Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    I replaced mine as soon as I took it out of the box. Set it up in my entertainment center, plugged the USB stick to install the downloaded software update and it was ready to go.
    Did you encounter any issues that way? AS in freezes or anyhting?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Apprentice

I powered it into safe mode and went along with the process and forget what exactly it said but it needed to retry again and then it installed correctly, no freezes though.

Forum Elder
    I powered it into safe mode and went along with the process and forget what exactly it said but it needed to retry again and then it installed correctly, no freezes though.
    Your ps4 works?

I thought it was toast.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does anyone know where we would go to redownload all of our stuff after installing a new drive? I wasn't sure about getting one until I saw one on sale yesterday so I had already downloaded some add on stuff for AC4 and Battlefield. I see the dl list in the notifications menu but will that list come back after adding my psn account to a new drive? That's really the only place I see a dl list of stuff anywhere.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    I wonder is the USA 800mb file is the same one we'd need on the UK for.next week?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Your ps4 works?

I thought it was toast.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Must have me confused with someone else, mine is working and couldn't be happier with my new console.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by .DreamSta. View Post
    Does anyone know where we would go to redownload all of our stuff after installing a new drive? I wasn't sure about getting one until I saw one on sale yesterday so I had already downloaded some add on stuff for AC4 and Battlefield. I see the dl list in the notifications menu but will that list come back after adding my psn account to a new drive? That's really the only place I see a dl list of stuff anywhere.
    Hey there if you go to this website (it's sony's) and login in with your PSN information you can click send download to PS4 and it will start downloading within seconds on you system. I had to do this with my Call of Duty Ghosts DLC.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...n-us/home/main
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by vudumonkey25 View Post
    Hey there if you go to this website (it's sony's) and login in with your PSN information you can click send download to PS4 and it will start downloading within seconds on you system. I had to do this with my Call of Duty Ghosts DLC.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...n-us/home/main
    Can you do this via the PS App too? With existing purchases I mean.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The app brings you to the same website, but it's mobile version. I can't seem to navigate to the download list the way I could on the computer. So in answer to your question I'm unsure.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    You can do this from the PS App, if you go to the item that you bought there is a button for Download to PS4. However, the way that makes sense doesn't work. Going to download history just shows your games and their expiration date.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    You can do this from the PS App, if you go to the item that you bought there is a button for Download to PS4. However, the way that makes sense doesn't work. Going to download history just shows your games and their expiration date.
    Nice! Good looks.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    I wonder is the USA 800mb file is the same one we'd need on the UK for.next week?

Exactly the same one, firmware is universal worldwide... a recent 1.51 update was released yesterday which now makes the file around 900mb, fixes all the bugs US PS4 owners have experienced and pretty much makes the UK/EUR/AUS/NZ launch as smooth as can be... I'd recommend downloading the large file if you plan on doing a HDD upgrade on day one like I do.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    Vudumonkey--how is that Seagate Hybrid Drive working for you now?...have you noticed if you've gained any speed or anything from upgrading to the hybrid drive?

very interested to know as this is the same drive I was looking at upgrading to in the coming month or so.

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Ancient
    Can you use a external USB HDD to install firmware? Shouldn't be any difference to a USB stick should there except size?
    Or do you have to use a USB stick?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sryche22 View Post
    Vudumonkey--how is that Seagate Hybrid Drive working for you now?...have you noticed if you've gained any speed or anything from upgrading to the hybrid drive?

very interested to know as this is the same drive I was looking at upgrading to in the coming month or so.
    Drive is working just great. I'm not to sure if there is a difference tho because I've only used the system with that drive in it. So currently all I know is I have a TB. A few friends will bring there system by in the coming weeks and I attempt to do some test booting games up and installing them. See if I notice a difference.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by vudumonkey25 View Post
    Drive is working just great. I'm not to sure if there is a difference tho because I've only used the system with that drive in it. So currently all I know is I have a TB. A few friends will bring there system by in the coming weeks and I attempt to do some test booting games up and installing them. See if I notice a difference.
    I'd think boots would be faster, since the HD should have learned that by now.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    First thing I did too, was to change the HDD to a 1TB hybrid. The stock 500gb HDD is practically unused.

Benchmarks online were enough to convince me to go for the SSHD.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quick note to all those about to change, make sure you ahve the recovery FW (the ~800MB one) in a FAT32 USB no more than 2gb (to be safe).

My PS4 wouldn't recognise my 16gb or 3.7gb ones. Had to reformat/partition one of them to be less than 2gb.

Superior Member

Went to download the firmware to upgrade my hard drive but when I click the link to download it I just get a white page full of jibberish. Hopefully it will get fixed because it would be nice to get my new hdd in the PS4.

Superior Member

Found out I couldn't use Safari to download the firmware...I had to use my laptop which had firefox.

Side note....installed the Seagate 1tb hybrid drive into my ps4.....thinking it would mildly cut loading times....and when loading games and levels i thought man this doesn't seem any faster....sure i knew it would only maybe be 10-30 secs faster....then tested against my brothers and my ps4 loads 4 secs slower than the stock one...so I'm not too sure about the hybrid drives helping any....luckily i got it for $80 but it was kinda disappointing.

Thread Information