Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Personalization

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr

Personalization

I want some personalization! Don't like the background. Not a big fan of the new ui either. Would like it more static. I'm a little neurotic when it comes to organization, so when $#@! moves all around and there is no order to it, I get FREAKED! !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    It would be nice if you could alter the background color or use a custom wallpaper. I'm always in favor of more customization options. It's one of the many reasons I preferred the XMB over the Dashboard. Oh well, maybe in the future.

im just glad you can turn off that corny music in the background

4. Likes DuckNation likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Personalization

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    im just glad you can turn off that corny music in the background
    damn right was a bit annoying. I don't see why they wouldn't make it like the ps3 where u can have custom wallpapers and such?

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Are there no options to change the colors or anything? I thought it would at least have different colors like the PS3 default wallpaper. I wonder if there will ever be any themes for it in the store...

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I turned off the music and the key tone sound, $#@!ing annoying! Everything else I can deal with. The blue background needs to go tho

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    Are there no options to change the colors or anything? I thought it would at least have different colors like the PS3 default wallpaper. I wonder if there will ever be any themes for it in the store...
    I couldn't find any color options not themes in the store. may be added in the future but not as of right now

moving on Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    Same as what Knot said.. I couldn't find it on the system, in the manual, or the store.

I have a good feeling that it will be added; soon I hope.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    There's no doubt Sony will at least put paid themes on the Store. It's another way to make money.

As for the key tones and background music, I like it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    i would really just like a color change option. I miss my Black and Red theme from PS3

Tacos Rule!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'm sure there'll be a mixture of free and paid themes. Hopefully we can use user created ones in the feature?
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm sure there'll be a mixture of free and paid themes. Hopefully we can use user created ones in the feature?
    and use the touch pad on the ds4 to draw them too

moving on Tapatalk

Veteran
    I'm with you on this one, it looked good on the videos but it is god awful.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Good lord you guys would complain about being hung with a dirty rope. This is a Launch console that has had ONE update.....Take a deep breath. I think it looks far better then the PS3 and it works so much more fluid. As for the music you can turn it off and back ground? Really? This annoys you? Chances are they will do something about color schemes but if not who cares. Who just sits there and looks at it for any length of time?

16. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Firmware 2.0, Here come the changes!

It will take some time for sure.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Something tells me an update coming soon will fix that.
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Personalization

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Good lord you guys would complain about being hung with a dirty rope. This is a Launch console that has had ONE update.....Take a deep breath. I think it looks far better then the PS3 and it works so much more fluid. As for the music you can turn it off and back ground? Really? This annoys you? Chances are they will do something about color schemes but if not who cares. Who just sits there and looks at it for any length of time?
    I don't really see many people $#@!ing in here, just tossing ideas back for color changes. and if I'm trying to play a bit (my headsets not hooked up yet) I want as minimal noise as possible so I don't wake the woman beside me then I might classify the background music and clicks as annoying. does that necessarily mean it's annoying? no not necessarily but its my $#@!ing opinion and I'm entitled to it, as are you.i have sung nothing but praises about this console in other threads ( besides having to always use the ps3 disc to play the upgraded version of ghosts) so you're post is very generic and encompasses people that aren't $#@!ing, whining, suicidal, or in the process of hanging a rope from the ceiling.
    and btw, when I first turned it on and was setting it up and exploring it I believe I looked at it for quite some time. I'm probably the only one tho so you can disregard this edit

moving on Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    I don't really see many people $#@!ing in here, just tossing ideas back for color changes. and if I'm trying to play a bit (my headsets not hooked up yet) I want as minimal noise as possible so I don't wake the woman beside me then I might classify the background music and clicks as annoying. does that necessarily mean it's annoying? no not necessarily but its my $#@!ing opinion and I'm entitled to it, as are you.i have sung nothing but praises about this console in other threads ( besides having to always use the ps3 disc to play the upgraded version of ghosts) so you're post is very generic and encompasses people that aren't $#@!ing, whining, suicidal, or in the process of hanging a rope from the ceiling.
    and btw, when I first turned it on and was setting it up and exploring it I believe I looked at it for quite some time. I'm probably the only one tho so you can disregard this edit

moving on Tapatalk
    You and I have totally different definitions of what $#@!ing is and yours is wrong. All I am saying is this is a launch console. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet. I also think the background is very much in sync with how PlayStation has been since at least the PlayStation 2. I also think they will in the future allow others to change the wallpaper but to demand that they should have done it from the start is absurd.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Personalization

You and I have totally different definitions of what $#@!ing is and yours is wrong. All I am saying is this is a launch console. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet. I also think the background is very much in sync with how PlayStation has been since at least the PlayStation 2. I also think they will in the future allow others to change the wallpaper but to demand that they should have done it from the start is absurd.
    well I may go so far as say some are nitpicking but that's the nature of consumers. so let's be glad we aren't working at Webster's together lol. I can see your final point though. with the pressure of rushing to meet and produce a next gen console by a certain deadline they probably weren't worried about simple things such as color customization, point taken
    I also agree that it is in fact classic playstation style and I'm glad they didn't deviate from it. I just have to modify a few settings depending on time of day, people present, etc.

moving on Tapatalk

22. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    well I may go so far as say some are nitpicking but that's the nature of consumers. so let's be glad we aren't working at Webster's together lol. I can see your final point though. with the pressure of rushing to meet and produce a next gen console by a certain deadline they probably weren't worried about simple things such as color customization, point taken
    I also agree that it is in fact classic playstation style and I'm glad they didn't deviate from it. I just have to modify a few settings depending on time of day, people present, etc.

moving on Tapatalk
    Do as I do plug in a set of headphones in the controller and divert all sound to them.... I did... My wife loves this feature LOL

24. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    well I have a set of turtle beaches but I didn't think they'd be compatible. then after reading the thread about headsets I found out they will. that's what I always did on my ps3 so I know the trick and will be doing so after work

moving on Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Do as I do plug in a set of headphones in the controller and divert all sound to them.... I did... My wife loves this feature LOL
    My g-friend loves it as well
    It keeps messing with my head when I try to get up to do something and my headphones can just go with me, as if they were wireless...well sorta. I don't have to unwrap my headphone cord from my chair, or speaker stands, while it stretches across the floor half way pulling me forward. lol!
    This is a welcome addition, acts like the 360 headset that came with the console did, only difference is you can use ANY headset there is.
    I t would be nice to have a pair of headphones that allows you to unplug the cord from the headphones completely. That way you can just use a different cord that's about 2 feet or so, then it would be ideal not having a heavy cable that's to long between you and the controller.

Veteran
    I hate it when peeps don't like us customers complaining, sure it just launched and it's likely to experience problems but it's not like I spent $5 bucks on it. Since I did pay for it I do expect it to be fully functioning, if it isn't I expect them to address the issues ASAP, so if you don't care about not getting your money's worth then good but don't give us none of that good guy talk.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I hate it when peeps don't like us customers complaining, sure it just launched and it's likely to experience problems but it's not like I spent $5 bucks on it. Since I did pay for it I do expect it to be fully functioning, if it isn't I expect them to address the issues ASAP, so if you don't care about not getting your money's worth then good but don't give us none of that good guy talk.
    I agree but it is electronics. and seems to me Sony is doing an ok job helping people I think. I see your point tho

moving on Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I am sorry where did they tell you that you could change your theme again? Oh that's right they didn't. You just assumed that because the PS3 does this the PS4 would. Well you know what they say about assuming. You can say all you want about things you dont like about this console that's your right as a american but in the same breath I can and will give my counter point and observations.

Thread Information