Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    Yeah but on top of that do you realize how many individuals are making these claims, and somehow some way each of the claims are similar. Meaning the issue is recorded on the internet very similar and place through out the internet on the various sites. Its like someone is copying and pasting the same content on every major and minor site. If I am not mistaken, we even have one of the complaints in this same thread from someone. The other day I was looking at Sony's forums because they made a thread regarding how to fix the issue and I noticed something very odd or maybe it was just me. Most of the users complaining, recently created their accounts on 11/15/2003. Very odd if you ask me. I think the are a few players out there, I mean trolls that are spreading FUD. I also like how most people are taking the Amazon thing as fact when most people should know, that any one can be a certified buyer or whatever it is called on Amazon without actually purchasing anything. Its a glitch that Amazon needs to fix. I panicked earlier before I received the console, but with my extra warranty, I really do not care. If it is true and I happen to the bastard that has one, you won't see me on the internet complaining. I will be trying to figure out how to get a replacement.
    I was in no way, saying they were valid or not - obviously a good number of them will be, and a number of them won't be. But that's not the point. The point is, the message (whether wholly true/untrue) is out there already.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    10 pages of people saying don't panic.

I see your Corporal Jones and raise you a Private Fraser..

3. Likes mynd , victorijapoosp likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I was in no way, saying they were valid or not - obviously a good number of them will be, and a number of them won't be. But that's not the point. The point is, the message (whether wholly true/untrue) is out there already.
    Sorry, wasn't implying that you were. I actually agreed with everything you said, I think I included extra commentary because I saw your post as an outlet to release some frustration that has been building since the claims have been made against the PS4. I know some of the claims are valid, such as the fan issue and others actually showing their system not working, but some of the complaints are just rehashed. Sad that it is getting to this but this is what the internet does.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Figured I'd slap this in here, since I dont think it warrants a new thread:

So I'm considering covering my behind by getting an extended warranty (for once) even though I'm worried about it, but I'm rather confused by PlayStations wording.
    On there site they have this:
    "Who is eligible to purchase these new service plans?
    • The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days."

but on the PlayStation Store it says:
    "To purchase the Non-Accidental Damage PlayStation®Protection Plan, you must have purchased your new console within the last 30 days. The PlayStation®Protection Plan is effective from the date of purchase of your console a total of 36 months. Valid proof of purchase is required."

so do any of you know which one it is? (I think this is the only extended warranty available to me after purchase)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Fellow PS4 users, I made a post earlier about getting a faulty console from Amazon, I did get to play it for a bit before it died so I did set it up with my PSN ID from my PS3 and PS Vita. There is a chance that I can swap out the unit at a local Sony store, my question is that if I already setup the broken console am I going to be able to setup up a new console (provided that I can swap it out) under my PSN ID?
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    Fellow PS4 users, I made a post earlier about getting a faulty console from Amazon, I did get to play it for a bit before it died so I did set it up with my PSN ID from my PS3 and PS Vita. There is a chance that I can swap out the unit at a local Sony store, my question is that if I already setup the broken console am I going to be able to setup up a new console (provided that I can swap it out) under my PSN ID?
    Yeah, you can have multiple consoles, you'll just have to set the new one as the primary one.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    Yeah, you can have multiple consoles, you'll just have to set the new one as the primary one.
    you ninja posting bastard! lol
    anyways, what this guy said.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

9. Likes atomicnuke likes this post
    Superior Member
    Dude, for your next episode, a new idea thread should be started. I can come up with some tastefully twisted ammo for you and your viewers.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Thanks for the info, I am going up to the Sony Store tonight after work, wish me luck on getting it swapped out for a new one.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Thanks for the info, I am going up to the Sony Store tonight after work, wish me luck on getting it swapped out for a new one.
    GOOD LUCK WISH!

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice

Good luck man and I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get the new one.

--Edit---

@Knot: Now who is the ninja?

Superior Member
    If it's like the PS3 and "activating" the system (and I'm guessing it is) you'll probably have to call Sony Customer support to Deactivate the dead PS4 before being able to activate the new one. I had to to that with My PS3 that died on me so I could activate my new one. (the new one wouldn't play any movies from the PS store or downloaded games)

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I feel for the people who got screwed. I know at least two people who has issues with theirs. Thank goodness for warranties. I'm so glad i decided to wait till next year.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I feel for the people who got screwed. I know at least two people who has issues with theirs. Thank goodness for warranties. I'm so glad i decided to wait till next year.
    You are not buying your X1 till next year?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

17. Likes TheBreezyBB , snooper71, PS4freak likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    How did they get "screwed"? Did SONY refuse to replace their defective units?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You are not buying your X1 till next year?
    I laughed!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm still curious too hear the numbers on the amount of consoles that are defective. I still have a feeling this is mostly a case of the internet being the internet.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I'd say anyone who got a defective console got screwed. I'm not sure about how or when they will get them replaced. I know I would be pissed if it happened to me.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

I laughed!
    If anyone buys a product and its defective, especially when its new out of the box whether it will be replaced or not you got screwed.. You bought a defective product.

In the case of the PS4, you paid $400 for a defective product and who knows what the timetable is on when you'd be able to get a replacement for it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    If anyone buys a product and its defective, especially when its new out of the box whether it will be replaced or not you got screwed.. You bought a defective product.

In the case of the PS4, you paid $400 for a defective product and who knows what the timetable is on when you'd be able to get a replacement for it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I don't know any other way to look at it. They got your money and you got a defective product. I know it happens but it's an inconvenience that would leave anyone sort of pissed.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I would say unfortunate not screwed. Screwed would be if they bought it and it wasn't replaced. Which isn't going to happen. Do these people have a right to be pissed, yes. But they were not screwed over in any way.

24. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Veteran
    I say if I bought a PS4 for $400, it was defective and I had to wait a week to get my prepaid shipping box to send it to Sony just to wait another couple weeks to a couple months for them to get it and send me a replacement, I was scrwed.

It happens. I understand that, but that doesn't make it any better. That's $400 out of my pocket with nothing to show for it for an undisclosed amount of time.

Imagine if it were an Xmas gift. You wouldn't feel screwed giving your kid/niece/nephew or whatever a broken PS4 on Xmas?
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-19-2013 at 06:42.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Guru
    You also have the choice of returning it and getting your money back. It's not like there are no options.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    You also have the choice of returning it and getting your money back. It's not like there are no options.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Well good news and bad......
    Took my PS4 to the Sony Store and they hooked it up and it seem to work just fine, played Knack on it for about 10-15 mins and did the demo for Playroom, everything seemed to be going good. So boxed it back up and took it back home. The sales guy that helped me said that if it has anymore problems to come back and they will swap it out.
    Got it back home, started a Blu-ray on it while having some dinner and let it run for about an hour. So far so good.....then I exited the movie via the PS button and I was going to setup my PSN ID again and then it started to do the problem again. Screen flickered and it went black, screen flickered a few more times and seemed to stay on, but the controller had turned itself off, tried to hook the controller back up to the PS4 and then it just shut itself down. And not the proper shutdown but just turned off.
    Luckily I had gotten the card of the sales guy at Sony and called him real quick, he is holding a unit for me to swap out with tomorrow. Definitely something wrong with the one I got but it seems to take about an hour of use before it rears its ugly head.

side note: while in the store there was two other guys with defective units both from Amazon, just like me, the guys in the store said that the only defects they have seen are from Amazon and not a single one that was sold in the store itself. So either a bad batch got shipped to Amazon; or Amazon's packaging wasn't sufficient enough to keep the system safe during transport.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Well good news and bad......
    Took my PS4 to the Sony Store and they hooked it up and it seem to work just fine, played Knack on it for about 10-15 mins and did the demo for Playroom, everything seemed to be going good. So boxed it back up and took it back home. The sales guy that helped me said that if it has anymore problems to come back and they will swap it out.
    Got it back home, started a Blu-ray on it while having some dinner and let it run for about an hour. So far so good.....then I exited the movie via the PS button and I was going to setup my PSN ID again and then it started to do the problem again. Screen flickered and it went black, screen flickered a few more times and seemed to stay on, but the controller had turned itself off, tried to hook the controller back up to the PS4 and then it just shut itself down. And not the proper shutdown but just turned off.
    Luckily I had gotten the card of the sales guy at Sony and called him real quick, he is holding a unit for me to swap out with tomorrow. Definitely something wrong with the one I got but it seems to take about an hour of use before it rears its ugly head.

side note: while in the store there was two other guys with defective units both from Amazon, just like me, the guys in the store said that the only defects they have seen are from Amazon and not a single one that was sold in the store itself. So either a bad batch got shipped to Amazon; or Amazon's packaging wasn't sufficient enough to keep the system safe during transport.
    I hope so for me.

Thread Information