Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    It blinks blue when you start it up, then it turns solid white when it finds a picture.
    Continuing to blink blue sounds like the PS4 cant find the TV's signal.
    When I first hooked up my PS4 I had it running through an HDMI splitter just as I had my PS3 doing (used the same cables and setup, except for the power cable, which I took from my slim PS3 since it was also lying around). And at first I got no picture, but I did have a white bar and audio (hinting to me the HDMI connection itself was fine, just an issue with the video transmitting). So I bypassed the splitter and connected my ps4 directly to my AVR, and it worked fine when I did that. And now, oddly enough, the splitter works with the PS4 (could have been some kind of initial resolution issue).

Makes me wonder if all these supposed BLOD users connected to a different HDMI source, like a monitor or splitter like me, if their PS4's would fire up like normal.

I still find all this craziness hard to believe, the xboners are riding this wave like crazy, spreading insane amounts of FUD everywhere on the net (was bad enough with the overblown reports pre-PS4 launch, now it is taken to a whole new level). I bet when Sony comments on the amount of people that actually had PS4's have issues, and sent them in, the failure rate will be extremely miniscule as most of this is all made up.

Who wants to bet that the xbone will get TONS of extremely favorable reviews right up front about how reliable it is? (like on places such as Amazon, and the gaming media in general). I think that is going to be guaranteed if my suspicions are correct, even if it has a worse actual failure rate than the PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Let the Xbox fans have their moment, its nothing they haven't had to endure since both consoles were announced.. They were always going to jump on any crumb that might fall their way..
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-17-2013 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Let the Xbots have their moment, its nothing they haven't had to endure since both consoles were announced.. They were always going to jump on any crumb that might fall their way..
    The problem is that this may really hurt the PS4. Imagine going back to the beginning of the PS3 days, where most 3rd party games were ports of 360 games, which made them run beyond terribly on the PS3, thus further discrediting the PS3 at each and every game launch (even though it was more powerful, just as the PS4 is to the xbone).

I personally don't want to deal with that again, and if the xbone sells more than the PS4, then developers will primarily develop for the xbone and just do a half-assed job when it comes to the PS4 version. I dunno about you, but 720p, or less, @ 30 FPS with numerous glitches in performance isn't what next gen should be about. Which is likely the case if devs focus on the xbone version then half-ass port (or whatever) to the PS4.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by ITPython View Post
    When I first hooked up my PS4 I had it running through an HDMI splitter just as I had my PS3 doing (used the same cables and setup, except for the power cable, which I took from my slim PS3 since it was also lying around). And at first I got no picture, but I did have a white bar and audio (hinting to me the HDMI connection itself was fine, just an issue with the video transmitting). So I bypassed the splitter and connected my ps4 directly to my AVR, and it worked fine when I did that. And now, oddly enough, the splitter works with the PS4 (could have been some kind of initial resolution issue).
    Could be an HDMI auto-detect and configure issue. Some HDMI splitters, even some active HDMI switches, you can use them with devices fine, but only after the devices have been direct connected and auto-detected and configured for the actual output device, in most cases, an HDTV or a computer display. Also, sometimes HDMI just temporarily freaks out. Not for no reason, but for no reason the user can tell.

Any why, why, dear oh me, is everyone still over this thread still around? I grant there's a place for a legitimate DOA launch PS4 thread, particularly for helping the very few people who will have problems to determine if it's a bad console or it's something else, their overall setup or something they're misconfiguring, a thing they can fix and proceed on their merry ways. A place for a LEGITIMATE DOA launch PS4 thread. This is not that thread.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    [Scrubbed from the face of the planet. Meant to edit and instead quoted myself and edited that. And I wonder why my wife complains I repeat myself all the time.]

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol....what? You think everyone should buy into a mass of unverified reviews on Amazon? You gotta be kidding.
    You need to go back and read my earlier posts in this thread. I already addressed this. It stupid to either accept or reject this problem 100%. You need to think of it as potentially problematic. Complete acceptance or rejection is foolish.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    You need to go back and read my earlier posts in this thread. I already addressed this. It stupid to either accept or reject this problem 100%. You need to think of it as potentially problematic. Complete acceptance or rejection is foolish.
    that's a very well put ideal there but havent many people here established he's trolling?

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by ITPython View Post
    The problem is that this may really hurt the PS4. Imagine going back to the beginning of the PS3 days, where most 3rd party games were ports of 360 games, which made them run beyond terribly on the PS3, thus further discrediting the PS3 at each and every game launch (even though it was more powerful, just as the PS4 is to the xbone).

I personally don't want to deal with that again, and if the xbone sells more than the PS4, then developers will primarily develop for the xbone and just do a half-assed job when it comes to the PS4 version. I dunno about you, but 720p, or less, @ 30 FPS with numerous glitches in performance isn't what next gen should be about. Which is likely the case if devs focus on the xbone version then half-ass port (or whatever) to the PS4.
    I'm going to be bold and say that it won't affect the PS4 at all, or very little.. There is also very little point in comparing this gen to last gen when it comes to 3rd party games.. They both share their architecture with the PC, and PC builds are already built with the idea of scalability and tweaking in mind.. It's not like they are going to have to build separate versions of the games for different consoles and a PC one as well, they will build one which will be a lot more easily optimised for each port. If anything it will be harder to optimise the Xbox one versions from what I have read. They ain't going to make it the lead console for development and then have to tweak it twice to get it to run on PS4 and PC when they can make one version for PS4 and PC and tweak it once to run on Xbox one.

9. Likes ITPython likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yeah....where you said most were "verified", but in fact most weren't? Nah, giving any credence to the crap load of hit and run BS reviews on Amazon is foolish. Rejecting it because of what it is and until more substantial evidence of a problem isn't foolish at all. But you want to characterize it as "head in sand"? lol
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have changed the title to more accurately reflect the OP true feelings

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Why is this thread still open? It's very obvious it was a trolling!!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    Why is this thread still open? It's very obvious it was a trolling!!
    Because I want it open, and see nothing wrong with people talking about the OP and his troll thread. We high jacked this $#@!, no one took that bait and I am doing an investigation into this guy.

14. Likes 33x , ITPython likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Certainly shows the cretinous nature of the o.p. that he so poorly disguised his effort to troll. ..poor kid.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Because I want it open, and see nothing wrong with people talking about the OP and his troll thread. We high jacked this $#@!, no one took that bait and I am doing an investigation into this guy.
    It's better now since the thread title was changed :P

17. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    that's a very well put ideal there but havent many people here established he's trolling?

Yes, but there are some problems that you can't ignore at this point.

moving on Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah....where you said most were "verified", but in fact most weren't? Nah, giving any credence to the crap load of hit and run BS reviews on Amazon is foolish. Rejecting it because of what it is and until more substantial evidence of a problem isn't foolish at all. But you want to characterize it as "head in sand"? lol
    What you have is some totally believing that it is a problem and you and some others totally dismissing it. Those are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. Both are bad positions. And yes, burying your head in the sand is as bad a position as some who are reveling in the news.

As for the verified vs not verified Amazon buyers, when I checked last night and read only the one star reviews, the first two pages were almost all verified purchasers. I apologize for not detailing that when I posted.

I also posted this the other day..

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...98#post6245798

When that many consoles are sold at once you're going to hear about defects. Game consoles and phones are probably some of the few items that tend to sell a ton at once. If there's a problem people run to the internet to complain. That's the only reason it's an issue right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    Yup, good idea. If a wave of people come in here FUD'ing, you can just merge their threads with this one rather than watch the topic come up over and over again like cancer. Wise move.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    What you have is some totally believing that it is a problem and you and some others totally dismissing it. Those are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. Both are bad positions. And yes, burying your head in the sand is as bad a position as some who are reveling in the news.

As for the verified vs not verified Amazon buyers, when I checked last night and read only the one star reviews, the first two pages were almost all verified purchasers. I apologize for not detailing that when I posted.

I also posted this the other day..

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...98#post6245798
    If last generation has shown us anything, it's that Amazon numbers mean jack $#@! in real world terms. We saw it when PS3 would super high on their charts and the forums would buzz about the Ps3 out selling the 360 in NA, it never happened that way. At no point have we ever been able to point at Amazon reviews, sales stats, or anything else and have it matter in the least in the real world, and no its not even a good indication of trend like some like to say. It means nothing.

Veteran
    I understand how bad it is to have your console die on you, not like this though but I do, you should contact Sony asap and get them to give you a new one right away.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Been checking the reviews and many are verified from the few pages I read. Seems to be limited to Amazon tho. I'll wait for Sony official response and many could be trolling, or an id 10 t problem.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    well I kinda nibbled at the bait initially then I saw his profile and looked up the quoted statistics being provided and I was like whoops, he got me a bit lol. nice title change though, very suiting.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Been checking the reviews and many are verified from the few pages I read. Seems to be limited to Amazon tho. I'll wait for Sony official response and many could be trolling, or an id 10 t problem.
    They could all be legit and it would not matter in the least. At no point can you call the review section of Amazon as a valid sample. It literally means nothing in real world terms.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL @ amazonreviewgate and @ those who bring the number up as any kind of meaningful indicator.

Maybe the failure rate is really high...but I dare say there would be much more activity in forums across the board. GAF also have said the same, there isn't any super massive influx of disgruntled brick owners. If it is the case, better to wait for a more reliable source than an open review platform on amazon.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    LOL @ amazonreviewgate and @ those who bring the number up as any kind of meaningful indicator.

Maybe the failure rate is really high...but I dare say there would be much more activity in forums across the board. GAF also have said the same, there isn't any super massive influx of disgruntled brick owners. If it is the case, better to wait for a more reliable source than an open review platform on amazon.
    Then why is it an article on the PSU front page? If you're going to claim that it's not reliable source then you really shouldn't post articles about it for the whole world to see.

http://www.psu.com/a021677/PS4-recei...mazon-excited-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Then why is it an article on the PSU front page? If you're going to claim that it's not reliable source then you really shouldn't post articles about it for the whole world to see.

http://www.psu.com/a021677/PS4-recei...mazon-excited-
    HE didn't post an article, an editor working for PSU thought it would make a good article. That still doesn't change the fact that its non-news and pointless.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    HE didn't post an article, an editor working for PSU thought it would make a good article. That still doesn't change the fact that its non-news and pointless.
    Yet this is still here.

Thread Information