Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,500 (0 Banked)

    My very own Pirate Cove

    So I've put about 10hrs into AC4...this game is gorgeous by the way.

    There is so much to do it's mind blowing. 10hrs in and I only just had my first fort fight. My first harpooning session. I've not had a chance to dive yet to find out whats going on under the water.

    The map is HUGENORMOUS! And you can easily find yourself side tracked into jumping off the boat to grab a chest on an island.

    Today I was happy beyond words to see that I was given my very own pirate cove. For those of you that enjoyed building your own Villa in AC2....that system is back! Only with pirate stuff! Which makes it COOLER!

    Uhg, this game is everything I wanted it to be.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  2. Likes Linconan likes this post
  3. #2
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,305
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    108,302 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Got to admit, though I don't care for AC games... this is peaking my interest somewhat. Like the ability to just sail about, loved doing that in Windwaker. Might pick it up cheap at some point.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  4. #3
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,500 (0 Banked)
    I'll be streaming it again tomorrow, you should come check it out

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  5. #4
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    The map is HUGENORMOUS! And you can easily find yourself side tracked into jumping off the boat to grab a chest on an island.

    Today I was happy beyond words to see that I was given my very own pirate cove. For those of you that enjoyed building your own Villa in AC2....that system is back! Only with pirate stuff! Which makes it COOLER!

    Uhg, this game is everything I wanted it to be.
    Do you mean the island where you get to build the Tavern , shops...etc ?! Because i too reached this point and fighting my first fort. But failed miserably at the one next to it, need to upgrade my ship, but it takes time to collect reasonable amount of money.

    But yeah, the game is great, it's the first Assassin'c Creed game i play since Brotherhood ( didn't even complete the game ) and i'm enjoying it very much.
    Last edited by Abdou23; 11-18-2013 at 17:54.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  6. #5
    Dedicated Member
    PS3!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    2,796 (0 Banked)
    I cannot wait to start this game. Its been killing me that Ive put it off this long (purchase ps3 copy). AARRRRRRRRRRR!
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

  7. #6
    Apprentice
    vinny_pizza79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    3,855 (0 Banked)
    Just started playing and this game is sick. One question though, in the beginning when your in Havana and have to tail the guards with the sugar guy, I always get too close and get desynchronized or whatever it says. How far away do I need to be?

    Also, what's with desynchronized and that whole weird segment where it seems like you're in a virtual reality game? Did I turn something on that gave it that weird storyline?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,264
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    225,187 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Can't wait to get this game, sounds as thought it's as good as it looks if not better. Get in this Friday and then will only have to wait 1 more week to play it!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  9. #8
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,293
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    51,186 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Do you mean the island where you get to build the Tavern , shops...etc ?! Because i too reached this point and fighting my first fort. But failed miserably at the one next to it, need to upgrade my ship, but it takes money to collect reasonable amount of money.

    But yeah, the game is great, it's the first Assassin'c Creed game i play since Brotherhood ( didn't even complete the game ) and i'm enjoying it very much.
    Do you mean the Fort w/ the 7 Towers. That's on the way to the town one? I tried it about 3 times, and had it down to 1 tower before I died. I decided to move on and come back later (was actually my first attempt to take over a fort, LOL.) The Pirate cove you get after you meet up w/ Captain Kidd and get introduced to the Blow Dart. Complete that mission and it's yours. Other Forts you just capture and I think they protect the waters around it.

    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Just started playing and this game is sick. One question though, in the beginning when your in Havana and have to tail the guards with the sugar guy, I always get too close and get desynchronized or whatever it says. How far away do I need to be?

    Also, what's with desynchronized and that whole weird segment where it seems like you're in a virtual reality game? Did I turn something on that gave it that weird storyline?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Take to the Roofs on this one, and then watch for the killers coming in, take them down quickly and stay out of sight as they two keep looking around a lot.

    I only wish there was more metal around, that's the thing holding back my ship upgrades the most (wood to a lesser extent.)

    I'm thinking about trying to capture a couple frigates, the Brigs have too little cargo space for the longer/bigger pay missions. I'm a bit pissed off that Ubi hasn't released this app on more than a handful of tablets. I checked there other companion apps (such as Far Cry) and they're available on all 5 of my Droid devices. It would be great to take a quick break every couple hours at work and send out my fleet (and clear out the trash in the shipping lanes.) I like this one hell of a lot more than other attempts at quick games.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 11-18-2013 at 17:17.



  10. #9
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    So I've put about 10hrs into AC4...this game is gorgeous by the way.

    There is so much to do it's mind blowing. 10hrs in and I only just had my first fort fight. My first harpooning session. I've not had a chance to dive yet to find out whats going on under the water.

    The map is HUGENORMOUS! And you can easily find yourself side tracked into jumping off the boat to grab a chest on an island.

    Today I was happy beyond words to see that I was given my very own pirate cove. For those of you that enjoyed building your own Villa in AC2....that system is back! Only with pirate stuff! Which makes it COOLER!

    Uhg, this game is everything I wanted it to be.
    That sounds pretty awesome. I might go snatch this dang game for the PS4 even though my son has it on the 360.




  11. #10
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Do you mean the Fort w/ the 7 Towers. That's on the way to the town one? I tried it about 3 times, and had it down to 1 tower before I died. I decided to move on and come back later (was actually my first attempt to take over a fort, LOL.) The Pirate cove you get after you meet up w/ Captain Kidd and get introduced to the Blow Dart. Complete that mission and it's yours. Other Forts you just capture and I think they protect the waters around it.
    Yeah, you actually get a mission to take down your first fort and using your mortar, then killing the fort commander,then i tried the one with the 7 towers couple of times then i failed, needs more upgrades.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  12. #11
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,500 (0 Banked)
    The game continues to impress me, even though yesterdays game session left me somewhat irritated at points lol. I just went through a stint of tail/eavesdrop missions, 3 or 4 of them that felt a little too close together to be honest. I don't necessarily mind those missions, but when they are that tightly packed in together, it just slows the pace of the game down too much.

    The game also out leveled me lol. I'm so used to ripping through the story missions of an open world game, then going back and completing tasks and finding collectables after I beat it. Doing that in this game simply doesn't work. You have to pace yourself and upgrade your ship as you go because I've now reached a mission that basically told me it's going to be too hard for me. Not to mention you'll find yourself sailing around running into forts and ship battles that are way out of your league.

    So I'm now on a quest to upgrade my ship. To do this I'll need to farm up some kill contracts and take down some boats and forts that are in my difficulty range before I can proceed on to the next mission. This was shocking to me, but it's also good to see Ubi built in a method to control the pace of the game.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  13. #12
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,293
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    51,186 (0 Banked)
    I'm finding I've already done a number of things before the game introduces them, but I'm fine with that. There are a couple Forts in the Easy - Northern Area that are actually much easier to take out, and others in the Medium area that are easier to take out. I've taken out 4 Forts, and did their follow up Naval Challenge missions as well. The first one I did was full Bars on the difficulty, LOL and I hadn't upgraded too much, it was a $#@! of a challenge and I figured out that while you could board during it, not all action stopped as the ship that I was to protect sailed out of range and I d-sync'd. One of the Naval Challenges, after I accepted it, it auto-completed because I had already met the requirements, I think I had to get so much of some item (cloth maybe) from attacking other ships.



  14. #13
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,500 (0 Banked)
    I sort of cheesed one of the kill missions. I hit the kill target with a berserk dart and let all his minions kill him for me lol.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  15. #14
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,293
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    51,186 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    The game continues to impress me, even though yesterdays game session left me somewhat irritated at points lol. I just went through a stint of tail/eavesdrop missions, 3 or 4 of them that felt a little too close together to be honest. I don't necessarily mind those missions, but when they are that tightly packed in together, it just slows the pace of the game down too much.

    The game also out leveled me lol. I'm so used to ripping through the story missions of an open world game, then going back and completing tasks and finding collectables after I beat it. Doing that in this game simply doesn't work. You have to pace yourself and upgrade your ship as you go because I've now reached a mission that basically told me it's going to be too hard for me. Not to mention you'll find yourself sailing around running into forts and ship battles that are way out of your league.

    So I'm now on a quest to upgrade my ship. To do this I'll need to farm up some kill contracts and take down some boats and forts that are in my difficulty range before I can proceed on to the next mission. This was shocking to me, but it's also good to see Ubi built in a method to control the pace of the game.
    I was going the opposite route. I started out with a completionist mentality. Doing everything everywhere. Then I got to Havana, and I figured I'd spend too much time doing it, so I moved on, but I've come back there a couple more times via the story and I've completed the majority of it. But all the forts, Islands, etc. that I've been to that has a fast travel back to a town/fort/cove with the exception of Havana is yellow on the map, meaning I've done all the Sidequests, found all the chests, sync points, glyphs, shanties, contracts, ...

    I'll still do this for all the small area's as it doesn't take too long to do so, but for the larger area's I think I'm going to ease up on the completionist focus.

    I'm currently at the last part of Chapt 5, and have been more focused on taking out Brigs to try to get metal and wood to upgrade the Jackdaw. The best thing about this, is you can do this until you're bored or it starts to feel repetitive, and then you just move on to doing something else, go do some fishing, hunting, attack a fort, hit some sunken treasure (don't have my dive bell yet, so I'm planning finishing up Chapt 5 tonight so I can start Chapt 6 to get it.)

    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I sort of cheesed one of the kill missions. I hit the kill target with a berserk dart and let all his minions kill him for me lol.
    Awesome, I think I might use that strategy when doing some Assassin missions.



  16. #15
    Apprentice
    vinny_pizza79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    3,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Take to the Roofs on this one, and then watch for the killers coming in, take them down quickly and stay out of sight as they two keep looking around a lot.
    I'll give that a try, didn't get to play last night as I got home late from work. After reading the other posts though, I'm fired up to start exploring!


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

  17. #16
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    6,428 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I sort of cheesed one of the kill missions. I hit the kill target with a berserk dart and let all his minions kill him for me lol.
    Sometimes it's fun to just toss a dart or two and watch the mayhem ensue. Good while you snack

  18. #17
    Apprentice
    vinny_pizza79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    3,855 (0 Banked)
    I want a berserker dart!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,198 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post

    Also, what's with desynchronized and that whole weird segment where it seems like you're in a virtual reality game? Did I turn something on that gave it that weird storyline?
    Have you played an AC game before mate? You are in a virtual reality type of environment, the historical portions are supposedly plucked out of genetic memory from the ancestor of a modern day protagonist who is hooked up to a machine. (Animus)

  20. #19
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,293
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    51,186 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    I want a berserker dart!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    You get them at the end of Sequence 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Have you played an AC game before mate? You are in a virtual reality type of environment, the historical portions are supposedly plucked out of genetic memory from the ancestor of a modern day protagonist who is hooked up to a machine. (Animus)
    I was wondering this myself. It doesn't sound like he knows who Desmond Miles is

    Vinny, you may actually want to go back and play AC II. It's probably the best of all the previous AC games (There's AC, AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC III, AC Liberation (PS Vita but coming to PS3/4), and now AC IV.)

    AC I is only good if you want Altair's story, the AC II, Bro, Rev are great for Ezio's story and then AC III with Conor who's Edwards grandson - all re-lived by Desmond Miles in modern times.

    These games would give you a very different perspective about Abstergo compared to what you're getting right now in AC IV.

    EDIT: I will say they don't do as much hand holding as past AC games, so you're expect to either already know how to play AC games, or pay close attention to the prompts and hints. Many things that it's trying to teach I started doing from the first second. It's only limiting things like certain equipment until you get so far into the story to do (Darts and Diving Bell are two of these.) I really love that the fast travel on the AC IV (and it may only be the Next Gen version) is extremely quick. On the PS3 games, when it towns, I could often run to the location I could fast travel to in the time it took the game to get you there. Here it's a couple seconds instead of something like 15s.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 11-19-2013 at 23:07.



  21. #20
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    10,050 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I've got to admit I'm in the same boat as having never been too pushed on the AC series, but this one is certainly piquing my interest. This, of course, may be a result of the PS4's lineup. I'll see if I can pick it up cheap.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  22. #21
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    529 (0 Banked)
    Really enjoying the game. Its a *lot* like Far Cry 3, without the psychotic sex and drugs.

    Sinking the hell out of things, ship is more than capable enough now of handling the medium forts. Not quite ready for the Legendary ships yet, though!

  23. #22
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,198 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dado View Post
    Really enjoying the game. Its a *lot* like Far Cry 3, without the psychotic sex and drugs.

    Sinking the hell out of things, ship is more than capable enough now of handling the medium forts. Not quite ready for the Legendary ships yet, though!
    Gutted...

  24. #23
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    10,050 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Dado View Post
    Really enjoying the game. Its a *lot* like Far Cry 3, without the psychotic sex and drugs.

    Sinking the hell out of things, ship is more than capable enough now of handling the medium forts. Not quite ready for the Legendary ships yet, though!
    Oh really? I adored Far Cry 3. Now I'm even more intrigued. I just remember the controls of the ones I played, (Brotherhood and II) to be a bit... inflexible. The animation's just didn't seem fluid for a game that subsumes itself in free roaming/climbing.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  25. #24
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,293
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    51,186 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dado View Post
    Really enjoying the game. Its a *lot* like Far Cry 3, without the psychotic sex and drugs.

    Sinking the hell out of things, ship is more than capable enough now of handling the medium forts. Not quite ready for the Legendary ships yet, though!
    I started taking on the Frigates and making good bank, metal and wood. I didn't realize at first that you can board during the middle of a battle, so I would try to take everything out, then do boarding. LOL, that was the wrong play. Maybe the game said something about it and I missed it, but I figured you'd get blown to $#@! if you did this.

    After I figured that out, I'd try to knock out a few, see and if I got damaged, I'd go board one of the lower end ones (Schooners and Brigs) for repairs, and save the Frigates to send back to my fleet.

    The one thing that's annoying about this is you can't Scuttle your existing lower end ships when you jump back into the fleet view BEFORE you have to make a decision on keeping / scuttling ships. You can buy docks if you have the gems though, but now I'm up to 2K for a dock so that's a number of ships to scuttle to get there.

    In a relatively short time though I built up a decent amount of metal, wood and money and then did some decent upgrades, so now I'm sure these battles will be even easier. I want to max everything out though (at least to the elite plans) but that's a lot of wood and metal to collect.



  26. #25
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    In a relatively short time though I built up a decent amount of metal, wood and money and then did some decent upgrades, so now I'm sure these battles will be even easier. I want to max everything out though (at least to the elite plans) but that's a lot of wood and metal to collect.
    Metal is very annoying to collect, and it's very essential in upgrading weapons specially the Mortar.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.