Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    croatoa

Error starting Ghosts

I am only slightly annoyed at this considering its the first day of release- but just in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing: when I start ghost from the home menu it gets to the IW logo then returns to the home menu and gives an error message CE-34878-0
    A bit disappointing because it's the first cod I've ever had trouble running right off the bat- anyone else having this issue?

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    yes i'm getting the same thing on bf4 some others are saying the same thing for killzone at the moment you can't do anything but it seems i'm able to at least play the bf4 campaign sucks that you can't even do that

PSN ID
    croatoa
    hmm well i have bf4 so ill probably try my luck with that- It's just reassuring to know I'm not alone in my pain :P

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My KZ would not boot after it froze and had to do a hard reset. Reformatting now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Reformat you say? Do you mean the hard drive? How would I do that and will it help? Sorry I just wanna play infected lol
    PS- Yeesh I guess I'm lucky I haven't had to hard reset sorry to hear that bro I will count my blessings

Ultimate Veteran
    So far cod ghosts have started good.try deleting files and the game and start fresh

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    Reformat you say? Do you mean the hard drive? How would I do that and will it help? Sorry I just wanna play infected lol
    PS- Yeesh I guess I'm lucky I haven't had to hard reset sorry to hear that bro I will count my blessings
    Yeah it's initialization. I think the install corrupt. I had to pull the plug because it would not restart by holding down the power button. But since I reformatted it's running fine.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Holy crap dude...... I can only imagine how that must have felt; I'm glad it's all good now and on a side note I tried to run Ghosts this morning and I got to the Title screen I don't know what happened- maybe a patch downloaded overnight for the game?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I know when I last checked my Ghosts, around 12:30am CST this morning, it stilled errored out on me...the same error everyone was getting.
    I got up this morning though, after I couldn't play Ghosts all day yesterday, and was forced to wait on the mail to run so I could receive BF4 (around 1:30pm yesterday I was FINALLY able to play a game on my PS4 that I got at midnight on launch)...
    and Ghosts launches fine for me now.

However, I tried BF4 after playing Ghosts for a little while...and now instead of the error on Ghosts, I'm getting the exact same error on BF4 now. Not sure how long that'll be happening, but it was working yesterday, and today it's boinked.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Is it a network error or a corrupted data install, you think? If it's corrupted data I think first step is delete the game data and let it reinstall when you try to play it, instead of going straight to reformatting the whole PS4 HDD. Second step is probably delete the saved game progress/preferences. Then consider reformatting the whole HDD.

I can try with my COD Ghosts after it installs but if it's not some sort of network connection error for multiplayer I don't know I can reproduce it, now or ever, as it's a PS3 to PS4 upgrade, so it's really just a digital copy of the game tagged that you have to insert the PS3 disc to play it.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll get it running and see if I have the same problems.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Nope, no error here. Two matches of Dom. 2/1 k/d on the first, 23/20 on the second lol. Those damned dogs!!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Is it a network error or a corrupted data install, you think? If it's corrupted data I think first step is delete the game data and let it reinstall when you try to play it, instead of going straight to reformatting the whole PS4 HDD. Second step is probably delete the saved game progress/preferences. Then consider reformatting the whole HDD.

I can try with my COD Ghosts after it installs but if it's not some sort of network connection error for multiplayer I don't know I can reproduce it, now or ever, as it's a PS3 to PS4 upgrade, so it's really just a digital copy of the game tagged that you have to insert the PS3 disc to play it.
    That's all the steps I went through for KZ. Ultimately I wound up having to reformat.

Thread Information