Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Well, opened yesterday's delivery finally, took the hard drive out and replaced it. Plugged in my USB for system update, went through it rebooted and said failed. So of course I got worried, tried again and succeeded. So my Amazon is working and the hardest thing I encountered was getting the last damn screw out of the hard drive tray, I thought I was going to end up stripping it, lol. I also made sure to be gentle with the HDMI jack too. Played a little of the playroom app, can't d/l resogun right now, says store is under maintenance. Other than that, complete success!

Yeah, it is true the working ones are playing and not posting on Amazon. Especially, since Amazon had way more that just 900 units to distribute. My fears have subsided some reported issues.

Veteran
    Looking at the Amazon "reviews" and something noticeable is showing up.

Almost all the favorable reviews that are giving 5 star ratings are Amazon Verified Customer.

Almost all the negative reviews that are giving 1 star ratings are *NOT* Amazon Verified Customer, i.e., throwaway account.

One guy gives the PS4 one star because it doesn't play Blu-ray out of the box and admits he doesn't have one because that is the reason he isn't getting one. How the hell is that a "review"?

Also, this is where a new story is originating, that the defective units are from one Chinese plant where student and slave labor sabotaged PS4's. Suddenly, that story is showing up on N4G, and seeing it elsewhere. It went from a story that was heard to something stated as fact. Good old Interwebz comm logic.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...DateDescending
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Amazon comments and almost every gaming forum in existence Is being deluged by astroturfers and FUDding trolls. they have even invaded GAF, check out how the juniors suddenly pipe up with their bull$#@! FUD.

I'm still not sure why the mods haven't changed this thread's title to reflect this.

When someone claims "issues" they need to produce hard evidence. Video evidence, 99% of humanity have a cameraphone in their pocket. shouldn't be too difficult.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-17-2013 at 00:57.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yes, journalists are never overzealous
    And we should always take Greg Miller's opinion as gospel.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Next week should be fun to watch

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Nah it's gonna be sunshine and rainbows.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I hope so.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

100/10 from arthur gies, Ryan "goat" McCaffrey and co for everything boxed or encased in lime green.

Kotaku will no doubt love the "naughty bits that had to be cut" from the special EU ryse they had imported, they may even combine it with some hentai articles. 10/10

Richard Leadbitter will attest that the xbone looks like it was designed by NASA and indeed could one day unlock time travel. 10/10

Sessler will need to lie down because the awesome 720p has blown his tiny mind and ROCKED his world. 10/10 with the help of a pretentious thesaurus.

Arstechnica will forget the laws of physics. 11/10
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 11-17-2013 at 02:41.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    *stands in a corner whistling*
    Don't forget burying your head in the sand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    I went to Amazon and the ratings are signaling a 36% fail rate if you assume that the 1 star reviews are all claiming bricked consoles. Most of the ones I saw have verified purchaser next to their name. If it is true, is this a Sony problem or a poor handling of shipments through Amazon and UPS/FedEX? Again, this is just Amazon, not the ones sold from the others like Best Buy, Gamestop, etc.. An article I was reading I forget what city they checked, but no stores were having customer returns, which makes me think it is related to delivery methods of Amazon.
    Are you taking into account the amount of people that ordered off Amazon and the amount of people that are making there voices heard that their console is broken. For example you would not here off the people who say their console is working.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I hope so.
    I hope so too for everyone that is buying. But we all know almost every system releases with some sort of issue. Especially as rushed as both these systems were. They were both trying to great each other to the punch. That is when bumps in the road happen..

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Don't forget burying your head in the sand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    lol....what? You think everyone should buy into a mass of unverified reviews on Amazon? You gotta be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I hope so too for everyone that is buying. But we all know almost every system releases with some sort of issue. Especially as rushed as both these systems were. They were both trying to great each other to the punch. That is when bumps in the road happen..
    Yep. And you can bet your last dollar that there are going to be a ton of negative reviews on Amazon by a bunch of hyperactive PS kids who never purchased the X1 in the first place.
    Last edited by Christopher; 11-17-2013 at 02:05.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    I got a PS4 that was blue lighting (no, that's not why I created an account), but I didn't go to Amazon to give it a bad review. I don't think that's a very proactive thing to do. I was able to get through to Sony and I'm gonna have it sent in for repairs/replacement/whatever. Pretty painless process and hopefully a couple weeks from now, I'll be able to enjoy this beautiful system. I don't hold this against Amazon or Sony because consoles have flaws on release. The Xbox One will too. Mine just happened to be one of them. That's all.

14. Likes K2D , PS4freak , Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by amazingpupil View Post
    I got a PS4 that was blue lighting (no, that's not why I created an account), but I didn't go to Amazon to give it a bad review. I don't think that's a very proactive thing to do. I was able to get through to Sony and I'm gonna have it sent in for repairs/replacement/whatever. Pretty painless process and hopefully a couple weeks from now, I'll be able to enjoy this beautiful system. I don't hold this against Amazon or Sony because consoles have flaws on release. The Xbox One will too. Mine just happened to be one of them. That's all.
    Sorry you've had problems. Hopefully they will get it resolved quicker than a couple of weeks!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Are you taking into account the amount of people that ordered off Amazon and the amount of people that are making there voices heard that their console is broken. For example you would not here off the people who say their console is working.
    Yeah, I said that in a post that came after that post. That the people that are having a good time are not posting on Amazon and that Amazon shipped way more than the 900 reviews that are on there.

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    Sorry you've had problems. Hopefully they will get it resolved quicker than a couple of weeks!
    Thanks! I'm assuming a couple weeks since the site said 7-10 days and adding shipping time in (I'm still waiting on the service request e-mail), but yes. Hopefully sooner. Battlefield, Killzone, and AC4 are collecting dust. haha. Better late than never if it's working though!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    You do realize that the ones having problems are more likely to post negative reviews, right?
    Exactly, just about everyone who has a failure will go back to post a negative review, while the vast majority of those who are working great won't bother, a few will if prompted for review from Amazon.com, which isn't that frequent.

That said if only 300 some odd people had DOA units from amazon, that's probably pretty damn good. I'd suspect they had at least 250K units, maybe more.

I haven't heard of any of our boards Launch Day Edition members report a failed unit yet (unless I missed it.) And we're not afraid to speak up if we did have it happen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Why can't there be more level headed people like yourself!!! I know people can get frustrated when they spend a good chunk of change on something. But most just want to throw their arms up in the air and $#@! to high heaven instead of actually trying to remedy the problem. People don't think about what goes into getting these things to the market. It's not like Sony or Amazon is saying screw you, you're stuck with it.

I would like to see these people make 3 million plus of something and have every single one of them work. This goes on with electronics all the time. Rest assured it will most likely happen with the x1 as well, or the next iPhone or the Galaxy S5. People aren't willing to work to get the issue resolved. They are just concerned with putting out a bad name for the company of the product they bought from.

Also, sorry about the issues you are having. I hope you getting it worked out soon and get to experience this great system very soon.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-17-2013 at 03:18.

20. Likes K2D , TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I'm not taking any of those reviews seriously.
    If Sony fans are willing to start a petition to return the xbone to the drm box, then I'm sure most of those are XBOX fans creating an Amazon profile and making bogus reviews. Just like Bligmerg said in an above post, most of the negative reviews are 1 stars from non-verified customers, while all the positive are 5 starts and all verified customers.

22. Likes K2D , VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Why can't there be more level headed people like yourself!!! I know people can get frustrated when they spend a good chunk of change on something. But most just want to throw their arms up in the air and $#@! to high heaven instead of actually trying to remedy the problem. People don't think about what goes into getting these things to the market. It's not like Sony or Amazon is saying screw you, you're stuck with it.

I would like to see these people make 3 million plus of something and have every single one of them work. This goes on with electronics all the time. Rest assured it will most likely happen with the x1 as well, or the next iPhone or the Galaxy S5. People aren't willing to work to get the issue resolved. They are just concerned with putting out a bad name for the company of the product they bought from.

Also, sorry about the issues you are having. I hope you getting it worked out soon and get to experience this great system very soon.
    Exactly. And I'll admit, it crossed my mind to get my money back and getting an Xbox. It comes with the territory of the disappointment, really. But then I was thinking that if I do, I'd miss out on games like Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted, and an inevitable God Of War. And since I have a 360, I never was able to play those, so I want to. It's more exciting than your run-of-the-mill Halo game, you know?

And yeah. I was only on hold for like 20 minutes instead of those people saying hours and hours. After troubleshooting (which sucked because I had already done all of that), they said they'd accept it sent back. Now I'm waiting on the e-mail and box. And since I've seen all of the problems PS4s being from Amazon (as was mine), they might have just gotten a bad batch. I mean hell. I've waited for 5 months for it. I can't wait 2 more weeks? I have my 360, so it's not like I'm screwed.

24. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Exactly. And I'll admit, it crossed my mind to get my money back and getting an Xbox. It comes with the territory of the disappointment, really. But then I was thinking that if I do, I'd miss out on games like Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted, and an inevitable God Of War. And since I have a 360, I never was able to play those, so I want to. It's more exciting than your run-of-the-mill Halo game, you know?

And yeah. I was only on hold for like 20 minutes instead of those people saying hours and hours. After troubleshooting (which sucked because I had already done all of that), they said they'd accept it sent back. Now I'm waiting on the e-mail and box. And since I've seen all of the problems PS4s being from Amazon (as was mine), they might have just gotten a bad batch. I mean hell. I've waited for 5 months for it. I can't wait 2 more weeks? I have my 360, so it's not like I'm screwed.
    Well you are still taking it pretty well. I also ordered mine from Amazon and I just got done hooking it up and it works fine. I would still wait the extra two weeks bet it would seem like forever.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Tah Internetz u gotta love it. Ofc there will be DOA and bugs and bricks and explosions lol. This is a console not the second incoming of Jesus. But the hyperboles of 40% failure rate are just FUD. I think Sony will lie between 3%-5% of faulty consoles. Most of the bugs seems software related like crashes and freezes. Serious bricks are the ones who DOA. Send back the package to customer support and pray that you get a new console fast.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    This "issue" to me sounds like a HDCP problem. Maybe some of these tvs people are using are non HDCP compliant and that's why the PS4 refuses to show a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    This "issue" to me sounds like a HDCP problem. Maybe some of these tvs people are using are non HDCP compliant and that's why the PS4 refuses to show a picture?
    I haven't tried yet, but does the PS4 blink blue on startup if no TV is connected?

If so then that could very well be the problem, or possibly a handshaking issue with HDMI. I personally have a name brand HDTV (Samsung), and although it is 7 years old, it works like a charm with my PS4. Hooked up directly or via my 7 year old Onkyo, no problems with video showing.

I see tons of gamers out there with brands like Vizio, which are cheap for a reason. Maybe that is mostly to blame if this issue is really an issue (I still think M$ is behind this by a large margin, attempting a smear campaign).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by ITPython View Post
    I haven't tried yet, but does the PS4 blink blue on startup if no TV is connected?

If so then that could very well be the problem, or possibly a handshaking issue with HDMI. I personally have a name brand HDTV (Samsung), and although it is 7 years old, it works like a charm with my PS4. Hooked up directly or via my 7 year old Onkyo, no problems with video showing.

I see tons of gamers out there with brands like Vizio, which are cheap for a reason. Maybe that is mostly to blame if this issue is really an issue (I still think M$ is behind this by a large margin, attempting a smear campaign).
    It blinks blue when you start it up, then it turns solid white when it finds a picture.
    Continuing to blink blue sounds like the PS4 cant find the TV's signal.

Thread Information