Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 212
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Such a shame some people have faulty systems. .I don't have mine yet but genuinely feel for them.

I'd like to know. The obes with faults were they in store purchase or online via amazon etc?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    You also have the choice of returning it and getting your money back. It's not like there are no options.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk
    Someones kid's Xmas present still breaks. Hell, mom/dad will prob blame them for doing "something" to it too. Lol. Still screwed...

Sorry to hear Flumbooze. Glad they had one to put aside for you tho and you don't have to wait out another batch. It does appear that All the defective PS4s I've heard about are either from Amazon or the Taco Bell give away.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-19-2013 at 08:45.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    Well good news and bad......
    Took my PS4 to the Sony Store and they hooked it up and it seem to work just fine, played Knack on it for about 10-15 mins and did the demo for Playroom, everything seemed to be going good. So boxed it back up and took it back home. The sales guy that helped me said that if it has anymore problems to come back and they will swap it out.
    Got it back home, started a Blu-ray on it while having some dinner and let it run for about an hour. So far so good.....then I exited the movie via the PS button and I was going to setup my PSN ID again and then it started to do the problem again. Screen flickered and it went black, screen flickered a few more times and seemed to stay on, but the controller had turned itself off, tried to hook the controller back up to the PS4 and then it just shut itself down. And not the proper shutdown but just turned off.
    Luckily I had gotten the card of the sales guy at Sony and called him real quick, he is holding a unit for me to swap out with tomorrow. Definitely something wrong with the one I got but it seems to take about an hour of use before it rears its ugly head.

side note: while in the store there was two other guys with defective units both from Amazon, just like me, the guys in the store said that the only defects they have seen are from Amazon and not a single one that was sold in the store itself. So either a bad batch got shipped to Amazon; or Amazon's packaging wasn't sufficient enough to keep the system safe during transport.
    that sucks that the problem didnt show up so u could go ahead and get a new one, but at least they are letting you swap it out.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post

side note: while in the store there was two other guys with defective units both from Amazon, just like me, the guys in the store said that the only defects they have seen are from Amazon and not a single one that was sold in the store itself. So either a bad batch got shipped to Amazon; or Amazon's packaging wasn't sufficient enough to keep the system safe during transport.
    Yeah, Amazon's packaging was pretty lame. They use a box that's probably 18 inches tall, and set the ps4 directly on the bottom of the box and then put a bunch of air bags on top of it. Seems like they should have put a layer of cushion on the bottom and then the ps4 then more cushioning. Those packages can take quite a beating.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    If there were a 1% defect rate, Neogaf would have exploded and there would have been screaming and crying to high heaven.

HAS NOT HAPPENED.

In fact, the thread for failure reports is 11 pages and the launch unit thread is over 200 pages of mostly praising or being amazed with the PS4.

There are a few units failing. Most sound like the hard drive connector coming loose through shipping or some HDMI cable issue. Power supplies can just die.

The anti-Sony camp has failed in trying to promote this as disastrous FUD, and they have failed because their false claims are failing to materialize.

At least we can finally see next week if the rumors about the eSRAM cooking a spot on the XBone APU die have any validity.
    Yeah, ~10.000 DOA consoles, I was expecting a torrent of reports! What had happened guys??

Tapatalk

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ultimate combo. trolls + bitter dudes who got brick for launch and felt the need to spread his pain.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    i think I can put this in here. anyway I haven't had any real problems out of my ps4 but I have had a weird occurrence. every now and then I'll bring it out of standby mode and turn my tv on and it'll stay black. I'll cycle through the inputs on my tv and come back to Hdmi and then it'll show up. weird?

moving on Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    i think I can put this in here. anyway I haven't had any real problems out of my ps4 but I have had a weird occurrence. every now and then I'll bring it out of standby mode and turn my tv on and it'll stay black. I'll cycle through the inputs on my tv and come back to Hdmi and then it'll show up. weird?

moving on Tapatalk
    That happens to me on occasion with my ps3, directv, not yet ps4.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

moving on Tapatalk
    Its your tv's hdmi port.... Mine does that too once in a while no matter what device I am using....Sometimes it drops sound as well.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Its your tv's hdmi port.... Mine does that too once in a while no matter what device I am using....Sometimes it drops sound as well.
    well that sucks. I never used my Hdmi port until now

moving on Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    well that sucks. I never used my Hdmi port until now

moving on Tapatalk
    You get used to it because it doesn't happen often and all you have to do is paused your game and then jump out of your hdmi input and back in and it is fixed. Love that input button saves me a bunch of frustration LOL

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    You get used to it because it doesn't happen often and all you have to do is paused your game and then jump out of your hdmi input and back in and it is fixed. Love that input button saves me a bunch of frustration LOL
    right I did do that and it worked. however the past couple (ok like 10 lol) times I've played I have no problem if I bring my ps4 out of standby mode and wait about 30 seconds to turn my tv on.

moving on Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Currently my KZ game isn't working (disc) Get an error "Cannot start the application" error code (E-80F00800) Everything else seems fine (playing DVD, Blu-ray, digital games etc...)

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Veteran
    Yeah, 1% would be 10,000 but there aren't any indicators it is even close to that. Even in the Amazon reviews, the number of 5 stars keeps increasing and the one star have not moved much at all, with still a large majority of those 1 stars from people that are not Amazon Verified Purchase.

The few that had problems were being played up to the hilt the first few days but the actual failures failed to meet the inflated failure reports, so the hype train fizzled.

Now, it looks like there was a good reason to try to hype PS4 hardware failures. The XBO is experiencing multiple hardware failures that sound far more serious than the few PS4 types of problems. The XBO is already chewing up game disks and there are other hardware problems showing up -- already. Seems like we will see tomorrow and the day after how this turns out. Too bad the PS4 failure hype train derailed early, now all the focus will be on the XBO.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Early ps4 hardware issues

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Currently my KZ game isn't working (disc) Get an error "Cannot start the application" error code (E-80F00800) Everything else seems fine (playing DVD, Blu-ray, digital games etc...)
    $#@! $#@! that sucks dude. I just checked my digital and it's working. anything in troubleshooting in that code/disc drive?
    EDIT: possible finger print/dirty disc?

moving on Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm pretty sure that was the same error I got when my PS4 froze on day one. I uninstalled and it still gave me the error. I'm pretty sure the install was corrupt. Only fix I found through trial and error was reformatting unfortunately. All has been well since.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was the same error I got when my PS4 froze on day one. I uninstalled and it still gave me the error. I'm pretty sure the install was corrupt. Only fix I found through trial and error was reformatting unfortunately. All has been well since.
    seems to me like that would happen more with digital than disc. stupid thought?

moving on Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    $#@! $#@! that sucks dude. I just checked my digital and it's working. anything in troubleshooting in that code/disc drive?
    EDIT: possible finger print/dirty disc?

moving on Tapatalk
    I put my disc in day one and haven't removed it since. Played well until the FW update. SONY needs to make it easier to tell the save data and game data apart. I'll wait it out a bit and see if the issue spreads and they come up with a fix, if not, I'll bite the bullet and delete everything.

Looking through the official forums and can't find what the error code is.

Next Gen top picks:

Veteran
    Was picking up my brothers XB1 from gamestop at midnight. Im kool with the people who work there but scoffed abit at the tactics they decided to use when pushing their console warranties.

"Are you sure you don't want to purchase the warranty for your XB1? We don't know for sure yet of any potential defect which may present themselves to the system. The PS4 just came out last week and it seems 1 out of every 200 PS4s appear to have defective HDMI port.".......

Seriously? Come on now... O_o
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-22-2013 at 12:58.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    In which case the product would be covered by the manufacturers warranty anyway.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

21. Likes Malt likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Deleted the 3xGb file then reinstalled everything, works fine now. I must have had a corrupted file (internet hickup, psn issues etc..)

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Deleted the 3xGb file then reinstalled everything, works fine now. I must have had a corrupted file (internet hickup, psn issues etc..)

Glad you got it sorted out pain free.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

good to see you got her running again, even if I was WAAAAY off lol

moving on Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    That could explain my situation at the beginning. If I turn on the ps4 first and then flip to the hdmi, blank/black screen. If I flip to hdmi first and then turn on the ps4, it works. -knocks on wood-

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I put my disc in day one and haven't removed it since. Played well until the FW update. SONY needs to make it easier to tell the save data and game data apart. I'll wait it out a bit and see if the issue spreads and they come up with a fix, if not, I'll bite the bullet and delete everything.

Looking through the official forums and can't find what the error code is.
    One data is call games data the other saved data... For $#@! sakes they are in to different files even in the storage section in settings.

Thread Information