Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    I saw else where on this forum you need to update the file to fat32 is this true? it didnt say that on the playstation site you had to do that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Good catch to the OP. Just downloaded the file to my flashdrive. I clicked format and it said formatted and then i dumped it on there, no idea if it was fat32, but that's how i used to add all of my ps3 stuff, so not too worried.

PSN ID
    Moonlitknight1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Good catch to the OP. Just downloaded the file to my flashdrive. I clicked format and it said formatted and then i dumped it on there, no idea if it was fat32, but that's how i used to add all of my ps3 stuff, so not too worried.
    I am assuming you have a Microsoft OS but they automatically format into a FAT32 file system. I am not sure about the other OS's.

4. Likes vinny_pizza79 likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

You can now download PS4 Update to have it ready for PS4 on release date!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    I saw else where on this forum you need to update the file to fat32 is this true? it didnt say that on the playstation site you had to do that.
    FAT32 or xFAT. And it's the drive you format... you don't do anything with the file.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    FAT32 or xFAT. And it's the drive you format... you don't do anything with the file.
    So can you explain what i should do with this update file ? should i just leave it or do i do something with it. right now its a .PUP file. how do i get this to work on the ps4?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    You leave it is a PUP file.

IIRC it shoudl be a similar fodler structure than the PS3 method ("PS3" > "UPDATES" etc).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    So can you explain what i should do with this update file ? should i just leave it or do i do something with it. right now its a .PUP file. how do i get this to work on the ps4?
    You don't do anything to the file. You format an external drive or thumb drive as FAT32 and then copy the update to it. From there just follow this procedure:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11...ll-it-manually
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    You don't do anything to the file. You format an external drive or thumb drive as FAT32 and then copy the update to it. From there just follow this procedure:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11...ll-it-manually

thanks thats what i was thinking

Thread Information