Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member

Didn't Sony say PS3 headsets would work on PS4?

Maybe I am just messing it up somehow but my PS4 is not recognizing my Wireless Stereo Headset.

I saw something online that said 1.50 would fixing gaming headset problems.

Anyone else having issues or found a work around?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They do, you have to plug it into the controller and change audio settings

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    AlphaSixInsight
    Wired headsets are supported.

Wireless headsets are not yet configurable.

Not until 1.60 OS update.

Elite Member
    Mine is a blue tooth one. How do I plug my headset into the controller as a usb?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Anyone know if the sony pulse 7.1 headset works with 1.50?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaSixInsight View Post

Has there been any word on when that will be released?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    Yup it dis that's what I'm using. Make sure the headset is off

PSN ID
    AquaInferno
    Has anyone tried the P11? Does that work on PS4?

Edit: Just got home and tried. They do but the setup is weird since the audio out and usb are so close I need an extension for usb. Amazon time!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AquaInferno; 11-15-2013 at 21:24.

PSN ID
    ArkanSlayer
    Anyone know if the Turtle Beach X11s will work? I have it from my xbox.

Apprentice
    /CoolStoryBro time!

Remember while reading that this is in SE Michigan. The American economic crisis had been in the area WELL before it hit the rest of the country. What happened to the rest of America in 2008 was what the general Detroit/SE Michigan area had been in since Bush took office. A job above minimum wage was rare to find and the area itself had an unemployment rate hovering around 30% (still do). I was lucky to have a decent paying job but where I went to in this story and the area itself at night is just not the safest of places. Ok, CSB time.
    ================================================== ============================================
    Absolutely buying a PS4 (not a fanboy but just prefer Sony products and their overall outlook on gaming) but I think I'll wait even longer than last gen this time. I would have bought a launch day PS3 if I could have but the stock was low. On Dec 29th of 2006 I randomly called some stores after work (about Midnight) expecting to hear the "nope, still out" reply. Few stores that carry consoles are open 24 hours here so it was basically down to Wal-Mart and Meijer. Wal-Mart gave a solid and almost tired "no and we don't know when we'll get more in". I almost didn't try but when I called our local Meijer (Mid-high level grocery/general goods store for those not in USA) the media department worker said "uh...yeah.....we have one PS3 but it's the high end model, the 60GB model. We have just one and got it off the truck an hour ago."

I was at Meijer in 20 mins and it takes 15 to drive there, lol. Sadly, I had to pay up front instead of in the back media area and I had tons of people mumbling about how I would pay so much, etc. One lady had her roughly 12 year old son with her and he honestly almost started crying. I felt HORRIBLE. The Mother had to explain that it's just too much money and with the crowd now surrounding me as I whip out a wad of cash I made the hasty decision to claim that it wasn't for me and could care less about gaming (lol). I had no game with me and said things like "He'll have to get his own games, etc" and I didn't even say who "he" was, lol. It was a mess. Worse yet, I now had to walk DEEP into a pretty dark parking lot with about 20 people all knowing I not only have a $650 PS3 on me (with tax) but a wad of cash still on me in case I wanted a few games but they literally had zero PS3 games. I straight up had my keys between my fingers ready to fend off the wolves, haha.

I get to my car with only a group of 3 older guys yelling out that I was crazy for spending that much on a gaming console and a very rough looking guy offering me $250 for it (LOL). He clearly didn't even have that and seemed drunk so I literally ignored him, kept walking and he genuinely said that I was lucky he didn't just take it from me (!). Add that to my natural personal buyers remorse and it was bittersweet. I can and have given out gifts and loans )that essentially ended up being gifts) that dwarf the cost of that PS3 with little to zero remorse. Yet, I buy myself a new T-shirt and I have buyers guilt for days. So, I get home with the console and head right back out to Wal-Mart to get a game or two (wasn't going to risk leaving it in the car for safety and weather). I grab Resistance and COD 3 (when COD was epic WW2 awesomeness, IMO) and loved it. Grabbed some demos and my jaw just dropped as the visuals......using a non-HD TV and component cables! LOL. I had component cables from my PS2 and taking my PS3/cable to a co-workers house on his HDTV floored me again. I had to get an HDTV. Went out and bought a 32'' Samsung that is/has been great but probably costs $200 now for $800. I also grabbed an HDMI cord and my next game was the first Uncharted. I crapped brix, lol. That was when my buyers guilt for the PS3 went away. The HDTV gave me little as I needed a new one since my tiny CRT TV was not only a tiny CRT TV (lol) but it was breaking.

Now, back to the point of this tale: I'm going to wait it out this time. I debated trying to get one this morning at a "first come, first serve" store but the ones in town that I called at 9:05am all laughingly said they sold out the second they opened up. Had I grabbed one, I probably would have just flipped it on Ebay for a small profit (I know, d*ck move). The point of the story was WHEN I bought my first PS3 and it was, purely out of luck, late 2006 and a few months post launch. My trusty 60GB held firm until December of 2011. It YLOD on me while playing Fallout: New Vegas. The disc is still in the console and I have yet to even try to fix it, get it fixed or open it up. I hear this is a good thing as I'm debating a reballing service and the man claims unopened/untampered Fat YLOD PS3s are a tough but almost guaranteed fix that will make it as close to purchase condition as possible. I got roughly 5 years of play time (sometimes heavy but not from myself as I'd go to work and my younger brother would play Oblivion for 8 straight hours, nieces and nephews on it for hours at gatherings, etc). Sad it is dead but I bought a 320GB Move bundle new and on sale for about $370 after taxes. It's the console I use now.

Why I will probably even wait until after the Holiday re-stocks is that I still have a backorder of PS+ games to play and I want to buy a PS4 that wasn't rushed to made to meet a deadline (Launch & the Holidays) as those tend to have the highest failure rates. Finally, on the topic of headsets, I have their official 7.1 Stereo wireless bluetooth headset and it isn't supported.....along with a TON of other features we were told and shown over the last half year. Basically, when I buy my PS4 I want it to be when the general demand and supply has evened out and met, more games are available but most of all that ALL (or as many) of the features shown, promised or assumed out of obviousness are working and working well.

Right now, as what will probably happen with the X1, a ton of features touted by the companies are not available along with hearing of a ton of silly errors and issues that I just don't want to be a part of. I don't want to be what is essentially a beta tester this gen as I have the last two. I also don't want a crowd to surround me as I purchase my console as if I were Daddy Worbucks buying a golden egg laying goose riding a jetpack, lol.

/End of cool (probably not liked by anyone here) story bro
    Last edited by chumdiddy; 11-15-2013 at 20:17. Reason: grammar (prob still tons I missed)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaSixInsight View Post

u mean wired headsets that are designed for the ps4 right? cause my PX21's for my ps3 will definitely not work on the ps4

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Yup it dis that's what I'm using. Make sure the headset is off

Thanks for this, so no need to use the USB dongle?
    Does the mic work ok as well?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Yeah no need for the Dongle. The mic does not work because the headset is off, the camera picks up my voice.

14. Likes GazzaGSi wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Yeah no need for the Dongle. The mic does not work because the headset is off, the camera picks up my voice.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here ya go for the turtles:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/console-compatibility

Check it out.

17. Likes Malt wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Plug in mics work I think, my trittons ax pros and 720s work

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

Check it out.
    Awesome, my px21's will work straight away! Now, if I can only get the left speaker working again..

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Make sure you check for volume control, and chat for that matter. The headset is going to work for hearing the game, sounds, etc., but does the mic work?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    my iPhone headphones work beautifully and the sound quality is good

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    It was supposed to, but my friend who has one says it does not. (yet)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

Check it out.
    I'll be damned my px21's will work. fuckin a fear thanks for the help I was so depressed cause I thought they wouldn't. I'm a bit tech challenged so after I saw the ps4 had no AV connectors I automatically assumed my turtle beaches wouldn't work lol

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information