Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I'm not real technical so please someone correct me if I'm wrong...I believe what anti aliasing helps with is the "jagies". Makes objects appear smoother or crisper.
    Yes you are correct.
    Ubi increased resolution and added new AA

PSN ID
    XazzorFCB
    Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference. For me the visuals are stunning anyway. I only see the improvement via comparison, otherwise I guess it's kind of difficult to spot it for a casual gamer.

Apprentice

If I played the 2nd AC and was letdown by it, is this one better enough to give it a try? Meaning does it do enough with the AC formula to get me back on board? I know that is more of an opinion but for people you've liked the AC series, what are your thoughts?

PSN ID
    XazzorFCB
    For me this is the best Assassin's Creed ever. Maybe it's because I love pirates style, but still here you will enjoy.

5. Likes Lethal , Justin , shepard wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    This is my first AC game and I am hooked, it is fantastic. The world is huge and there is almost too much to see!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Enthroll, shepard wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    I totally see the difference besides the day one purchase I bought vs the update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Yes you are correct.
    Ubi increased resolution and added new AA
    Cool, thank you for the confirmation!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    If I played the 2nd AC and was letdown by it, is this one better enough to give it a try? Meaning does it do enough with the AC formula to get me back on board? I know that is more of an opinion but for people you've liked the AC series, what are your thoughts?
    I played AC 1 and about half way in lost interest and watched the ending on YouTube, pretty much the same with AC2. Never played the others but I have bought AC4 ready for friday! Think it was always the theme/setting of the other games that didn't appeal to me.

PSU Live Streamer
    The game is amazing. Anyone sleeping on this title because they didn't like AC3, or because they have a personal hate towards Ubi's yearly release strategy with this franchise is missing out on a gem.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

12. Likes Enthroll wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I don't really wish I had posted this earlier (I'm in EU so PS4 is not out yet), but thanks for the comment, Shepard. I was so'n'so with AC3, loved some parts, other aspects: not that much. Will buy this game when I pick up the console this saturday!!!!

Shepard. *nods in krogan style
    Last edited by Enthroll; 11-26-2013 at 16:53. Reason: typo

PSU Live Streamer
    Glad to hear it. As far as I'm concerned this game is the marriage of AC2+FC3+Pirates.

So much to do. Think I've put 40hrs into the game just running around collecting stuff.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Glad to hear it. As far as I'm concerned this game is the marriage of AC2+FC3+Pirates.
    And a great marraige it is! I can't agree with this more.

Apprentice

I just bought the PS3 digital download off of Amazon for $35, not sure how long it'll be that price. Then I used the $10 voucher that came with the PS4 and upgraded it to the PS4 version. So I just got this game for $35, looking forward to playing when I wake up, it's downloading right now to my PS4.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have Knack, AC:4, and Ghosts for my PS4 so far and to be honest AC4 is the only game I really needed. I just can't stop playing this game, best of the series by a long shot.

8 years and counting!

18. Likes shepard wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I have Knack, AC:4, and Ghosts for my PS4 so far and to be honest AC4 is the only game I really needed. I just can't stop playing this game, best of the series by a long shot.
    Yep. Surprisingly, this is my favorite game this gen so far.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I rented it and gave up on the gather metal mission. The ships control like a shopping cart full of bricks and all the other ships would gang up on me just when I was sinking the first ship. Guess I have no skillz.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I rented it and gave up on the gather metal mission. The ships control like a shopping cart full of bricks and all the other ships would gang up on me just when I was sinking the first ship. Guess I have no skillz.
    To turn on a dime, you need to drop your speed. You can only wide turn with sails down.

22. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    To turn on a dime, you need to drop your speed. You can only wide turn with sails down.
    Thanks for that info. I think thats where I screwed up.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thanks for that info. I think thats where I screwed up.
    I kept doing the same thing for about my first week or so. shepard posted this hugely helpful tip in a previous post, it was one of the best tips I've gotten for this game. Made a big giant huge difference.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    The PS3 version is $30 on Amazon right now for anyone looking to upgrade. Thankfully, I have $10 worth of credit on my PSN account (forgot which promotion it's from) so I'm definitely going to pick this up. I have way too many games to play.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyoOutlaw View Post
    The PS3 version is $30 on Amazon right now for anyone looking to upgrade. Thankfully, I have $10 worth of credit on my PSN account (forgot which promotion it's from) so I'm definitely going to pick this up. I have way too many games to play.
    With the upgrade program still in palce that's a great way for next genners to get the game for $40 ($30 for ps3 and then $10 for digital upgrade). Really good idea NeoYokyoOutklaw! The Amazon deal isn't a bad price for ps3 users either.

Superior Member
    So is this game good because it's "next gen" or is it actually good? Are the missions/objectives varied enough? Is the land vast and fun to play in? Any immersion killing loading issues that remind you that this is a game? Any noticeable FPS dips below 30?
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

I just started playing this game tonight, still in the process of downloading the resolution patch. Hope it makes a difference, because honestly the graphics in this game are not much better (worse in some cases) than PS3 games like TLOU and others. So far I am disappointed in terms of eye-candy for this 'next-gen' game, guess KZ:SF and Knack spoiled the hell out of me.

My biggest pet-peeve so far is that we are forced to use the R2 to run, rather than R1 (or L1 as was in older AC games IIRC). My hands are already cramping up after less than 1/2 hour of gameplay, it is a very uncomfortable position when also using the right analog stick to move the camera around.

All the PS4 launch titles have a very alarming trend, which is defaulting R2/L2 rather than what Playstation gamers are used to, R1/L1. Most titles don't even allow the choice to swap, I'm just glad KZ:SF did though. I hate using R2/L2 for anything other than secondary use on FPS/TPS games, or for acceleration/braking for games involving vehicles. And it seems to me the way things are starting out this gen, is that developers are going to be defaulting R2/L2 from here on out just because the PS4 controller has better bumpers this time around. But IMO, it is NOT the same as a 360 controller, our R1/L1 triggers are designed to be the main choice, not as secondaries like 360 and XB1.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    So is this game good because it's "next gen" or is it actually good? Are the missions/objectives varied enough? Is the land vast and fun to play in? Any immersion killing loading issues that remind you that this is a game? Any noticeable FPS dips below 30?
    It's actually good, period. There is a tremendous variety of missions and objectives, much less repetetive than previous titles, more meat to chew on. The land comprises a larger area than the sea. There IS some loading but it isn't so bad that I'd call it an issue. I don't know how to measure framrate but I only ran into any kind of stuttering a few times during heavy naval battles but even that was slight.

Superior Member
    Any one else having serious pop ins? Every town/place ive been to so far I will arrive to emptyness and about 10-30 seconds later people start to pop in.

Very strange arriving at places and it being a ghost townfor up to 30 seconds every time. Even when I fast travel to areas that Ive unlocked
    psn id: Seekersneak

Loving the ps4, Currently have:
    Assassins creed: black flag
    fifa 14
    outlast and the other free psn+ games.

Thread Information