Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

Dude....FIFA 14 is friggin awesome

I haven't played a Soccer video game since the SNES. I grew up playing soccer and played in high school and some intramural in college and up until a few years ago played recreational with the hispanics on some of the soccer fields around my city.

OMG...this is so much fun.

I'm enjoying it more than Madden and now-a-days I'm more of a football guy.

Wait...I'm not editing my thread, but yes....I know it's actual called Football and not Soccer.

Super Elite
    I really not a fan of sports games but I watched them well. Nba and fifa broadcasting and they are really nice. Not the games I desire though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I haven't played a Soccer video game since the SNES. I grew up playing soccer and played in high school and some intramural in college and up until a few years ago played recreational with the hispanics on some of the soccer fields around my city.

OMG...this is so much fun.

I'm enjoying it more than Madden and now-a-days I'm more of a football guy.

Wait...I'm not editing my thread, but yes....I know it's actual called Football and not Soccer.
    I agree with ya. I've been making my own pro, and it's a lot of work lol. Look in the thread about sports games I made, and we can go at it!!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree with ya. I've been making my own pro, and it's a lot of work lol. Look in the thread about sports games I made, and we can go at it!!
    I haven't been able to get on PSN yet. Is it possible to get on there now? I tried off and on all day, but I just gave up.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    The Physics engine is frustrating, A lot of playes should be fouls but the game just moves on on you. ( PS3 )

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I dunno, it might be the ref is just more forgiving at times. Instead of seeing a bit of contact, and then calling a foul, it is being judge more properly?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    That's it. I'm definitely upgrading the copy once the PlayStation 4 arrives.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

The good news is that this time my team offense is so damn strong and well balanced I can actually beat european teams online.

PSN ID
    CarmineReaper
    The game is a lot of fun. I have always liked soccer games but this one is def top notch. Glad I picked it up.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    It's a pleasant surprise to say the least! To be honest I thought that this version of the game was going to be fairly underwhelming based on what I had seen (trailers and the like), but man, this is the definitive version of FIFA. I've enjoyed my time with PES 2014 and FIFA 14 on the PC, but I feel it would be difficult to revisit those games at this point. This is the best football game I've played in years. It's not drastically different than it's current-gen counterpart, but the differences are certainly noticeable and welcome. Everything feels "smoother" (nondescript, I know). Animations, ball physics (which seem to have more varying levels of spin/freedom and a nice blur effect when in motion), player collisions, etc. This is coming from someone who has been playing FIFA 14 on the PC.

The overall pace of the game appears to be a bit slower and players aren't as erratic or herky-jerky with their movements. The AI at times is a lot more human like than in the current-gen version. Some of their movements and decision making were as if I was playing against another person, but they're still prone to some dodgy decision making. I've noticed lot of teams tend to abuse the over-the-top ball which can be quite obnoxious (just like online, eh?). The myriad of new animations really goes a long way. Pinging a ball to the opposite wing has never looked or felt this good. Reminds me a bit of PES 5/6 in that regard. I've found myself pausing the game so I can admire the subtle new animations. Momentum and inertia seemed to be more realistic with players having more weight to them. It's a bit more dynamic and hectic in the box due to multiple players being able to contest headers. This has been a feature in PES for quite some time, but it's nice to see it rear its head in FIFA. Like I said, there's just a lot of new animations that enhance the overall experience.

In terms of presentation, it's the best effort I've seen in a football game. Stadiums and crowds are stunning, the camera angles are more akin to a real-life broadcast than a video game. Sometimes when the ball goes out of playthe camera will zoom in on a player and then cut to a replay showcasing an earlier effort on goal, or a save. It all looks very convincing. You'll see players on the bench after they've been subbed, ball boys chasing the ball and then throwing it to you, teammates kicking the ball to the corner flag. Lots of little details. The crowd models appear to be very diverse in both appearance and animation and look genuinely excited when you score. Scoring a late winner or equalizer at home is quite the experience. Whether you already own FIFA 14 for the current-gen or not, do yourself a favor and pick this up.
    Last edited by NeoTokyoOutlaw; 11-16-2013 at 16:43.

11. Likes bariton1 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    The ignite engine that powers the ps4 is excellent. More animations, far better crowds, control is great...will be my first game when the ps4 launches in uk.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Was going to pass on this years FIFA for next gen but seems it would be a mistake to. Sounds excellent from the comments so may end up picking this up

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    @supergaz, ps3 fifa14 is good, but when you play the ps4 version, you'll realise it is (as you should expect) far better...only game to have impressed me so far next gen wise.

15. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm going to have to put something on my dang left thumbstick for my DS4 lol. I've played too much, it's wearing out fast.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    How do you stop games from simming???

I'm at my first league match and my light bar on the PS4 controller is red and it says "Sim Match" on the Calendar. I can't figure out how to not sim it.

Something lik this happened last night but I forgot what I did.

Apprentice
    Not many reviews which was making me nervous, but this thread is reassuring. Played a demo in the UK last week, and can't wait for launch day.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    How do you stop games from simming???

I'm at my first league match and my light bar on the PS4 controller is red and it says "Sim Match" on the Calendar. I can't figure out how to not sim it.

Something lik this happened last night but I forgot what I did.
    If it's going to sim the match look at the box below, and it should tell you why. It sims a match that you aren't going to be playing in.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Topov81 View Post
    Not many reviews which was making me nervous, but this thread is reassuring. Played a demo in the UK last week, and can't wait for launch day.
    The IGN review is pretty indepth and decent - Final score 9.1 for next gen.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/11/fifa-14-review

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    As long as it fixes the loading and pesky menu lag then I'm game.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Played a demo of this at the Game store in town on Thursday. Was impressed with the very limited time I spent on it..

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    As long as it fixes the loading and pesky menu lag then I'm game.
    People over at the Evo-Web forums claim that it has been fixed. I haven't started a Career Mode yet (and I played 14 on the PC) so I can't comment. I haven't seen any noticeable menu slowdown during team management. The only slowdown I have seen thus far is during goal kicks. Sometimes the frame rate noticeably dips for about 30 seconds or so.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I take it back...

The game is starting to be just as annoying as any other sports game. The ball will go right passed my guys...the opponent will make great plays that my guys never seem to be able to do....losing by 2 goals when you completely dominate every stat of the game....friendly AI making PENALTIES IN THE BOX THAT MAKES YOU LOSE THE GAME B/C OF A PK.

I mean...the game is presented well, and it's fun but when you get deeper in it and start to try to actually know how to work the buttons and whatnot....it's kind of annoying.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    I take it back...

The game is starting to be just as annoying as any other sports game. The ball will go right passed my guys...the opponent will make great plays that my guys never seem to be able to do....losing by 2 goals when you completely dominate every stat of the game....friendly AI making PENALTIES IN THE BOX THAT MAKES YOU LOSE THE GAME B/C OF A PK.

I mean...the game is presented well, and it's fun but when you get deeper in it and start to try to actually know how to work the buttons and whatnot....it's kind of annoying.
    thanks for the update, I think I will just wait for MLB the Show 2014 for my first sports game on PS4.

Good thing I didnt waste my money.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Wow....get this $#@!:

I was getting better at the game....scored within the first 5 or 10 minutes...held them the whole time all the while having like double the shots on goal as the other team.

With 15 SECONDS left in regulation time....I pressed to control the guy closest to the ball which was defending a guy in my 18yd box thing.....he tried to juke me but WITHOUT pressing the slide tackle button I took the ball from him.

Like every other time how you get the ball away from the other player.

BUT....this time...guess the $#@! what. It was a penalty.

They got a PK and scored. Tie game. 15 $#@!ING SECONDS LEFT IN REGULATION TIME....and all of a sudden the same way I have gotten the ball back from an opponent every other $#@!ing time...but all of a sudden is a penalty.

$#@!. This. Game.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Wow....get this $#@!:

I was getting better at the game....scored within the first 5 or 10 minutes...held them the whole time all the while having like double the shots on goal as the other team.

With 15 SECONDS left in regulation time....I pressed to control the guy closest to the ball which was defending a guy in my 18yd box thing.....he tried to juke me but WITHOUT pressing the slide tackle button I took the ball from him.

Like every other time how you get the ball away from the other player.

BUT....this time...guess the $#@! what. It was a penalty.

They got a PK and scored. Tie game. 15 $#@!ING SECONDS LEFT IN REGULATION TIME....and all of a sudden the same way I have gotten the ball back from an opponent every other $#@!ing time...but all of a sudden is a penalty.

$#@!. This. Game.
    Regulation time lol. Love it when you guys across the sea play football games.

Frustrating isn't it. Happens on current gen too. Referee's are too inconsistent. Some will argue it's good for longevity but some will believe it's scripted gameplay.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

28. Likes Malt likes this post

Thread Information