PSU Live Streamer

ShepardGames - NA

About Me

I live in Canada, born in 1980. My first console was the Atari 7800, so I've been a gamer since about the age of 6. 27 years of gaming...yeesh, has it been so long. After my trusty Atari, I moved into the Nintendo generation. Gamed on the NES for nearly the entirety of it's life cycle. After that I ran the mile in the Nintendo brand for a while, picking up the SNES and the N64. I really had no intention on ever leaving their brand. I remember hearing Sony was trying to muscle in on the console industry and I chuckled. As an avid Nintendo gamer the magazine pictures of Battle Arena Toshinden made me laugh. But then it all changed the day I heard Final Fantasy was leaving my console of choice for good and going over to the PSX. And it was then that my loyalties changed to Sony and haven't changed since. PSX, PS2, PS3 and now the PS4. I've grown up with them all and haven't looked back.

I'm a one console kind of guy, always have been. My alternate gaming platform is my PC. So when it comes to my purchasing decision with regards to what console I'll get next, I weigh the options of my competitors and pick the one that fits my gaming needs the most.

Gaming Interests

When it comes to anything multimedia I'm pretty well rounded. I like most genres of music, I'll give most TV shows and movies their fair shot. And games are really no different, I'll play pretty much anything. I'm not a sim racer fan, I prefer arcade racers. Don't play many sports games and my interests in FPS games have been diminishing as years have gone by. And though I was once a heavy fan of jrpgs back in the psx era. These days I enjoy action adventure titles and open-world sandbox games the most. But I dabble in a little bit of everything.

I play single player modes primarily when it comes to console gaming. Growing up I was used to having an offline console experience and an online pc experience, so I've always maintained that trend...though I've been slowly breaking out of that mold during the ps3 era.

Not much of a trophy guy to be honest, however when I find a game that grabs me then suddenly finding all the hidden stuff and exploring every inch becomes a joy and if it gets me more trophies than I otherwise would get....so be it.

I spent the majority of the ps3 generation hooked on World of Warcraft, and in turn missed out of some great titles. I've been frantically spending the past year getting caught up on games I missed out on and have been doing a decent job of it. But if you see me playing a title and I mention I didn't play the previous ones in the series...thats why.

Streaming

I've never attempted to stream gameplay to the internet before. I'll do my best to engage the audience and I hope the viewers find some kind of entertainment from my channel. I suspect my stream times might be a bit all over the time table as I figure out what works best for me and my family. But for PS4 launch weekend I'll be front and center, streaming for hours on end as I've got a 4 day weekend all lined up.

To start with, I plan to be streaming AC4 primarily as I'm most stoked for that. I'm probably going to try and 100% that game. While playing that I may mix in some resogun from time to time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by shepard; 11-14-2013 at 00:18.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    DiscoMcDisco
    Hooray, AC4 Buddies!

I'll be starting from scratch on PS4 so I'll watch along in case you find stuff I miss

PSU Live Streamer
    Indeed!
    That game is really exciting to me...might even buy a bottle of rum tonight to go along with it lol.

edit:
    my concerns regarding the up speed I'm getting through my ISP are growing. This could be the shortest streaming career ever lol...But I'm hoping for the best. Friday morning will be my big test run. Wish me luck!

PSU Live Streamer
    Are you guys ready for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag....

...I am

5. Likes FireSol likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    I'll be going live today at about 10am cst....which is roughly 10mins from now. Stay tuned.

PSU Live Streamer
    Streaming for about an hour or so, come join me!

PSU Live Streamer
    Broadcasting Thief gameplay from now till whatever comes up. Come check it out!

Link below!
    Last edited by shepard; 02-25-2014 at 22:48.

Forum Elder
    I'll be on as soon as I get home

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    I've got some tech in the mail that'll help "improve the quality" of my streams
    Hoping to get it in time for MGS:GZ launch, but might not make it.

PSU Live Streamer
    Starting to broadcast MGS:GZ now, head to my twitch channel in the link located in my sig!

Thread Information