Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by aAkarmanvVa View Post
    text chatroom Here, I am hoping to grab Sony's attention with my concern with PS4 chatroom. First, allow me to elborate how I got this this point. I am deaf and there are thousands of deaf playstation gamers. So I thank you for expanding my friend list to 2k. During PS3 era, me and friends have been switching between game and chatroom with one button - PS button. That's all it takes to one place to other, fairly easy to use. Unfortunately I couldn't find chatroom in PS4 interface. So I tried two methods; Party and Message. Party isn't exactly chatroom where it's primary designed for audio-chatting. Remember we're deaf. Sure it got text on right side. Whenever you sign-off, you'll be removed from party indefinitely. So, it's out of the picture. Onto Message application where sony finally collapsed receive and sent message into one piece where it looks like text messaging. I have invited everyone including friends who still using PS3. Whoops, us PS4 users spammed their (PS3 users) message inbox. There's one BIG annoying thing about messaging application is that it is not one button away between Message and Gameplay. Now with PS4, you have to press PS button, UP button and then finally press X to enter message and then press X again to select what message to enter. once you're done, press PS button then press X. PS3: 2 presses. PS4: 6 presses. Could you please make this more deaf-friendly for deaf loyal sony fanboys? Not just for us, but also for others who doesn't have or want to use audio devices? This is all from my limited knowledge with PS4 system. If I somehow missed anything or if you found a secret (or not) way to make it a button away between chatroom and gameplay, please let me know! Other than that, what do you think of this? Thoughts, discussion and share would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your in-depth explanation! I think I may know how to solve your problem. Firstly, yes messaging needs to be simpler, but the text chat system is basically in place with the ps4. Currently, if you send a message to multiple people (which is tedious at the moment i know, I suggested a fix in the OP) it basically creates a text chat. If one user responds, each person who is sent the original message will see their response. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ugh.. they need to make friends requests a little more simply to accept, etc. No need for users to press a button five times to accept a friends request. Same with Name requests, deleting stuff, etc.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    -Fix the optional download feature! When I hit download later I expect it to download later. Not automatically start when I don't want it to!

-Pause downloads! Facepalm Sony!

-Offline mode. Can't believe you have to be online to check your trophy list

-Edit gameplay videos from UI

-Save multiple Internet connections. Still shocked they didn't add this day one.

-Themes

-mp3 and video support

-Organization options for the UI setup
    I'll count your ideas! After I update the OP I'm going to tweet this list to some sony people. If you guys want to do the same (maybe add some hashtags?) I think it would help

EDIT:
    I added this to OP

Live from PlayStation upgrades
    Allow us to search/sort streams by title, game, and username. If I find a player streaming on Live From Playstation, allow me to subscribe to them, which sends me a notification whenever they stream a game and/or places it in the what's new section. Maybe have a featured section with featured streamers (this could be a good way to promote certain events/content. Maybe have a developer stream an upcoming game and do a Q/A with their fans!)

And I tweeted every ps person i could find on twitter even if they do dev relations lol
    Last edited by mini E; 01-23-2014 at 23:04.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    WOOPS Double post sorry

PS4 Launch Edition

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Just shamefully bumping this thread since I know we have a new wave of ps4 owners that I'm sure will have some input

PS4 Launch Edition

Thread Information