Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    Member
    ThaDon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    I saw else where on this forum you need to update the file to fat32 is this true? it didnt say that on the playstation site you had to do that.

  2. #27
    Apprentice
    vinny_pizza79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    3,623 (0 Banked)
    Good catch to the OP. Just downloaded the file to my flashdrive. I clicked format and it said formatted and then i dumped it on there, no idea if it was fat32, but that's how i used to add all of my ps3 stuff, so not too worried.

  3. #28
    Newbie
    Moonlitknight1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PSN ID
    Moonlitknight1
    Age
    22
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    423 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Good catch to the OP. Just downloaded the file to my flashdrive. I clicked format and it said formatted and then i dumped it on there, no idea if it was fat32, but that's how i used to add all of my ps3 stuff, so not too worried.
    I am assuming you have a Microsoft OS but they automatically format into a FAT32 file system. I am not sure about the other OS's.

  4. Likes vinny_pizza79 likes this post
  5. #29
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    You can now download PS4 Update to have it ready for PS4 on release date!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    I saw else where on this forum you need to update the file to fat32 is this true? it didnt say that on the playstation site you had to do that.
    FAT32 or xFAT. And it's the drive you format... you don't do anything with the file.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  6. #30
    Member
    ThaDon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    FAT32 or xFAT. And it's the drive you format... you don't do anything with the file.
    So can you explain what i should do with this update file ? should i just leave it or do i do something with it. right now its a .PUP file. how do i get this to work on the ps4?

  7. #31
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,073
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,350 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You leave it is a PUP file.

    IIRC it shoudl be a similar fodler structure than the PS3 method ("PS3" > "UPDATES" etc).

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  8. #32
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    So can you explain what i should do with this update file ? should i just leave it or do i do something with it. right now its a .PUP file. how do i get this to work on the ps4?
    You don't do anything to the file. You format an external drive or thumb drive as FAT32 and then copy the update to it. From there just follow this procedure:

    http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11...ll-it-manually
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  9. #33
    Member
    ThaDon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    You don't do anything to the file. You format an external drive or thumb drive as FAT32 and then copy the update to it. From there just follow this procedure:

    http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11...ll-it-manually

    thanks thats what i was thinking

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.