Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

Assassin's Creed 4 Thoughts?

Anyone here have this game and have given it extended playtime?

After III I'm extremely hesitant to get the game. That game is to bugs and glitches what the ocean is to water. I also don't want to listen to their promises of patches fixing issues, such as they lied about with their day one patch with that game.

The other thing is the story. The thing in past games that caught my attention was the conspiracy aspect, but I don't really see much they can do with that with their Caribbean location. I know there's still present day, but that's not the part that interests me too much.

PSN ID
    Demonhunter84
    I bought it last week and put a few hours on it.Havent ran into any bugs to speak of yet but this pirate theme makes me feel like Pirates of The Carribbean. Never played AC3 as I heard it was really buggy and didnt want that.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Last AC i played was brotherhood ( never finished it ) but Black Flag is very impressive, There is so much to do and the game feels quit balanced between spending time on water and land. Also i like the idea of upgrading your ship and your safe island.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by psmgamer View Post
    I bought it last week and put a few hours on it.Havent ran into any bugs to speak of yet but this pirate theme makes me feel like Pirates of The Carribbean. Never played AC3 as I heard it was really buggy and didnt want that.
    Good to hear that it's a lot more stable than ACIII.

Will likely wait until there's some sort of sale on Steam. I'm anxious to play it, but because of the setting I can definitely wait until it drops in price.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's a brilliant game, much better than ACIII and absolutely massive, filled with heaps of things to see and do. You'll get distracted from the main campaign, believe me.

I actually reviewed the game for PSU, so please give it a read and hopefully that will help you make your decision

http://www.psu.com/a021543/Assassins...n-years?page=0
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I really like it have played through them all up to AC3 which I still havent started so since I'm playing 4 I hope with me missing 3 I won't lose out on the story. I love the sailing of your own ship on the high seas the ship battles the only think that gets me is why Edward knows all the assassin combat but isn't one????

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    It's a brilliant game, much better than ACIII and absolutely massive, filled with heaps of things to see and do. You'll get distracted from the main campaign, believe me.

I actually reviewed the game for PSU, so please give it a read and hopefully that will help you make your decision

http://www.psu.com/a021543/Assassins...n-years?page=0
    Thanks, I'll give it a read later.

About getting distracted, I do that with just about any game that allows you to do that. Past AC games any time I unlock something new I finish that before I continue with the story (which typically plays out oddly since you'll be a pro at doing something but the next story mission has an NPC explaining it to you as if you've never done it... or like in III, having the Betsy Ross flag flying over liberated forts before conflict started and before the flag even exists in history).

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Anyone here have this game and have given it extended playtime?

After III I'm extremely hesitant to get the game. That game is to bugs and glitches what the ocean is to water. I also don't want to listen to their promises of patches fixing issues, such as they lied about with their day one patch with that game.

The other thing is the story. The thing in past games that caught my attention was the conspiracy aspect, but I don't really see much they can do with that with their Caribbean location. I know there's still present day, but that's not the part that interests me too much.
    I was extremely wary of getting another assassins creed after 3. but I finally said well $#@! it I've played all the other ones I might as well.
    and boy lemme tell ya I'm so damn glad I got it. this is my favorite ac title and there's just so much $#@! to do and upgrade. trust me man do not miss out on this game. if u don't like it, I'll send u 60$ so try it risk free, guaranteed

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I like your confidence, haha. Reading more it sounds like it is a good step up from ACIII, with plenty to do and unlock and upgrade. The two major things holding me back are still the location and story. Reviews seem hit or miss on the story and while they do rave about the naval combat, my favorite non-story aspect of the series has been stealth kills (if I want naval warfare I'll start up Silent Hunter).

No doubt I'll get the game, I just hope Steam has a sale (or maybe some digital Black Friday deals), or maybe I can borrow a friends and judge from that.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I like your confidence, haha. Reading more it sounds like it is a good step up from ACIII, with plenty to do and unlock and upgrade. The two major things holding me back are still the location and story. Reviews seem hit or miss on the story and while they do rave about the naval combat, my favorite non-story aspect of the series has been stealth kills (if I want naval warfare I'll start up Silent Hunter).

No doubt I'll get the game, I just hope Steam has a sale (or maybe some digital Black Friday deals), or maybe I can borrow a friends and judge from that.
    don't let the whole pirating deal fool you, there is still a lot of classic ac gameplay there. plenty of assassination missions on every island. more than a couple missions require absolute stealth or you will die.
    and while I enjoyed the story of Desmond, that stage is dead. there is a storyline, but it doesn't really have a HEAVY connection with other ac titles. but hey, the guys name is Edward KENWAY, so u can assume where that goes eh?

moving on Tapatalk

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yea from Mike's review he talked about stealth and relation to Connor. I'm sure it still has some good typical AC gameplay and story, but there's just the overbearing pirate theme, which I'm honestly not a fan of. I've seen reviews that up to 40% of the game is on the water. When they talked about naval combat in ACIII I was hesitant, and while it was better than I expected, it's still my least favorite part of the game. That's one of the main reasons I want to go the PC route with it, because at least I'll be able to have a beautiful view when I'm on the boat.

I'm just glad the glitches and bugs are the least worrisome thing. That was the only aspect that would keep me from getting the game, so the only question now is how soon I'll get it (just spent about $900 on some PC stuff, would like to save some money on some other purchases).

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    well to be honest I didn't like the naval aspect of ac3 and that was one of my reasons for being hesitant about ac4. but I love it on this game. being a pirate is freakishly addictive, and I wasn't that big of a fan of it to begin with either. but when it boils down to it it's your decision. 100 other ppl may give it a 10 and you might think it sucks. so it's on you bro

moving on Tapatalk

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I was able to play about an hour today (at a friends) on PC and it's interesting so far. I was under time constraint so didn't get a lot of story in (just ran around mostly Havana).

Mechanics have definitely felt nice so far, though once or twice ran into a typical AC climbing/jumping issue and it does feel overall slightly different than past games. I like the alert symbol above the enemy heads. I already really enjoy the character, he reminds me of Heath Ledger. In just short while I've seen him in cutscenes he's already my favorite character.

Will try to get in another hour Friday and if it goes the same then I'll likely pick it up by Christmas (still want to wait on a sale).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    ACIV is great, best AC game since AC2
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    I love it. I have had every assassins creed game, but 3 was the only one I didnt finish, thought it was totally crap. but AC4 is a very polished game.

Haven't been able to put it down since I picked up my PS4. I love harpooning, it reminds me of killing the lake monster in RE4, lol.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    One thing that has really surprised me is the feeling of Havana. It almost feels like the past locations, which I enjoyed a lot more than the ones in ACIII. Still have yet to get out on a boat, though.

Forum Elder
    This is my first Assassin's Creed game. So far it's pretty amazing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmobley View Post
    ACIV is great, best AC game since AC2
    Completely agree

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Just grabbed the digital edition off Amazon for $30. In 90 minutes it should be downloaded and installed.

Going to be interesting going through the first two cities again, collecting everything again, doing the vantage points again... I'm actually looking forward to it, though. I was rushing through and could do with a refresh on the beginning story and will actually attempt full synchronization.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I quite like it myself, only played a few hours so far. But man, is it just me, or the world HUUUUUGE (according to the map)?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Elder
    It's huge. I'm probably going to have to 100+ hours in it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I only saw the map shortly when playing on a friends' PC, but it looked overwhelmingly big (which is why I never gave the ship much playtime as I knew I'd only scratch the tiny surface). I think I read around 30 minutes to sail across the map, and that's likely assuming at travel speed with little in the way of a straight line.

As of now, I do have to say sorry for doubting the game. ACIII made that easier to do though. The setting has also been much better than I thought. Looking forward to trying out the ship more, since firing was pretty rough the first time around, but the open battles were actually much more enjoyable than the missions from the last game.

And 42 minutes left on the download.

PSN ID
    IshTing
    This has to be my favourite game so far. It's huge and there's so much to do. I stopped playing Assassins Creed after Brotherhood, felt like the series was becoming a little stale and needed something new. They've done exactly what the game needed with Black Flag. I'm only 30% in but I've done a lot of other things. I have all my elite upgrade plans, hunted plenty of big fish. I just killed the White Whale which took me 40 harpoons, stupid Moby $#@!. A lot of farming for me at the minute to gather enough money and materials to upgrade my boat to elite.
    Last edited by IshTing; 12-04-2013 at 01:50.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I love this game. I loved all of the including ac3 I don't understand the hate that game gets. AC IV is huge the sea battles streamlined and the setting gorgeous.

tapatalk post

Thread Information