Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    I no longer rely that much in reviews tbh I'm sure this game will be more than fun. Mark the scores by each and every listed reviewer here and compare it to the praising high score a $#@!ty game like COD Ghosts will get, then you'll know if you can trust the reviews.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Perhaps that's because COD & Battlefield's multiplayer is just better than Killzone's? I don't want to be too critical of the critics (lol) unless I played all three games.

Coming from a Call of Duty game, its the same BS every time. It's true what you say about BF4 there's more of a ambitious feeling. There's more out in the game due to its vast maps.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wanna hear more about the multiplayer. The review scores are about what i expected though.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I wanna hear more about the multiplayer. The review scores are about what i expected though.
    I expected 80-90 so this is disappointing for me. However reviews do sound like they only reviewed campaign, not multiplayer. If that gets bad reviews too then...
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Perhaps that's because COD & Battlefield's multiplayer is just better than Killzone's? I don't want to be too critical of the critics (lol) unless I played all three games.
    I agree. I'm not saying KZ can't be a above average game. I haven't played it yet so I can't say. But I'll leave the discussion alone because I don't want this to turn into a comparison thread. Looking forward to playing KZ.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    The Doritocracy is alive and well.

7 from eurogamer and 5 from polygon? Hahahaha. Polygon of Vox that got it's start up funding from microsoft? Quelle surprise.

I am i the only one wondering why non of these review have actually reviewed the multiplayer of a multiplayer game?
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    I am i the only one wondering why non of these review have actually reviewed the multiplayer of a multiplayer game?
    Because the mp servers were not online at the time of review?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

8. Likes Merchant , F34R likes this post
    Finally You Are Free

The faults seem to rely on it being 'just another shooter, albeit more pretty'. I can't blame any reviewer for that because it's something I'm inclined to agree with; the shooter genre is stagnated, and gorgeous graphics alone shouldn't hold up a game. It sounds like certain aspects of the game have been improved over its predecessors, but it just wasn't enough to set it to a higher elevation. Multiplayer isn't as tight as it probably should be.

Well, Battlefield's multiplayer is really in its own playing field. It's so far beyond Killzone's and Call of Duty's that it'll naturally get rated higher. Call of Duty has received bull$#@! passes these years because it's Call of Duty, but finally with CoD: Ghosts that seems to be changing some. Killzone has neither of those privileges.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I want an open world killzone title. From the sound of these reviews, these open areas is where it shined.

11. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Exactly, why not wait for the servers judge full game? Are they in that much of a rush for clicks?

Imagine they scored COD or BF4 just based on the SP. MP is the meat and potatoes, KZ2 + KZ3 I only attempted the SP after 2 months of owning them after diving into the MP first. Baptism of fire, 10 deaths in the first 10 minutes.
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

13. Likes Malt, Mael Duin, RedOrb_Collector likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    So what exactly are they going to do when the servers are up for multiplayer?

Are they going to review that component seperately? Wouldn't that confuse people?

Or are they going to append the original reviews with the bits about how multiplayer stacks up, in which case, was it really necessary to jump the gun and only review half the $#@!ing game?

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Exactly, why not wait for the servers judge full game? Are they in that much of a rush for clicks?

Imagine they scored COD or BF4 just based on the SP. MP is the meat and potatoes, KZ2 + KZ3 I only attempted the SP after 2 months of owning them after diving into the MP first. Baptism of fire, 10 deaths in the first 10 minutes.
    Read the IGN review. They touch on the multiplayer.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Honestly Sessler review is very positive for me. But from it i see that next KZ can use Crysis formula. Im not a Crysis fan, but I think fps games sould take a step away from current corridor meta and give players more freedom.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    At this point I'm just ready for Guerrilla's new IP.

They've tried for years now to establish a real fanbase for Killzone and just have not done so. The universe just doesn't have much pull, and the reviews have never been consistent.

I want to see them try an Elder Scrolls like open world RPG. Hell, make it 1st person if you're still more comfortable with that view point, just don't do any shooters for awhile.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 11-13-2013 at 19:28.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    At this point I'm just ready for Guerrilla's new IP.

They've tried for years now to establish a real fanbase for Killzone and just have not done so. The universe just doesn't have much pull.

I want to see them try an Elder Scrolls like open world RPG. Hell, make it 1st person if you're still more comfortable with that view point, just don't do any shooters for awhile.
    KZ have very strong fanbase, it not so big as cod or bf has, but not that small as it seems.
    And i hope their RPG will be in sci-fi settings, no dragons or any other fantasy $#@!

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    And i hope their RPG will be in sci-fi settings, no dragons or any other fantasy $#@!
    With all due respect man, $#@! that.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've enjoyed all the KZ games.. 2, 3, Lib, Merc, and I'm sure SF will be in that same category for me.

I'm tired of games getting knocked just for being in the same time period as other games or for having the same mechanics as other games in the genre. Why do these reviewers think first person shooters have to be nothing like any other first person shooter that has ever come before it to make a good game? I don't see movie reviews knocking down a comedy because there were jokes like other comedies. Get over yourselves. Anyway, here's two videos from gametrailers.com that you guys might like.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/p...l-field-report

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...ow-fall-review

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    With all due respect man, $#@! that.
    I respect that )) each his own

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I only say that because Guerilla has done this sci-fi $#@! for years with Killzone, and they've not been all that successful in getting traction behind it.

Their Sci-Fi has been incredibly dull, void of vibrancy and life...boring. I just feel like a sci-fi RPG would just be like Killzone except in third person, with a few more menus and visible stats.

I want to see them do something completely different. Something without being shooter heavy, as that's all they've ever done, in one form or another.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    While they don't have the COD/BF traction, I think they have a nice dedicated fanbase.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I only say that because Guerilla has done this sci-fi $#@! for years with Killzone, and they've not been all that successful in getting traction behind it.

Their Sci-Fi has been incredibly dull, void of vibrancy and life...boring. I just feel like a sci-fi RPG would just be like Killzone except in third person, with a few more menus and visible stats.
    just read this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517012

They capable create great universe, BUT they need someone who can tell the story in the right way, thats it. Maybe they should cooperate with ND or SM, I dont know, but this is the only weak point of GG

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    It's not just story telling.

The way they've crafted their universe is just not all that exciting. So its design decisions as well.

Again, it takes place in space, far future, yet these worlds are so empty and lifeless. Even Vekta which is supposedly beautiful. Where's the native wildlife and stuff? Their guns are boring too, its a future flung story, yet they are still far too familiar feeling and looking to modern weaponry accept for one or two exceptions.

It just seems they are more concerned about making it a gritty, realistic futuristic story than making it lush, varied, and more appealing to the imagination.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Not surprised by the scores. Not like launch titles are ever AAA. One thing to remember though, for a launch title, bad reviews of a game like KZ are going to get a lot more hits than the good reviews.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    It's not just story telling.

The way they've crafted their universe is just not all that exciting. So its design decisions as well.

Again, it takes place in space, far future, yet these worlds are so empty and lifeless. Even Vekta which is supposedly beautiful. Where's the native wildlife and stuff? Their guns are boring too, its a future flung story, yet they are still far too familiar feeling and looking to modern weaponry accept for one or two exceptions.

It just seems they are more concerned about making it a gritty, realistic futuristic story than making it lush, varied, and more appealing to the imagination.
    I understand. But now i have a question have you saw many native wildlife in Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Halo, SystemShock or even Dark Forces and Jedi Outcast/Academy?I hope that you will not argue that last 3 have awesome universe. You judge fps game with rpg standarts.

Thread Information