Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy

UPDATE: Combining Target's B2G1 deal and 30% off 2 games coupon

Very useful information if this turns out to work!
    I found out about this over at the PS4 subreddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments..._thread_about/

Target is giving out coupons randomly when you buy gaming related items, the coupons are 30% off two games (this will stack with B2G1). If you buy many game reservation cards at $1 each in separate transactions you will most likely get the coupon (Note: the coupons only print at the front register, the electronic registers can't print coupons), 4 is a good number to start out with. You can try again if you don't get the coupon. When you get the coupon return your reservation cards, then just get the games for the B2G1 and use the coupon.
    And this was my experience with how I managed to get the coupon.

I purchased 4 pre order cards for $1 a piece. Told the lady to scan them separately (4 different transactions, 4 different receipts). First 3 transactions and I got nothing, then on the 4th a magical piece of paper pops out of the machine on top. Yep, 30% off 2 games. Tomorrow I'll proceed to try and combine this offer with the B2G1 deal going on. I'll report back tomorrow morning before the Amazon deal starts.

I made a video after leaving Target so if you want to see what the coupon looks like, go here:

Goodluck guys! I'll try to report back here, but to the PS4 subreddit for sure, tomorrow after trying this.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    UPDATE: well guys it worked! 3 PS4 games (FIFA, Madden and Call of Duty: Ghosts) for $91.

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 1.00.42 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-11-12 at 12.59.45 PM.jpg

Apprentice
    I didn't do it..this girl in front of me at Target tried to do it but when the guy called the manager she said "you can't use the coupon and the b2g1"

Forum Guru
    The manager at my Target wouldn't do it. He said if the computer does it, fine. But he won't override it. So they tried to scan it again and it wouldn't go through. It's the only Target in my area, too, so I can't go try a different one.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    The manager at my Target wouldn't do it. He said if the computer does it, fine. But he won't override it. So they tried to scan it again and it wouldn't go through. It's the only Target in my area, too, so I can't go try a different one.
    Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Naperville. BTW, it seems to be working for some and not for others. No idea why.
    The rock I got my wife was big!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I did that a couple days ago. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Mine was $87.17.

Just so you know though, you didn't have to buy a single game card for $1 each. You just have to ask them to scan it. If it doesn't print, void that one, and scan another. It took three scans, and that was it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    One strategy to have the manager override it is to show them that other games (PS3, Wii, etc) will work with the deal. So it isn't a matter of the computer not ever allowing the two deals to be combined. It just so happens that for whatever reason the PS4 games aren't automatically working. Maybe because they are new or something? Try that.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I did that a couple days ago. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Mine was $87.17.

Just so you know though, you didn't have to buy a single game card for $1 each. You just have to ask them to scan it. If it doesn't print, void that one, and scan another. It took three scans, and that was it.
    So you basically just told them you wanted to get a coupon? Nice might be frowned on by some reps though

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    So you basically just told them you wanted to get a coupon? Nice might be frowned on by some reps though

Another option is to use a self checkout machine. Sometimes the coupon prints out before you pay for it. It'll print out after you scan the item.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNupe View Post
    Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Naperville. BTW, it seems to be working for some and not for others. No idea why.
    I guess I need to update my info because I moved to Corpus Christi TX a few months ago. I was in the Quad Cities area if IL, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FaLLeNMoNkEy View Post
    One strategy to have the manager override it is to show them that other games (PS3, Wii, etc) will work with the deal. So it isn't a matter of the computer not ever allowing the two deals to be combined. It just so happens that for whatever reason the PS4 games aren't automatically working. Maybe because they are new or something? Try that.
    I told him that it would likely work if we did that, proving that the offers can be combined, but he was basically like "if the register doesn't allow it then you can't use it."

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Yea i don't think your suppose to be able to use it..just some managers don't care..the manager in my store specifically said that the 30% off was NOT to be used with the b2g1 free...she said they even had a email about it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They stack coupons all the time. If someone says no, then ask for a manager. If he/she says no, then give them the games back and tell them you'll just do the same deal on Amazon with no sales taxes.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They stack coupons all the time. If someone says no, then ask for a manager. If he/she says no, then give them the games back and tell them you'll just do the same deal on Amazon with no sales taxes.
    That's if you live in a state where they don't charge sales tax. No go in Texas. Then if you add in shipping... it's not with paying extra to make a point.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That's if you live in a state where they don't charge sales tax. No go in Texas. Then if you add in shipping... it's not with paying extra to make a point.

Then tell 'em you'll just go to best buy and apply your points that you have there.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank

You only pay extra if you don't do free shipping so you can get it faster. Even with tax in Texas it's still a little cheaper. Amazon only charges state sales tax, not local. It's a buck or so but it's still less than a store.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    You only pay extra if you don't do free shipping so you can get it faster. Even with tax in Texas it's still a little cheaper. Amazon only charges state sales tax, not local. It's a buck or so but it's still less than a store.
    Well I would not have done the free shipping because it would kind of suck to get my ps4 and not have any games to play. Plus, you're wrong about sales tax. It's exactly the same as it was in the store. 8.25%

It doesnt really matter. I got the games for within a few bucks of what it would have been either way. Not using the coupon sucks, but its not like Amazon had some better deal or something.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    Well if you have Amazon prime then it won't be a problem.

PSN ID
    Dullisten
    I can't believe u guys in US gets offers like that.. here in Norway it is more likely to get "buy 1 pay for 2"-offers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

19. Likes FaLLeNMoNkEy likes this post

PSN ID
    none
    Hi Everyone!
    As we know Target is best online shopping site, i want to purchase Boots with good discount from Target. I found many sites like www.delightcoupons.com/us, techbargains .com, goodsearch.com and lots more but I am confused which site is better. Please help or email me ASAP

Thread Information