Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
    I can't listen to reviews for this game...mainly because killzone 3 was my favorite of the series and no one seemed to like it. And I hate halo and everyone seems to love it. I'm weird with fps games I guess
    Agree with you there mate.
    I also think killzone mercenary is frickin amazing, especially online and that got mixed reviews too. Not long till I can experience it all for myself though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Despite my great disappointment in Killzone 3, I'll be getting Shadow Fall at launch.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Despite my great disappointment in Killzone 3, I'll be getting Shadow Fall at launch.
    I've never understood why so many people didn't like KZ 3. I enjoyed it very much. What didn't you like about it?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I've never understood why so many people didn't like KZ 3. I enjoyed it very much. What didn't you like about it?
    I don't think it's the campaign that people thought was worse. It was the multiplayer. The KZ2 fans thought KZ3 became more generic and closer to COD.

Personally, I liked them both about the same.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Killzone 3's plot was.. Bad. The Helghast felt a lot less threatening after Rico decided to be an imbecile and execute Visari at the end of KZ2. There is infighting and political bickering which really detracts from the experience to me. To make things worse, Sev just up and forgives Rico at the tip of a hat: "Yea, I wanted to shoot him too." -_-

In addition, of course, the Helghast\Stahl corporation develop a super weapon to use on Earth who have essentially been tyrants to the Helghast for generations. That whole plot point seemed weak to me, but I digress. So moving on, a ragtag bunch of troopers get into space and detonate it which 'accidentally' wipes out billions of people.

Billions.

"whoops, well uh, let's go home!"

Seriously? The whole thing just felt stupid to me. There had better be some serious repercussions from that Feinstein-level of stupidity in KZ:SF. Obviously the Helghast survivors have been moved to Vekta (which was rightfully theirs in the first place!) but the ISA\Earth literally committed genocide.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    A couple new reviews:

JeuxActu: 9

Killzone: Shadow Fall is a very good tech demo for the PS4, but also an excellent FPS with nothing to be ashamed of in front of Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts in terms of gameplay and multiplayer experience. Sony's game does even better with an open gameplay, where the use of the combat drone was well thought out at start. Shadow Fall is maybe a bit less spectacular and fast-paced than Killzone 3 in it's solo mode, but it gained in open-mindness much to our enjoyment. The exploration is a new element to be reckoned with which is a good thing when you know you're going to spend hours staring at those marvelous graphics that set the tone for the story. Giving the player some choices, that's the mainstay of a game which keeps its promises in spite of a few polishing flaws. A game that offers a very good solo and multiplayer and should appeal to most gamers.

The Escapist: 7

Killzone: Shadow Fall is not going to win over the masses, especially those who never cared for the series to begin with. It is, however, a fine shooter with a fun story, and a multiplayer mode that fans can sink hours and hours into.

Apprentice

Love KZ3. If you thought Radec Academy in KZ2 was intense, the Academy in KZ3 blows it out of the Universe.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't think it's the campaign that people thought was worse. It was the multiplayer. The KZ2 fans thought KZ3 became more generic and closer to COD.

Personally, I liked them both about the same.
    ...uhhh...what?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ...uhhh...what?
    Easier long-distance aiming, less hip firing, no spawn grenades, less players, smaller maps, etc.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I'm a fan of the series and it's garnered some fantastic scores in amidst of the indifferent ones. Still getting it regardless.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I think they should score Single player& Multiplayer separately.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It is the game... that's what they review.

Forum Overseer
    wow, so far, the PS4 is not getting favorable reviews. very surprised since these are launch games and should get people pumped up.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    KZ is getting pretty good reviews it's just some middle of the road and harsh reviews that are bringing it down. Honestly I'll wait and see until I play it. One thing is no matter what the popular games are going to sell well at launch because the selection isn't that big. Plus there have been reports that KZ is one of the next selling for either console.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    wow, so far, the PS4 is not getting favorable reviews. very surprised since these are launch games and should get people pumped up.
    The only console to have a great launch line up (as far as critical praise) was the Dreamcast.

This is normal. The excitement comes from the new machine smell, and the graphics.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    A review score is just a number. If you truly wanna know if a game is worth your time, watch videos and read impressions. I have always disliked the number system, scores are entirely subjective.

With that said, it seems the single player may be a bit weak or less than spectacular. But like any fps, I'm more focused on multiplayer. I will be playing the $#@! out of it tomorrow

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    A review score is just a number. If you truly wanna know if a game is worth your time, watch videos and read impressions. I have always disliked the number system, scores are entirely subjective.

With that said, it seems the single player may be a bit weak or less than spectacular. But like any fps, I'm more focused on multiplayer. I will be playing the $#@! out of it tomorrow
    That's one thing I have always liked about Kotaku's reviews. It's a simple yes or no. Exactly like a suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    The only console to have a great launch line up (as far as critical praise) was the Dreamcast.

This is normal. The excitement comes from the new machine smell, and the graphics.
    The Dreamcast had an amazing launch, wasn't Crazy Taxi one of the launch games? Even today it looks amazing.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post

Maybe SP is not ideal, but KZ never got free pass from the press, which absolutely ignores $#@!ty compains in BF and COD for years. And KZ always rape apart for any SP flaws

20. Likes Abdou23, Christopher likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Took a quick screenshot.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Killzone 3's plot was.. Bad. The Helghast felt a lot less threatening after Rico decided to be an imbecile and execute Visari at the end of KZ2. There is infighting and political bickering which really detracts from the experience to me. To make things worse, Sev just up and forgives Rico at the tip of a hat: "Yea, I wanted to shoot him too." -_-

In addition, of course, the Helghast\Stahl corporation develop a super weapon to use on Earth who have essentially been tyrants to the Helghast for generations. That whole plot point seemed weak to me, but I digress. So moving on, a ragtag bunch of troopers get into space and detonate it which 'accidentally' wipes out billions of people.

Billions.

Seriously? The whole thing just felt stupid to me. There had better be some serious repercussions from that Feinstein-level of stupidity in KZ:SF. Obviously the Helghast survivors have been moved to Vekta (which was rightfully theirs in the first place!) but the ISA\Earth literally committed genocide.
    As long as the game is fun, who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friendship is Carrots
    Him and most gamers.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Vulgotha explains my reasons very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha

Billions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    The KZ2 fans thought KZ3 became more generic and closer to COD.
    Killzone 2 felt heavier, slower paced and it took a good number of bullets to kill the enemy. Killzone 3 wanted to make it faster paced and easier to kill the enemy. Not only that but the Multiplayer (At least in the US) had a number of issues at launch that made it almost unplayable.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Ok so a few questions.. I'm playing Shadowfall offline right now on my PS4 because I cannot login to PSN ("down for maintenance"), naturally this means I'm doing botzone...

But I swear, the MP is like 720p. It's low rez, horribly fuzzy and has terrible pop in.

So I have a few questions.. In my settings, my output is set to "automatic" and I cannot change it to any other setting. What can I do about this? How do I know if I'm really in 1080p while in game?

Secondly, is there any kind of patch for SF once you get online with PSN?

I'm kind of shocked at how ugly the MP is on my 1920x1080p monitor. It's not sharp at all, foliage pops in from nowhere and the petrusite grenades are so pixelated I can literally count the little blocks that make them up.

Edit: Holy crap the SP is so much sharper and better looking than MP. What is going on here?? It's like an entirely different game to me.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-15-2013 at 23:07.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    So I got it and I'm floored. This game is gorgeous not to mention fun. I love how they implemented the use of the touch pad. Very responsive.

Thread Information