Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Question... my real name is showing up for me??

I have it set to my PSN ID and not my real name, but I see it all the time. I sent a message and I can see my real name, whereas the other persons PSN ID is showing. At the main screen, I can see my avatar and my real name.
    Is that how it is, or have I messed something up?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You're usually the guy answering questions like that, F34R, not asking them.

I'm not too sure. Send me a message and I'll let you know what I see. cand3js
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I sent the message. I'm wondering if it's because I didn't activate the system as my primary one.

Superior Member
    I had the same irritating problem. I immediately went into profile settings and simply changed my real name to a pseudonym. So far I'm really off-put by how invasive the PS4 is. Get out of my business!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    HAve you linked your facebook?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    HAve you linked your facebook?
    Nope, made sure I didn't do that. Messages others see aren't with my real name. I wonder about the activity feed.. I can see my name, but can others?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    It does not show your real name on the PS4. I did send you a request so that I can see it though.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Send me a message and I'll check and see how it looks in the iPhone app. That should indicate system-wide PSN display. Activating as primary should only have to do with who can play your game content on the PS4 without you having to be logged in and your account the one that first starts the game and/or content. It shouldn't affect how your name is displayed.

P.S. You can change it as to your primary console, though. Sony says PS4 activations, primary or otherwise, will not count against already activated PS3s. You will not lose either of your two content-sharing PS3 activations by activating a PS4 as primary. Per Sony.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    well fear ur offline on the ps3 but online on my phone PS app

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    It pulls your name from your psn account, regardless you are the only one that can see it. If you want a custom avatar, link to your Facebook.

Add YoungMullah88, real names required

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apprentice

So false alarm it's only viewable by you and doesn't really show? What steps did you take to make sure it doesn't show your name? Headed home and about to hook it up dont want my full name shown either
    Last edited by vnmus; 11-15-2013 at 19:44.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I do not like this $#@! AT ALL. Doesn't say my Handle on this $#@!. It just shows my government and I don't like it even though I have it clicked on handle on. I don't give a damn if I can only view on my system, I don't like that $#@! being plastered at all. KILL THIS NOISE, SONY!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    I had the same irritating problem. I immediately went into profile settings and simply changed my real name to a pseudonym. So far I'm really off-put by how invasive the PS4 is. Get out of my business!
    welcome to game sharing bud lol. and every other tech thing nowadays that syncs with other social media

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Totally gonna necro this because it really pisses me off.

Is the only way to the Real NAme that shows on your own PS4, by changing your Profile name to a pseudonym? (i know it doesnt show to other people... not worried about that... i just want my console to be my Playstation ID SomaXD. I game as a way to escape my real life... i dont want to be constantly reminded im an actual person when i get trophies. (the trophy notifications show your name... not PSN ID.... WHY!!!????????)

I ask because i dont want to look at my name on my console... i want it to just show my PSNID - SomaXD

The fact that it makes you enter a first and last is equally infuriating... because if i could just enter a first OR last... id just change the name from Sean to SomaXD

As it stands... i made my name: SomaXD PSN but it looks clunky and dumb... has sony done anything about this since the consoles release?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Yeah, dumb that they put your real name like you don't know who you are. As for requiring first and last name, will it let you enter a first name and just a space for last name so it's not "clunky"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Well, I don't really feel bothered by it but I don't instantly get the actual use of it... If people add eachother, they're pretty sure to have the correct PSN-ID, so there's no need to have a name in there to be sure you add the right guy, no..? :c

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Real name request, I could get that. You meet so many people that real names do help, but on my home screen just put may PSN tag and that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thread Information