Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Could you even do the day-one update? Because I'm thinking since PS4 will play games without the update we may just cancel out of the update prompt and play some games until things settle down. Network connection will be more of an issue next Friday when my XOne is delivered, as it won't even play games, or really do much of anything apparently, without the day one update. But if we can play PS4 disc games I can wait for the PS4 update. On the other hand, if the update part is easy to do over the network, then I'll just go ahead and let it update.
    Hell, I just need a new PS3 firmware that lets me play PS2 games wirelessly , i'm working on Megaman Collection darnit!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    i just went home for my lunch break from work to play a little and i was still logged in to PSN and i hopped on COD multiplayer for a couple of matches. everything was smooth and snappy! i didn't experience any lag and i must say the 2 maps i played were fun.

No problem doing the system update, no problem playing BF and AC, but logging in to PSN just results in "Please wait..."

I'm sure it'll be fine later tonight.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    I updated my PS4 with the day one update with no problems, played a few rounds of BF4, downloaded War Thunder..

...then I woke up and realised it will be at least another 2 weeks before I get my hands on my new machine..

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I haven't played much multiplayer today, but it was working fine at 2 or 3 in the morning.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I'm a victim of the ps4 error E-82F001F8. I figured by now the PSN would be open with the overnight gamers napping!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I still have not gotten onto PSN. I downloaded the firmware onto a USB drive so I was set there.

Do we need to get signed in with PSN before we can access NetFlix, or am I just getting old and can't find the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Dado View Post
    Do we need to get signed in with PSN before we can access NetFlix, or am I just getting old and can't find the app?
    If it's like ps3 you have to download it from ps store so you'll need to sign in to access it

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    No sweat. I figure half the people on PSU today will have been up all night with their North American midnight launch PS4s. Another third will probably be newly registered trolls. Man, there are gonna be some crazy forum fights today.
    Sheesh tell me about it I slept 2 and 1/2 hours last night still running on adrenaline. I am going to clean my set up room squeaking clean, set it up and update, take a nap then wake up to some Killzone and 2K14 in a couple hours.

11. Likes Christopher likes this post
    PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    i guess the ps4 has it's own servers. i can log on with the ps3, i can log on with the vita. but ps4? no, no, no. it's driving me nuts.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    i guess the ps4 has it's own servers. i can log on with the ps3, i can log on with the vita. but ps4? no, no, no. it's driving me nuts.
    Tried again and got the message that SEN is down for maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I updated my day one fw with USB stick, I can't sign in to psn. But I was able to get an IP address .
    They said Monday or try resetting your router and modem

I'm getting error code NW-31194-8.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I think they are having launch issues but they don't seem horrible ones. Annoying is more like it

tapatalk post

Getting all kinds of different errors here trying to log in, probably just servers that are overloaded with everyone trying to get online, hopefully will be able to get on sometime later tonight. And I would say if you can log in to ps3/vita etc. doubtful it's your home network settings.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Yeah. Took me two tries to log in with my PSN account during setup and now it's taking forever to confirm the accepted PS+ 30 day trial code. Can't back out of it and try again. Just have to wait it out. I hope I'm not still saying that at midnight.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    Sheesh tell me about it I slept 2 and 1/2 hours last night still running on adrenaline. I am going to clean my set up room squeaking clean, set it up and update, take a nap then wake up to some Killzone and 2K14 in a couple hours.
    lol.....your last 24 hours sound EXACTLY like mine including cleaning the room and getting it ready for the PS4. My wife I said was "nesting".
    Last edited by Christopher; 11-16-2013 at 01:11.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

20. Likes sanfordmay, vinny_pizza79 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I finally been able to create a second profile/psn account and it asked me to pick a membership, I already used that on my main account. Oh and it also asked me if I wanted to make that account the main account lol. wtf.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol.....your last 24 hours sound EXACTLY like mine including cleaning the room and getting it ready for the PS4. My wife I said was "nesting".
    I got up at 3 this morning and had to wait until 5 this afternoon for UPS to deliver it. Then the wifi panic. Now I'm playing a game. I don't know what the game is called but I think it's a mood piece. You enter a code for a 30 day PS+ trial and then watch these animated wait bars light up after you hit confirm. At least there's a soundtrack. But it's kind of repetitive. I wish it would finish or throw an error already. It's been half an hour.

My wife is on a night shift. She'll get home later and ask me how great it is and collapse laughing when I tell her I have no idea, I'm still waiting for my PSN account to finishing setting up for the new system.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I finally been able to create a second profile/psn account and it asked me to pick a membership, I already used that on my main account. Oh and it also asked me if I wanted to make that account the main account lol. wtf.
    Oh don't tell me it's going to be like this for every account. I thought it was just dealing with PS+ trial code confirmation.

I finally got connected to PSN. Got most of the way through the log-in, set up PSN etc. Now at what might be the last step it's stuck on "Please wait..." and won't even let me out with the "PS" button.

I'm just going to power cycle it and see what happens...

EDIT1: Seems to have made progress. Netlfix App now coming in.

EDIT2: Bloody hell, app installed but won't run due to "license" issue. Assuming this is due to Netflix app being unable to ping PSN.

EDIT3: Same "license" error with NHL GameCentre...sigh...
    Last edited by Dado; 11-16-2013 at 02:02.

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    i was able to connect to the network a couple hours ago Dled a couple f2p games and played a couple rounds of BF4 then i shut off my ps4 now i keep getting this error code (E-80411302) can't even use the browers becuase it says i need to connect to the internet

UPDATE: it seems that i can connect using a LAN so idk whats wrong maybe i got a faulty wifi card
    Last edited by DuckNation; 11-16-2013 at 02:46.

Seems to be coming back to life now. BF4 update is in. PSN is up. PS+ is working, "free" games coming in. BF4 multiplayer is working.

Still no NetFlix, which I think is the last piece of the puzzle, at least at my end.

Thread Information