I do wish Sony would have put together a better demo lineup. It's essential to have a big box game. Either BF4, COD, NBA, or even a mainstream game like Madden would have been welcoming. Either way, it's all good.


    Sent from my 5S using Tapatalk

  2. Likes Kauldron likes this post
  3. #2
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,109
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    6,323 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domination23 View Post
    I played the PS4 today at a Best Buy. I must say it was a little less than I expected but I admit, my graphics hype in my head was off the charts. I played FIFA and Knack. FIFA looked pretty sweet and played very smooth. I'm not sure if it's 1080P 60fps but it really looked good and flowed nicely. I'm not a soccer fan at all but playing the game was quite entertaining. The ball physics and tbe way the AI players moved around was eerily close to what you watch on TV.

    The controller was noticeably more responsive too. Even scrolling through to UI was very snappy.

    I played Knack as well. I came into it pretty skeptical but I had a ton of fun playing the few mins I did today. It's definitely gonna be a Gamefly rent. It looked and felt very smooth as well. Seeing the console there in the glass case was pretty neat as well. It is way smaller than I had in mind. And the camera is crazy small too.

    Overall, I think we're in for one hell of a generation of gaming. It may not be the huge graphical leap that I had in mind but the smoothness, AI, and physics are spot on in what I've seen and played. I do wish Sony would have put together a better demo lineup. It's essential to have a big box game. Either BF4, COD, NBA, or even a mainstream game like Madden would have been welcoming. Either way, it's all good.


    Sent from my 5S using Tapatalk
    We are pretty much in the same boat. I definitely was NOT impressed. I played Knack and FIFA. If you told me those were PS3 games without me knowing any better, I would have believed it.

    The controller does feel better though. It feels like it conforms to your hand.

    I'm still a little reserved until I get my Killzone Shadowfall in hand to completely judge the graphics, but I'm definitely underwhelmed.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  4. #3
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,243
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    43,377 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wouldn't worry too much about the graphics just yet as when PS3 had first come out it didn't seem that big of a leap either because of the monster that was God of War 2.

    Look how far we have come from Resistance (2006) -> Uncharted (2007) -> Metal Gear Solid 4 (200 -> Uncharted 2 (2009) -> God of War 3 (2010) -> Killzone 3 (2011) -> Journey??? (2012) -> Last of Us (2013)

  5. #4
    Apprentice
    on the rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,259 (0 Banked)
    I played the demo at GameStop yesterday and am very disappointed with the selection of games they have decided to use. They need to have some games to wow people like killzone or something.

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If you're a gfx $#@!, you don't necessarily buy launch games. But in saying that I think BF4 and KZ SF will definitely (more on the latter) will be the showcases of the launch era. Plus launch window titles such as infamous SS and shortly after, The Order should do the trick. And that's just exclusives.

    Some 3rd party titles are looking ace as well.

    But yeah, reality check for some peeps I suppose.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  7. #6
    Super Elite
    cpitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,241
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    7,070 (0 Banked)
    I felt the same way, I actually tried the ps4 demo like 2 weeks ago and I posted that LBP is up there with Knack, I was more disappointed that Killzone wasn't part of the Selection, I think Sony dropped the ball especially giving Guerilla track record with play station hardware.

    They Could of Added or put the mandatory Tutorial level every game has, even if you only got to shoot fake targets just to show ps4 graphics at the hands of a talented set of developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

  8. #7
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    We are pretty much in the same boat. I definitely was NOT impressed. I played Knack and FIFA. If you told me those were PS3 games without me knowing any better, I would have believed it.

    The controller does feel better though. It feels like it conforms to your hand.

    I'm still a little reserved until I get my Killzone Shadowfall in hand to completely judge the graphics, but I'm definitely underwhelmed.
    Yeah... they really should've had Killzone as the demo... at the very least.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  9. #8
    Elite Member
    FaLLeNMoNkEy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Austin
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    2,905 (0 Banked)
    It's kind of funny. The visuals we are seeing on the PS4 is what I was expecting the PS3 to be after watching trailers for PS3 games back in the day. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO STOKED for PS4. Just kind of funny to me.


  10. #9
    Racing Game Fanatic
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Posts
    6,788
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    196,639 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Like a fine wine, the graphics get better over time, just take the release games and the games we play now for the PS3 as an example. The more time they will get to spend with the console the better the games will get!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming



  11. #10
    Dedicated Member
    Equinoqs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Appalachian Mtns.
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    16,535 (0 Banked)
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    All this whining about PS4 graphics...I'm still happy with PS3 graphics. What I'm hoping to get from the PS4 isn't prettier graphics but smarter AI, better physics, more logical hitbox/damage, less HUD, etc. I don't need games to look more realistic than they already do, I just want them to play more realistically.


    Shut up and play games

  12. #11
    Forum Elder
    Kydosan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,651
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    7,257 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Yeah... they really should've had Killzone as the demo... at the very least.
    They can't use Killzone because it's not kid friendly :/

  13. Likes Fenster likes this post
  14. #12
    Apprentice
    on the rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,259 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kydosan View Post
    They can't use Killzone because it's not kid friendly :/
    well they had videos of killzone and bf4 loaded on the console that you could watch so not sure why a playable demo would be different

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.