Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm curious to know, is the touch pad used for anything?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    You can move the curser with it on the map screen in AC4

tapatalk post

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    There's some use for it now but not a lot. Im sure developers will incorporate it into gameplay in some form or fashion. Currently the uses I've seen are web browsing and checking the score in a Call of duty ghosts lobby (press the screen like a button)

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Used heavily in KZ: SF. Controls OWL actions
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Used heavily in KZ: SF. Controls OWL actions
    Ah that's cool makes sense seeing as its a first party dev. how is it in KZ? pretty fluid, like it belongs or kinda weird?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Make an XL version… that would be good.. I have huge hands
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm not sure how I feel about the L2/R2 triggers. They still have that squishy feel, which is good for racing, but still not great for shooting. The Xbox triggers still feel better for shooting IMO.

Forum Elder
    A usb fleshlight, lol..

Joking, the ds4 is so much improved.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It's minimal right now.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    Does the DS4 still have Sixaxis? I hope it does, I did like how some games used it and they used it well I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    longer lasting grip on the analog sticks.
    What happened to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post

I like the ergonomics of it seeing as the ds3 made my hands cramp.

I just wonder how many who found the DS3 uncomfortable, were simply gripping it wrong. The pads are supposed to cradle/sit in your fingers, not be gripped by your palm. In fact the only part of the palm that touches the DS3 is the part just below your fingers. If you had it any other way, then that explains the cramping.

I personally found the DS3 controller perfectly fine and not uncomfortable in the least no matter how long I played, and even had no issues whatsoever with the slanted downward triggers. Not sure why people got so bent out of shape about that, perhaps too many were using R2/L2 for fire/aim (360 users), rather than R1/L1.

Now the PS4 controller on the other hand, is meant to be gripped by most of the palm, and this seems to be quite favorable for 360 users used to that concept. I love it too, and it feels extremely comfortable! Possibly the best feeling controller I have ever held when it comes to grip.

- So far one thing I would change is the Options button, it's just a bit too recessed for how often it is used. I find myself stumbling to find it every now and then, and having to look down to find it quickly. Its recession plus the fact it is close to triangle, makes it a bit awkward. If it protruded out a bit more so it is more definable like the DS3 start button, it would be perfect IMO. Share button could use a bit more protrusion as well, but it so far hasn't given me much issue.

- Another thing I would change is the micro USB port, I have a ton of mini-USB cables lying around for my PS3 and other devices, but micro-USB is rare in my homestead (only my phone uses it). So since the DS4 uses a different connector, I now have to go buy new micro-USB cords for it. This seems like a growing trend with the PS4, I am going to need to buy many new devices, and now cords, just for the PS4 because I simply cannot use the ones that I had with my PS3. Not a huge deal, just annoying. And a bit of a oversight on Sony's part IMO.

- The third thing I would change is the height of the analog sticks, they just feel too low, and offer noticeably less "travel" when compared to the DS3's sticks. They are a heck of a lot more responsive though, but not being able to move it as far over as the DS3 analog sticks feels a bit awkward. I use a FPS Freek stick extension on my right stick, which makes it feel REALLY nice, but I find the left stick to be a bit more awkward to use than the DS3, I may pick up one of the shorter FPSFreeks extensions (CQC) and stick it on there for good measure.

- The last thing I would change, which I really don't really care too much about but would like to see as an option, is dimming (or turning off) of the light bar. Even in a fully lit room it is pretty bright, can't imagine playing in the dark (or watching a movie) with that bright light shining out from the controller (especially when it is green... OH MY!).

Other than those few minor things, I am really enjoying the DS4, and the touchpad works great for KZSF! It's like having another d-pad, but quicker and more fun to use! Overall, the DS4 is a homerun.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Yeah battery life should be #1. My DS3 would last for ages.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the L2/R2 triggers. They still have that squishy feel, which is good for racing, but still not great for shooting. The Xbox triggers still feel better for shooting IMO.
    I've never been fond of using R2/L2 for shoot/aim, R1/L1 are ideal for me. No reason to have any button travel when it comes to aiming or shooting in a game, it's either on or off. And R1/L1 are exactly that... just on/off buttons. Even with the DS4 I switch any game I can to use R1 for shoot and L1 for aim (did this in KZSF, glad they offered that option). And it feels great, although the default was R2/L2, which worries me as some shooters on the PS4 may force default this setup, which would be horrible. This would pander to the 360 users a little too much, PS games should always be default R1/L1 for shoot/aim.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Does the DS4 still have Sixaxis? I hope it does, I did like how some games used it and they used it well I thought.
    Well, it has the sixaxis motion things in the controller, as you can tilt the controller for use as keyboard input. But currently it is horrible IMO, no idea how anybody could use it successfully cause it is really fast and goes the opposite way you think it will. I tilt the controller left and the cursor goes right. If I tilt it right and the cursor goes left. Makes no sense to me, maybe my motion thing got inverted by accident.

Not sure if any games use it yet, but that's fine by me, I always hated the motion thing. If I want to flail my arms and limbs around to control things on the screen, I'll buy a Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Yeah battery life should be #1. My DS3 would last for ages.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a battery extension pack made available that plugs into the micro-USB port and gives many hours more of power supply for the controller. Cause the DS4 battery does drain faster than the DS3.
    Last edited by ITPython; 11-18-2013 at 10:40.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I played about ten hours straight of ghosts and still had one bar of battery...seems like the first charge or two didn't last as long as they are lasting now...4 or 5 cycles in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Isn't that one of those nano carbon tube materials they're having so much trouble mass producing?

Tapatalk
    Yep

http://www.dvice.com/2013-4-29/graph...eries-tomorrow

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...eries/?ref=rss

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Yeah, the only thing I found that I'd like to have changed on the DS4 is the battery life.

I haven't run it completely down, but I've taken it from fully charged to 1 bar in about 8-10hrs of game play. That said, I love the fact that it charges off of just about any USB charge (have only heard about iPhone chargers having issues) and I've got my 2A charger next to my seat, so if it runs down during gaming I can plug it in (actually played a few hours that way just to see if it would annoy me, and it doesn't.)

On the DS3, I'd say it would take about 3x the usage to discharge the battery to that level.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    The only thing, I've noticed that mini usb is more prone to become loose and get to a point with cell phones where they quit charging if you move them...I've thrown away a few mini cables because they won't charge. Granted the controller feels tight every time I plug it in...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information