Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Live Streamer

Doreen Fox, 78, Obsessed With Grand Theft Auto Game

source

Doreen Fox, 78, Obsessed With Grand Theft Auto Game Because "I Just Love The Violence Of It"

Let Doreen Fox be an inspiration to us all, to press on and pursue our biggest dreams. Shes 78 years old, a widow and stroke victim, but none of that stopped her from standing in line until after midnight at a shopping mall in England's West Midlands to buy the latest edition of the ultra-violent video game, Call of Duty.

Fox says that she is the U.K.s oldest gamer and while no definitive statistics are available, her claim appears at least plausible.

She picked up the video game fixation from her grandson Gareth Hughes in the 1980s, the era of Nintendo when Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong ruled the gaming world. Fox has kept playing as video games have grown geometrically more sophisticated and at the same time, more bloodthirsty and she loves it.

"I just love the violence of it - it keeps me focused, I dont like to sit still, she told the U.K.s Daily Mail newspaper. I suffered two strokes in 2008 and things like this keeps me on my toes. When youre playing the games youre on the edge of your seat.

She plays the games for hours on end, she says. God knows what the neighbors think when they can hear bombs and gun noises coming from my little flat.

Though she is currently attempting to master Call of Duty, she says that the controversial game Grand Theft Auto, in which players carry out the tasks of a mob hit man and other outlaws, remains her favorite.

I dont understand the controversy behind all these games, she says. Dont get me wrong, Id never go around battering people with my handbag. Im not a criminal. But you really lose yourself in them.

Despite her claim to be the oldest gamer in her country, Fox does not claim to be the best, despite her countless hours on the game console.

Im not as quick as I used to be. I always shoot the wrong man or point the gun at a tree instead - but I dont mind, I enjoy it anyway, she says, adding that with two strokes she suffered several years ago the games help to keep her mind focused.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thread Information