Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

NVidia 3D Vision... Any one got it?

Pretty much as the title says. Does anyone have it/use it?

Seeing as I can't really afford to buy a PS4 this month I've had to cancel my pre-order and thought i'd spend a bit of money on my PC. Either another GPU (and still be poor) or buy 3D Vision and maybe a new mouse.

I've only ever had a chance to use it a few years ago before my friend slept on and broke his glasses. i tried it with L4D2 and Batman:AA and i was left quite impressed though feeling like it was a gimmick. i STILL feel 3D is a gimmick but i wouldn't mind trying a few next generation games in 3D plus i want to treat myself to something

For only 99 I might take the gamble as it is hardly a bank breaking price. Just looking for some opinions. I'd be more inclined in buying an Oculus Rift but I think it might be better to wait for the consumer product.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Nope cannot see 3d I ddi try it at my local computer shop but it didn't work.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I dunno, I have SONY's expensive $1000au 3D headset the HMZ-T2 and to me this seems rather expensive.
    Should be free.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Nope cannot see 3d I ddi try it at my local computer shop but it didn't work.
    That sucks. I remember when I was playing L4D2 i was using the chainsaw and that looked really good seeing horde of zombies coming at you and running onto the saw. Made it very satisfying and with Batman whenever you glided from place to place his cape looked cool.

I think i'm going to buy some, loads of games support it so worst case scenario is I don't use it much. I have a 3D screen, which i only bought due to wanting 120Hz, so i might as well use it for 3D occasionally.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    I got 3 free 3D glasses with my 3 monitors, that was just a bonus and the monitors can automatically switch between different modes depending on the game. While the monitors are made for AMD's cards it does work for Nvidia's if I use separate software to make the games side by side. The 3D effects though are absolutely amazing whether it's done by software or the monitor and I highly recommend it.

Keefy, I take it you have some sort of monopsia?

Forum Sage

Man, i wish I had the 500 lying about when you got those monitors. Was such a good deal!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I got 3 free 3D glasses with my 3 monitors, that was just a bonus and the monitors can automatically switch between different modes depending on the game. While the monitors are made for AMD's cards it does work for Nvidia's if I use separate software to make the games side by side. The 3D effects though are absolutely amazing whether it's done by software or the monitor and I highly recommend it.

Keefy, I take it you have some sort of monopsia?
    pretty much although no Dr has ever diagnosed it, at least to my knowledge. And its nowhere near as bad as some people's descriptions I have read on the net. I have decent depth perception might be because I have had this condition sine I was very young and learnt to cope with it.
    I just cannot see 3D.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Man, i wish I had the 500 lying about when you got those monitors. Was such a good deal!
    Well whether you get a monitor with an AMD switch in it or the Nvidia 3D thingamijig it should be a blast. Now I have to admit that I rarely use it but when I do use it it tends to be with games that require more atmosphere (like Amnesia).

Forum Sage

Yeah it won't be something I use too often but it'll be nice for the added touch. I have all the other bits for 3D so i might as well give it a go. I'm not going to bother with the Rift any more as it is still within its infancy. Hopefully going to order the glasses at the end of the month.

Shame BF4 doesn't have support for it yet but apparently BF3 looked amazing in 3D

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    I'm still going to get the Rift anyway at release. I was pretty close to picking up a DevKit though with the game I'm developing but it isn't really good enough for it.

Forum Sage

The rift seems a lot more exciting to me and far less gimmicky but there aren't enough games that i own to make a purchase worth while.

Hopefully that changes because I imagine playing on a rift with a good quality set of 7.1 headphones would be whole new level of immersion.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Rift + F1 = heaven, that's all I can say about that! The other racing games will be amazing with it as well.

Forum Sage

For some reason I thought it would only work with compatible games but of course it would work with anything as it's just another display, no?

I imagine F1 would be sweet if it supported head tracking. The ****pit view would be amazing.

Hmm Varsh you've confused everything!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    That's what I'm best at! I will without doubt be getting a Rift, I might even take the plunge and get the first commercial version even if it's 720p as the immersion will be stunning.

Thread Information