Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Had a great time playing today... breezy and jrod... a lot of intense matches lol. Breezy took it to the house winning one of them by eight goals lol.

I'm yet to understand how these online season players use these tactics that you really can't defend against. Get the ball, and just cross it to a winger with a through ball/cross. It goes to them every time. The AI simply doesn't keep up with it like that, and you can't switch players fast enough to make them run properly. It's annoying as hell. With a goal kick. It goes to midfield, and there is always one of their guys on my back. When they do a goal kick, my guys don't even press at all. I don't get it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    For switching players, mostly i try to keep it manual switching it keeps me on alert all the time, cause the AI is just very slow when it comes to switching between defenders!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Had a great time playing today... breezy and jrod... a lot of intense matches lol. Breezy took it to the house winning one of them by eight goals lol.

I'm yet to understand how these online season players use these tactics that you really can't defend against. Get the ball, and just cross it to a winger with a through ball/cross. It goes to them every time. The AI simply doesn't keep up with it like that, and you can't switch players fast enough to make them run properly. It's annoying as hell. With a goal kick. It goes to midfield, and there is always one of their guys on my back. When they do a goal kick, my guys don't even press at all. I don't get it.
    It's a fine art not getting trounced by wing play; it can be fairly balanced once you've got to grips with using the press and off-the-ball buttons. Close the winger down with an available player and then use the one you're running with to set up position accordingly. Usually gives the winger no chance but to cross, and when they do then it's a matter of timing to clear. I will admit that there is certainly overpowered strikers out there who are far too good at headers, though. If the players are simply too quick on the counter then just be mindful of that when you're setting your own attacks up; likewise you can be set to defensive until you're comfortable with the flow of the match.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    For switching players, mostly i try to keep it manual switching it keeps me on alert all the time, cause the AI is just very slow when it comes to switching between defenders!
    I use manual on almost everything lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    It's a fine art not getting trounced by wing play; it can be fairly balanced once you've got to grips with using the press and off-the-ball buttons. Close the winger down with an available player and then use the one you're running with to set up position accordingly. Usually gives the winger no chance but to cross, and when they do then it's a matter of timing to clear. I will admit that there is certainly overpowered strikers out there who are far too good at headers, though. If the players are simply too quick on the counter then just be mindful of that when you're setting your own attacks up; likewise you can be set to defensive until you're comfortable with the flow of the match.
    I'll receive my gear today so I can record from the PS4, and I'll get some video up and you'll see how it goes lol.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I use manual on almost everything lol.

I'll receive my gear today so I can record from the PS4, and I'll get some video up and you'll see how it goes lol.
    I see!! Lol!

lets play some more later today

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    I'd love to do a co-op season, but I don't want to play against people who use fully assisted controls. It's completely different game that requires very little skill.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I see!! Lol!

lets play some more later today
    We definitely will. I got into so much trouble with my chat abilities lol. I was getting intense and ended up waking the wife up. lol She was pissed. She told me about an hour ago, "No more yelling today ok..." lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyoOutlaw View Post
    I'd love to do a co-op season, but I don't want to play against people who use fully assisted controls. It's completely different game that requires very little skill.
    I'm working on playing with manual controls, but it's a steep learning curve for sure.

Co op season.. how many people have to be there?

edit:

Also, using my XP500 headset... WOW. What a difference in the game sounds. I can hear so much more with the headset vs the tv audio. Epic.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-19-2013 at 15:29.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Is the gameplay any different from fifa 14 on ps3?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    We definitely will. I got into so much trouble with my chat abilities lol. I was getting intense and ended up waking the wife up. lol She was pissed. She told me about an hour ago, "No more yelling today ok..." lol

I'm working on playing with manual controls, but it's a steep learning curve for sure.

Co op season.. how many people have to be there?

edit:

Also, using my XP500 headset... WOW. What a difference in the game sounds. I can hear so much more with the headset vs the tv audio. Epic.
    Hahahaha!! Take it easy it's just football, just remember how many times i missed yesterday and how cool i was

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Hahahaha!! Take it easy it's just football, just remember how many times i missed yesterday and how cool i was
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that". - Bill Shankly. :3

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, you were much more calm than I was lol... I was ready to deploy a sniper to take out some of my own players lol.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that". - Bill Shankly. :3
    Lol!! Some people are like that i know some for sure :P

Yeah, you were much more calm than I was lol... I was ready to deploy a sniper to take out some of my own players lol.
    I know how it feels!! i was a lot like that back in 2011 when i was always playing Fifa, now not so much!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    What do you guys use for switching players?

I had it on auto (I think) and even with the few second continue thing where the player, even when switched would continue to his path...but many times it seems when playing online it's so easy to juke and get passed me before I get a chance to get oriented.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I think mine's semi, which works best. Can rectify some of the discrepancies the automatic one faces. The off-the-ball pressing button, which I think is R1 for most people, (I switched it to R2) also helps this a lot.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    What do you guys use for switching players?

I had it on auto (I think) and even with the few second continue thing where the player, even when switched would continue to his path...but many times it seems when playing online it's so easy to juke and get passed me before I get a chance to get oriented.
    Definitely manual for switching.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Wait, oops, just played there and mine's actually set to manual, haha!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Wait, oops, just played there and mine's actually set to manual, haha!
    Lol. I couldn't deal with anything other than manual switching. The CPU assisted switching is atrocious.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    It is incredible just how much you can change the gameplay in FIFA by tinkering with its setting - always good to figure out what suits best rather than adapting to its original settings.

Thread Information