Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

    A question about the protection plan?

    I have looked today at the non Protection Plan from PSN and the price was 39.99 It says Protection Plan provides you with manufacture coverage for 36 months from when you purchased your console. So, it doesn't add 34 months to my 1 year warranty because it means that I have 12 months only which stands for 1 year extra. Or we will get the 34 months plus the 1 year manufacture warranty? Thanks for clearing that out.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  2. #2
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,311
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    5,906 (0 Banked)
    Hopefully this rolls out in Europe too.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    56,971 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I have looked today at the non Protection Plan from PSN and the price was 39.99 It says Protection Plan provides you with manufacture coverage for 36 months from when you purchased your console. So, it doesn't add 34 months to my 1 year warranty because it means that I have 12 months only which stands for 1 year extra. Or we will get the 34 months plus the 1 year manufacture warranty? Thanks for clearing that out.
    I'm not so sure about how this protection plan from the PS Store works but hopefully someone has some experience with it, my guess would be that you can purchase it let's say the last month of the 1 year warranty and have it extend afterwards.

    Edit: PlayStation® Protection Plan
    Your new PS Vita, PS3™ or PS4™ system comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty. Adding a PlayStation® Protection Plan extends your coverage on a single system by 24 months. This simple and cost-effective protection plan helps ensure you'll experience years of enjoyment from your PlayStation® product.
    http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/

    PS4
    $49.99
    $59.99 includes Accidental Damage
    http://us.playstation.com/support/pr...cing/index.htm

    What are the benefits of purchasing the PlayStation® Protection Plan?
    All PlayStation® hardware comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The PlayStation® Protection Plan is an extended service for consumers who want the added peace of mind that comes from having 24 months of additional coverage after your manufacturer’s warranty expires.

    Who is eligible to purchase these new service plans?
    The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days.
    http://us.playstation.com/support/pr...faqs/index.htm
    Last edited by daLa; 11-13-2013 at 17:07.


  4. Likes F34R likes this post
  5. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Yeah, its 1 extra year of warranty. Nah, its not worth it as Bestbuy gives 3 years plus with 1 year manufacture so in total having 4 years for 59.99.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  6. #5
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    May 2013
    PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    2,555 (0 Banked)
    I wishwe had this in theUK. We get a $#@!ty 1 yr extended warranty from game for 60 pounds.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,592
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    59,259 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    YOu get the standard 12 month (1 year) plus 24 EXTRA months (2 years) after the manufacturers ahs run out so that equals 36 months which is 3 years in total.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-13-2013 at 20:25.

  8. #7
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    YOu get the standard 12 month (1 year) plus 24 EXTRA months (2 years) after the manufacturers ahs run out so that equals 36 months which is 3 years in total.
    Ohh you right dam I didn't pay attention for it lol. I will be getting that lol.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  9. #8
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    56,971 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Ohh you right dam I didn't pay attention for it lol. I will be getting that lol.
    I was just about to point that out to you, and 2 extra coverage years for $59.99 with accidental damage it's more than amazing! Compared to BestBuy over priced plans, a 2 year plan there will probably cost you at least $150.


  10. #9

  11. #10
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I was just about to point that out to you, and 2 extra coverage years for $59.99 with accidental damage it's more than amazing! Compared to BestBuy over priced plans, a 2 year plan there will probably cost you at least $150.
    Thanks friend and I didn't pay attention to the numbers 34 months and it seemed I was sleeping lol. I will be getting the none accidental Protection Plan because I don't break anything and no kids in my home. Thanks again.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  12. Likes daLa likes this post
  13. #11
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,592
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    59,259 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Thanks friend and I didn't pay attention to the numbers 34 months and it seemed I was sleeping lol. I will be getting the none accidental Protection Plan because I don't break anything and no kids in my home. Thanks again.
    Thats the one I would buy. I have never broken a console in my life they just stopped working of their own accord.

  14. #12
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,117
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    21,565 (0 Banked)
    Personally I find these to be a waste. I've never had any electronics fail on me during the time between manufactures warranty and when an extended warranty would have covered.

    If I bought warranties for all of the electronics I've purchased I estimate that I would have spent a few thousand dollars (a lot of toys over the years.)

    Personally, I'd rather take my chances and just replace it if it does happen to fail on me.



  15. #13
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thats the one I would buy. I have never broken a console in my life they just stopped working of their own accord.
    Same here my friend. I never broke any systems in my life and they just stopped working due to their hardware issue and not of me. Like my PS3 did 2 times on me. Yeah, that is really good price plus I have 15 dollars in my account so 39 minus 15 to get warranty for 3 years. Its really great price.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Personally I find these to be a waste. I've never had any electronics fail on me during the time between manufactures warranty and when an extended warranty would have covered.

    If I bought warranties for all of the electronics I've purchased I estimate that I would have spent a few thousand dollars (a lot of toys over the years.)

    Personally, I'd rather take my chances and just replace it if it does happen to fail on me.
    This is the main problem my friend. When you will buy the extended warranty. No problems will occur and when you don't. You will get the problems loooooooooool.
    Last edited by Syphon_Filter; 11-14-2013 at 09:23.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  16. #14
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,117
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    21,565 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    This is the main problem my friend. When you will buy the extended warranty. No problems will occur and when you don't. You will get the problems loooooooooool.
    Not seeing the problem. I've never bought an extended warranty, and I've never had any electronics fail in the extended warranty period, which negates your second claim. Like I've said, I have never needed it, and I have saved thousands of dollars over the years by not buying them. All my electronics have failed in the first 1yr and replaced under warranty or have lasted at least 5yrs most exceeding 10yrs and/or being replaced with newer products.

    And try using LOL correctly: looooooooooool - Laugh out out out out out .... out loud - Really?



  17. #15
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    56,971 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Thanks friend and I didn't pay attention to the numbers 34 months and it seemed I was sleeping lol. I will be getting the none accidental Protection Plan because I don't break anything and no kids in my home. Thanks again.
    No problem, this helped me out as well cause know I know I can purchase the extended warranty within the 1st year and unlike some of you guys here I do intend on purchasing since I had such an awful experience with my ps3.
    Bought my ps3 day one at BB with 2 year extended warranty and it got the YLOD after 2 years and a few months so I was out of coverage, had to shell out an extra $160 to get a replacement from Sony, they sent me a new refurbished ps3 with 90 days warranty which is 3 months, guess what? that ps3 also YLOD after 6 months so once again I'm out of coverage, had to buy a new ps3 slim for $400. So yeah I ended up wasting over a $1000 on consoles. Now that's why an extra $40 for extra coverage doesn't hurt at all anymore.


  18. #16
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,547 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    No problem, this helped me out as well cause know I know I can purchase the extended warranty within the 1st year and unlike some of you guys here I do intend on purchasing since I had such an awful experience with my ps3.
    Bought my ps3 day one at BB with 2 year extended warranty and it got the YLOD after 2 years and a few months so I was out of coverage, had to shell out an extra $160 to get a replacement from Sony, they sent me a new refurbished ps3 with 90 days warranty which is 3 months, guess what? that ps3 also YLOD after 6 months so once again I'm out of coverage, had to buy a new ps3 slim for $400. So yeah I ended up wasting over a $1000 on consoles. Now that's why an extra $40 for extra coverage doesn't hurt at all anymore.
    You are right 100 percent friend. 40 dollars to have 3 years warranty is nothing. I will be purchasing the plan on Monday upon receiving my PS4. Bestbuy buy charged me on November 11 and it says most be purchased the PS4 with the last 30 days.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  19. Likes daLa likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.