Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

PSU Developments Highlight #1: Twitch TV intergration

Hello PSU community and lurkers,

for the first time in years, PSU has the resources to evolve as a site. There are some REALLY cool things brewing behind the scenes; changes that were once just pipe dreams are now actually in the works and you guys are going to LOVE it.

Today however, I wanted to draw your attention to the new Twitch TV facilities now at PSU! Moving forward PSU will be host to live streams for both staff members as well as a group of special community streamers. If you are on the homepage (www.psu.com) while staff members are streaming you will see it right where the flash console is!

We now have it so that you can toggle the chat box open and closed. If you have a Twitch TV account you can simply and instantly start chatting in the window without any kind of log in. Looking into the near future it's easy to see written reviews with Twitch sessions where they answer YOUR questions about the game live as they play.

It's not just for the staff though. PSU is bringing on people from the community to feature their streams at PSU. At the launch of this initiative we have 10 streamers but over time this will probably branch out. You can tell when a community streamer is playing with a special message highlighted below on the left. The Twitch icon on the right will take you to PSU's Twitch TV page at the Twitch site (this replaces the old green news submit button pictured above).

It also displays in the forums, no matter where you are! Also worth noting, you will ONLY see this message when someone is streaming.

When you click on that message you'll get taken to this page...

You can also chat with the streamer here in exactly the same way as on the main page...

Not bad huh? If you like the idea of people watching you while you play with yourself, or others in multiplayer action, you could eventually join the ranks of those representing PSU while getting you and your channel more exposure.

There is a forum in the community HUB section of the forums where you can check out the official staff schedules as well as a community streamer section where our current roster have OT's to let you know what they'll be playing. Go check it out!
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-16-2013 at 21:49.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Don't see any of that on my screen. Tell me... is it because I'm black?

Or does it only appear when streaming?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Don't see any of that on my screen. Tell me... is it because I'm black?

Or does it only appear when streaming?
    it only apears when someone streaming

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    When no one is streaming:

When someone is streaming:

Also note, the stream isn't set to auto play so you have to press play on the player.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-17-2013 at 15:44.

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Following the link on my iPad yesterday it takes you to the browser, which then asks you to either download or (in my case) open the Twitch app, which it then does but doesn't take you to the stream directly. (I had to search the name of the streamer to find it).

So just a suggestion - can all the video being streamed by PSU'ers have, or start, with "PSU - " in the title. Makes them very easy to find in the iPad Twitch app?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Following the link on my iPad yesterday it takes you to the browser, which then asks you to either download or (in my case) open the Twitch app, which it then does but doesn't take you to the stream directly. (I had to search the name of the streamer to find it).

So just a suggestion - can all the video being streamed by PSU'ers have, or start, with "PSU - " in the title. Makes them very easy to find in the iPad Twitch app?
    That sounds pretty reasonable, and helpful actually.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post

I'll pass this feedback on to the team, thanks a lot.

Thread Information