Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Exclamation Beware! Upgrade BF4 from PS3 to PS4 unlocks ect....

I have no concrete evidence of this but the word is out so I'm just passing it along.

Apparently, the only way BF4 players on PS3 can carry over their unlocks, stats and premium to PS4 is through the $10 upgrade program. That means if you wanted to sell your copy of BF4 on PS3 and pick up a copy of BF4 on PS4, you're starting from scratch and if you bought premium on PS3, you'll need to buy it again.

If this is completely wrong information, then disregard this message.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I have no concrete evidence of this but the word is out so I'm just passing it along.

Apparently, the only way BF4 players on PS3 can carry over their unlocks, stats and premium to PS4 is through the $10 upgrade program. That means if you wanted to sell your copy of BF4 on PS3 and pick up a copy of BF4 on PS4, you're starting from scratch and if you bought premium on PS3, you'll need to buy it again.

makes sense as it's away to keep people from reselling the game. Just like using the unlock upgrade requires use of the PS3 disc in the PS4 system. It's not ideal, but It doesn't bother me. although I do think if you bought the Premium PS3 edition, it should transfer over to the PS4.

Elite Guru
    Yes you are wrong.. Dice has already said there would be a one time transfer of data and stats from the PS3 to PS4 version and that premium carries over as well..

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    Yes you are wrong.. Dice has already said there would be a one time transfer of data and stats from the PS3 to PS4 version and that premium carries over as well..
    Sure, as long as you use your PS3 copy of the game. What I'm reading on other forums is, if you wanted to buy a copy of BF4 on disc, you're starting over from scratch.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Sure, as long as you use your PS3 copy of the game. What I'm reading on other forums is, if you wanted to buy a copy of BF4 on disc, you're starting over from scratch.
    That may well be true. The stat transfer is, like I figured, one way for BF4 and there's a transfer mechanism built into the digital upgrade process but no such mechanism starting from a BF4 disc copy. I'd hazard a guess if you did the $10 upgrade, did the transfer, then sold your PS3 copy, ditched the digital copy and used a BF4 disc, then you'd be fine. You'd just be out the $10. Once the stat transfer is complete it'll probably be fine, but the stat transfer has to occur and if that's only built into the digital upgrade process then that's the only way to do it.

I'm a wee bit skeptical, though. The X360 to XOne disc-based upgrade programs are all trade-in-the-old-disc-version programs. Stats don't transfer? Maybe they don't. If they do transfer for XOne upgrading disc copies but not for PS4 upgrading disc copies, then they could have implemented the same thing for PS4. They just didn't.

Superior Member
    I'm trying to figure out if the stats will be linked between PS3 & PS4 like COD Ghosts. So you can play on PS3, have your stats. Then Switch to PS4 raise your stats more, and then go back to PS3 and have your stats update to where you were on the PS4. I'm going to have friends that are getting the PS4 version right a way, and some that won't make the switch fora while. it'd be nice to always have the most current stats no matter which version I'm playing.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    I don't know about the stats, but I do know that you must keep the PS3 disc in order to play the 10$ upgrade for PS4.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by P51-SN95 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if the stats will be linked between PS3 & PS4 like COD Ghosts. So you can play on PS3, have your stats. Then Switch to PS4 raise your stats more, and then go back to PS3 and have your stats update to where you were on the PS4. I'm going to have friends that are getting the PS4 version right a way, and some that won't make the switch fora while. it'd be nice to always have the most current stats no matter which version I'm playing.
    I read in another thread, BF4 PS4 is one way, north, and only one time. Once you move BF4 to PS4 you can never go back.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

Fear mongering shouldn't be tolerated on this forum.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    I read in another thread, BF4 PS4 is one way, north, and only one time. Once you move BF4 to PS4 you can never go back.
    well if that's the case, then I'm likely returning my PS3 copy and just going straight PS4

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P51-SN95 View Post
    well if that's the case, then I'm likely returning my PS3 copy and just going straight PS4
    And this is why I started this thread in the first place. It seems that if you do this, all of the unlocks, stats and if purchased premium, will not carry over to the PS4 version of BF4.

The only way for everything to carry over is via the $10 upgrade using your PS3 disc. If that is false, great! But I've yet to get final word either way.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Um can I link my stats to another account when carrying over stats?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    And this is why I started this thread in the first place. It seems that if you do this, all of the unlocks, stats and if purchased premium, will not carry over to the PS4 version of BF4.

The only way for everything to carry over is via the $10 upgrade using your PS3 disc. If that is false, great! But I've yet to get final word either way.
    Well I have the disc and would do the $10 upgrade, but I want to be able to go back and forth between the PS3 and Ps4

Elite Guru

Posted on 14 August by Vincent Vukovic – Community Manager, DICE

DICE makes it easy for Battlefield 4 players to upgrade to PS4

EnglishSelect a Language:

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

This holiday, DICE will unwrap the next generation of all-out warfare with Battlefield 4. That means best-in-class multiplayer is coming to PlayStation 4 with huge 64-player battles running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.
    Even if you start playing on PlayStation 3, we want to make your transition to PlayStation 4 easy. That’s why we’re notifying the devoted Battlefield and PlayStation communities that all of the time and effort you spend building up your Battlefield 4 stats will carry over when you upgrade to PlayStation 4.
    That way, on 1st November, you can get in the game without any worries that you’ll have to start ranking up all over again when PlayStation 4 launches. We got your back.

Today we also wanted to inform the community that DICE is promising to keep the action going all year long with the return of Premium membership for Battlefield 4. With membership, players can expect themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content, and personalization options. And just as your stats, unlocks, and rank will be transferable from PS3 to PS4, so too will Battlefield 4 Premium membership.
    Tune into EA’s 2013 gamescom press conference on 20 August at 3:00pm BST/4:00pm CET for the first look at Battlefield 4 Premium content. You’ll also get the scoop on an all-new Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map.
    Thanks for reading!
    Here is the official statement from DICE... A goddamn easy enough search.... Everything carries over and nothing about repurchasing premium....

And here is the link http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...pgrade-to-ps4/

Dedicated Member

I can only speak for the digital version. I bought it digitally for the PS3, got the $10 PSN credit and then upgraded to PS4 for free. It worked like a charm and all my unlocks went with it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda

if you dont have concrete info, why post it?
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Superior Member
    Most rumors on topics like these tend to be true, especially with everything that has taken place since launch. Clearly justified given the obvious rocky launch we've seen thus far on BF4.

At this point, it's clearly the least of the majorities issues with this game.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Most rumors on topics like these tend to be true, especially with everything that has taken place since launch. Clearly justified given the obvious rocky launch we've seen thus far on BF4.

At this point, it's clearly the least of the majorities issues with this game.
    I had the PS3 BF4 disc, paid the $10 upgrade and had ALMOST all my data transfer over. For whatever reason, I lost 3 unlocked guns (and all the work it took to get them). This forum is the first I've read through to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Boboulus
    I had the disc version for PS3 and then got the disc version for ps4 and everything transferd over without a hitch. But you do have to play thru the single player game to unlock those guns you get from the missions again.

Thread Information