Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Live Streamer

My impressions of the games I've played so far

AC4: Black Flag
    Great game so far. Sooo much to do. I streamed this game for just over 5hrs today and feel like I barely scratched the surface.

Resogun
    Insanely fun. I decided to start off on the easiest level so I could witness how the game progresses as difficulty is increased. So addicting.

Warframe
    This one was the shocker for me. I joined in and played for about an hour. Very cool. Gave me a sort of 'borderlands' vibe but with space ninjas. Totally recommend this one.

Knack
    So I decided to start this game off playing on the hardest difficulty. Hard mode is punishing in this game. It's like pixar meets Demon's Souls. There really isn't much to the game though. Something tells me if I didn't pick hard mode, I'd be breezing through it too quickly.

What about you guys? What have you tried?

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Warframe
    This one was the shocker for me. I joined in and played for about an hour. Very cool. Gave me a sort of 'borderlands' vibe but with space ninjas. Totally recommend this one.
    Do you feel the need to buy anything to get more out of the game? I like my games either free or paid off in one lump sum.

Oh and living in Oz i've got another two weeks before i can give any impressions...

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Do you feel the need to buy anything to get more out of the game? I like my games either free or paid off in one lump sum.

Oh and living in Oz i've got another two weeks before i can give any impressions...
    you get 200 platinum for free if you feel like buying stuff. To be honest, i haven't used any of it, i don't really know what to buy but i'm enjoying the game!

4. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII

it funner without platinum... basically everything you can buy with platinum can be obtained.

You farm areas for items/materials/credits, then spend credits on blueprints in the marketplace (credits are the in game currency which require NO REAL MONEY... you earn it by progressing.

In order to make the item you just bought the blueprint for, you need materials found all over the galaxy... you just play and win and collect stuff... when you get enough materials you go to your forge or foundry or whatever its called and create it! (its more fun to grind for materials than to buy it with real money imo... lol)

I couldnt afford any retail PS4 games with my console... so this has been my major time sink... (and i $#@!ing LOVE IT!)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Platinum
    The game uses an optional payment system: almost all weaponry and warframes can be earned in game (everything other than Founder-exclusive items and event, retired, or prime items). However, with platinum, the grind to obtain weapon and warframe blueprints and their resources is circumvented.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

6. Likes Zswordsman, Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Wait till you play resogun online co-op. Was playing it for awhile last night with a friend and it was awesome. A very hard game but really cool.

I also played some battlefield 4. EA needs to fix those servers because it's really difficult to get online. The multiplayer and campaign are very smooth. I enjoyed playing BF4 campaign much more compared to their previous BF campaigns.

I just can't believe how much power is coming out of that little box (Playstation 4). I was completely wow'd.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 11-16-2013 at 13:40.

PSN ID
    Wolli

i've played the game for about 20hours on PC. the whole point of the game is farming/grinding after about 10hours playtime.
    all the stuff u can buy instantly is basiclly the stuff u should grind/farm for. so if u just buy everything with real money u kinda ruin the game as u got nothing to do anymore.

i really enjoyed the game a lot but after a certain time it gets boring really fast, as all the levels look alike.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I have been reading though, if you're gonna use platinum, spend it on warframe slots and weapon slots. Since you can't obtain them in game.

Dedicated Member

So far I've only played AC4, had to cancel a couple of other preorders because I'm broke right now, but I DID managae to get my PS4 and my digital upgrade to the next gen version (was playing a little bit of the PS3 prior to Friday). Lovin it! The graphical and effects improvements are sick, great stuff. The game itself is fun as hell. Great pirating, awesome exploration. And far less buggy than AC3, which I hugely appreciate.

Thread Information