View Poll Results: What month was your PS4 made in?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • July

0 0%
  • August

4 50.00%
  • September

4 50.00%
  • November

0 0%
  • Other (Post it in the thread)

0 0%
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Question Faes Curious Thread: What is your PS4s manufacture date?

So I was browsing the web, out of boredom since I cant sleep, and I some how found myself on Neogaf and stumbled in the hardware thread. Well, I found this in there:

So went through the thread to collect data and there's now 19 of us GAFers with broken units from the Hongfujin Yantai China plant, mostly manufactured in September 2013 (three were August), and the majority of which are suffering from the same issue (console arrives DOA - never boots up, just a pulsating blue light aka "BLOD"). Most of us have also purchased from Amazon so there's a clear pattern here:

- This is the same plant with the scandal of 1,000+ chinese students being forced to build PS4's
    - Three neogaf users (ckohler, Timan25, alr1ght) have consoles from Hongfujin Yantai China Sept 2013 that are working fine thus far.
    - Those who have posted about working units in this thread are mostly listing an August 2013 manufacture date so far (Y2Kev, Loudninja, Duxxy3, Indrid Cold, etc).
    - A lot of people are reporting failures but not listing the manufacturer info so they are not counted here.
    Which got me curious about it, so I had to go check mine. Turns out I have the same, Manufacturer: Hongfujin Yantai China, Date: September 2013. Well, now I'm curious what the general manufacturer/date is for PS4s around here.
    At present I'm not worried in the slightest since I believe issues are currently below average. Regardless, I find it a little interesting and would love to know.

If you don't know how to find this information, its on the bottom of the PS4 in the fine print area. Please do vote in the poll, and feel free to post the manufacturer.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    My PS4 Amazon order doesn't arrive until tomorrow (err today I really need to get in bed lol) but I'll post the manufacture date once I get it and if I have any problems.

The problems is probably a lot smaller than what it appears to be from the reviews or Amazon has already shorted it out. They are usually quick to place an item under review (which would appear on the product page) if there are a lot of complaints or returns.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 11-16-2013 at 12:04.
    PSN ID:Key2001 3DS FC:1521-2714-7908 Steam ID:jkey2001

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    My PS4 Amazon order doesn't arrive until tomorrow (shipped yesterday) but I'll post the manufacture date once I get it and if I have any problems.

The problems is probably a lot smaller than what it appears to be from the reviews or Amazon has already shorted it out. They are usually quick to place an item under review (which would appear on the product page) if there are a lot of complaints or returns.
    No doubt in my mind the issues are average or below average, I'm just the curious sort. (I watched a guy break his console after fixing it ) I want to see if that guys theory holds any weight or not - not that all the September PS4s are DOA on day one.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Mine was manufactured in the same city in China August 2013. The only issue I had was the blurary drive making a weird loud noise when I inserted a disc. Tried it thus morning and it was silent. Weird.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    My PS4 was just delivered (hooking it up now). It has a manufacture date of August 2013.

Also Amazon has might a change to their packaging for the PS4. Mine had padding both underneath and on top of the PS4, they were only using padding on top of the PS4 box.

Edit: Downloading update now, No problems yet.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 11-16-2013 at 20:21.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    When i get mine i will post here as well.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    After a few hours with it there hasn't been any problems. My disc based games (AC4, KZ and Lego Marvel Heroes) won't be here until Monday but I tried a bluray movie I had to test the disc drive and didn't have any problems with it either.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    September here. Made in Yungfujin China and it's working flawlessly. It's fast, silent, and there's a picture on my screen.

9. Likes melleka likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Can I look on the box or the ps4 its self.i can't look at the ps4 because its on the shelf I can't pull it out.
    My nephew played cod ghosts for 4 hours today on the ps4

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    September here. Made in Yungfujin China and it's working flawlessly. It's fast, silent, and there's a picture on my screen.
    Same here, haven't had one problem and had it since the 14th.

Everything works perfect and fast, until yesterday everyone got on and now the PSN is a bit slow.

Thread Information