Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    I've said it all along. This is a renter. All Killzones fail to compel me to finish their campaign and mulitplayer lacks the chops compared to the competition.

It's just a pretty PS4 release game to show off to people. Graphics are pretty damn good though.

2. Likes N0REGARD4LIFE likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    I understand. But now i have a question have you saw many native wildlife in Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Halo, SystemShock or even Dark Forces and Jedi Outcast/Academy?I hope that you will not argue that last 3 have awesome universe. You judge fps game with rpg standarts.
    All of those games are far more heavy on the sci-fi than Killzone.

All of those games have flashier weapons than Killzone. And for the most part you aren't just fighting humans there. You are fighting anywhere from aliens to supernatural forces.

I ask for vibrant distractions in Killzone because otherwise there's nothing else in the universe that's really beautiful or imaginative. Fighting people, with guns that really aren't that amazing to use, gets really boring, really fast.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    All of those games are far more heavy on the sci-fi than Killzone.

All of those games have flashier weapons than Killzone. And for the most part you aren't just fighting humans there. You are fighting anywhere from aliens to supernatural forces.

I ask for vibrant distractions in Killzone because otherwise there's nothing else in the universe that's really beautiful or imaginative. Fighting people, with guns that really aren't that amazing to use, gets really boring, really fast.
    we just have different tastes in that. and now its time to stop off-topic ))))

Forum Sage
    Some of you guys focus a little to much on the score a game gets.

6. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Still looks good to me. Excitement levels are nuts and I hate that you guys get it 2 weeks before ME!
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Still looks good to me. Excitement levels are nuts and I hate that you guys get it 2 weeks before ME!
    I hate we all can't have it on the same day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I hate we all can't have it on the same day.

Are you still getting it tomorrow?
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think I'm going to wait for Friday morning. Get to Best Buy when they open.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Shadowfall seems to be fairly well received, but generally divisive. It seems like alot of people are kind of confused as to the new approach they've taken with the series- but everything I've seen so far has blown my socks off and not simply from a technical perspective. I love the cold war setting, being on Vekta, pushing some 'grey' as to who is really the villain here (this stuff was touched on in the lore but rarely in the games, Helghast really were victims. Earth made them who they are). Even the music is up my alley.

But, I don't have the game yet. Well, ok, technically I do but I can't play it lol.

I hope that my initial impressions are validated when I have the full game in my PS4 this friday and that I won't walk away disappointed.

My only major concern is with the multiplayer, I'm a bit worried that the lack of weapon variety\unlocks can kind of hurt the enjoyability. Hopefully they have some kind of customization going on that is unlocked based on skill- stuff like weapon camo, class specific clothing items, emblems, etc.

The depth of the game customization options is sweet, that's great. But it's in this weird spot between something like Battlefield and COD. It doesn't have the vehicles or class depth of BF, but it does have more players and a weightier less arcadey feel than COD. On the other hand, it doesn't have all the weapons COD does.

Perhaps I'm just over-analyzing things.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I've said it all along. For Me, this is a renter. All Killzones fail to compel me to finish their campaign.
    Graphics are pretty damn good.
    fixed your post

that makes more sense

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I've said it all along. This is a renter. All Killzones fail to compel me to finish their campaign and mulitplayer lacks the chops compared to the competition.

It's just a pretty PS4 release game to show off to people. Graphics are pretty damn good though.
    I really enjoyed both KZ2 and KZ3 and they both had their fair share of negative reviews as well. So no doubt I'm BUYING SF day one.

As far as the reviews......good lord! Reviewers are all over the place. Check out Kotaku's reviews of Knack and Killzone:

lol.....while other reviews for Knack range from a meteoritic score of 30 to 83. KZ: SF ranges from 50 to 90.

These pre-launch reviews are a joke.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    KZ2 for me was a blast but what annoyed me were 2 fold.

1. The awful script with swearing everywhere for no reason
    2. The controls making the game harder than it actually is

The rest of the game was great, Atmosphere was intense and the sounds was really nice, the weapons sounded evil and powerful, not since Goldeneye have I heard such awesome weapon noises, RCP90 and the AR33 and the shotgun.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-14-2013 at 02:15.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Killzone is all sold out at my local walmart. It's currently the best selling next gen title for the ps4 in 2013 so far on amazon too...Glad GG is getting some decent sales.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Killzone is all sold out at my local walmart. It's currently the best selling next gen title for the ps4 in 2013 so far on amazon too...Glad GG is getting some decent sales.
    I think it was Forbes that had an article showing it as the bestselling game BY FAR for PS4 and X1.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    To be fair, Battlefield 4's multiplayer is far more ambitious and varied than Killzone: Shadow Fall's.
    Exactly.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    getting killzone and COD ghosts. hearing some really good things about the new COD (namely dedicated servers), and i loved KZ 1, 2 and 3 (although i didn't finish 3).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Decent reviews, orders KZ! Like a boss! I had to make sure I didn't go to pick up my system and they didn't have any in stock. Had Watch Dogs ordered but that worked out so well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Decent reviews, orders KZ! Like a boss! I had to make sure I didn't go to pick up my system and they didn't have any in stock. Had Watch Dogs ordered but that worked out so well.
    What would have made my cry like a baby would be all the games I wanted at launch were delayed. lol

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    2. The controls making the game harder than it actually is
    that was my main beef too. but KZ3 got a lot better in that regard.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Gonna play it day 1 and love it....not amount of bad reviews can change that. I thought the little I played of KZ2 was good gameplay wise....the only reason I can't bring myself to play more is because I. Cannot. Stand. The drab grey, brown, and black areas throughout constantly.

So if the gameplay is anything like KZ2 or whatever....I'll be fine.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I honestly think these reviewers are just trying to boast big about these games....regardless of score.

I mean...how can COD really be higher than KZ when there's a much more open way of doing missions and how it's somewhat doing something other than a corridor shooter.

Seriously.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I really enjoyed both KZ2 and KZ3 and they both had their fair share of negative reviews as well. So no doubt I'm BUYING SF day one.

As far as the reviews......good lord! Reviewers are all over the place. Check out Kotaku's reviews of Knack and Killzone:

lol.....while other reviews for Knack range from a meteoritic score of 30 to 83. KZ: SF ranges from 50 to 90.

These pre-launch reviews are a joke.
    Geez, what a joke. Absolutely no consistency what so ever.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    To be fair, Battlefield 4's multiplayer is far more ambitious and varied than Killzone: Shadow Fall's.

Also, COD: Ghosts received around the same scores as Killzone: Shadow Fall. Mid-70s.
    Battlefield 3 has better mp than bf4 there is nothing ambitious or varied about it they took a couple of cod multiplayer modes and made it harder to play with friends. No squads before u join a match I don't see and custom servers the game crashes a lot. I can go on and on killzone 2 killzone 3 had better so than battlefield and cod. Also on bf4 there are less jets and other vehicles allowed on the map at the same time it's a downgrade. All game modes from bf3 should have been brought over but that didn't happen and bf4 still gets praised.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    getting killzone and COD ghosts. hearing some really good things about the new COD (namely dedicated servers), and i loved KZ 1, 2 and 3 (although i didn't finish 3).
    News flash:
    There is nothing "new" about dedicated servers.

PSN ID
    DaGrandMastah
    I can't listen to reviews for this game...mainly because killzone 3 was my favorite of the series and no one seemed to like it. And I hate halo and everyone seems to love it. I'm weird with fps games I guess

Thread Information