Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Just finished A Single Madman. Definitely love the stealth in this game compared to the previous ones. The missions take a lot longer doing the optional 'stay out of combat' objective. That mission took forever while making sure I didn't screw up, especially at the end where you need to air assassinate. Had to work to position myself and then wait for the right moment (was worried I'd accidentally end up assassinating a random guard walking with the target).

Naval warfare is also much better than expected. It's likely the open-world part of it. I'm able to freely attack ships or pass on them and continue exploring. I had one of those royal convoys last night but was too weak to destroy it. Have some pretty decent upgrades and am pretty sure I could get it down easy now, but of course it's disappeared finally (one of those timed events).

The crafting is also 100x better than the previous game, where the "menu" just felt clunky and confusing. It's nice to simply enter a menu and see what I can craft. Being able to buy some of the items to craft an upgrade is nice as well, though I feel it kind of takes away some of the fun of tracking down items.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Just finished A Single Madman. Definitely love the stealth in this game compared to the previous ones. The missions take a lot longer doing the optional 'stay out of combat' objective. That mission took forever while making sure I didn't screw up, especially at the end where you need to air assassinate. Had to work to position myself and then wait for the right moment (was worried I'd accidentally end up assassinating a random guard walking with the target).

I like the optional objectives too as a few early missions for me have taken longer but I am trying to do 100% on all that I can for when I finish it I haven't much to do.
    Naval warfare is also much better than expected. It's likely the open-world part of it. I'm able to freely attack ships or pass on them and continue exploring. I had one of those royal convoys last night but was too weak to destroy it. Have some pretty decent upgrades and am pretty sure I could get it down easy now, but of course it's disappeared finally (one of those timed events).

The crafting is also 100x better than the previous game, where the "menu" just felt clunky and confusing. It's nice to simply enter a menu and see what I can craft. Being able to buy some of the items to craft an upgrade is nice as well, though I feel it kind of takes away some of the fun of tracking down items.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just got my ship! Far out, Ken Levine wasn't joking when he said this is FarCry 3 + Sid Meier's Pirates! AWESOME!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    The other day I did the mission with James in Kingston. I'm glad they revealed that James was

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    The other day I did the mission with James in Kingston. I'm glad they revealed that James was
    Are you sure James is that

tapatalk post

Apprentice

Yes, I agree it's better than 3 and I think it's on par with 2. Better than 2 in some ways. Kind of in the same way you can't ever get a FF game better than 7, I don't think 2 can be topped. But in some pragmatic ways I think 4 is actually the best game of all.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post

tapatalk post
    Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, I'm sure. Throughout the rest of the game, it's impossible James isn't.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths

tapatalk post
    Man, are u serious? Its obvious from the first time james is onscreen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Man, are u serious? Its obvious from the first time james is onscreen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    It turned out that he was .... But from the beginning it could go both ways no matter who did the voice acting.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by bru_sek View Post
    Yes, I agree it's better than 3 and I think it's on par with 2. Better than 2 in some ways. Kind of in the same way you can't ever get a FF game better than 7, I don't think 2 can be topped. But in some pragmatic ways I think 4 is actually the best game of all.
    What was so awful about 3? I though the game was fantastic.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    The best time with AC3 is when I managed to finish it and could trade it in. AC4 on the other hand is probably my second best after AC2 matey!

Different strokes.. etc.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    The glitches killed AC3 for me. From the mission breaking ones to the ones where your guns would mismatch when you have dual holsters.

The game was actually pretty good but unfortunately for Ubisoft, the issues are what stuck with me. I still rank it above AC1 and AC4 though.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    don't let the whole pirating deal fool you, there is still a lot of classic ac gameplay there. plenty of assassination missions on every island. more than a couple missions require absolute stealth or you will die.
    and while I enjoyed the story of Desmond, that stage is dead. there is a storyline, but it doesn't really have a HEAVY connection with other ac titles. but hey, the guys name is Edward KENWAY, so u can assume where that goes eh?

moving on Tapatalk
    exactly - and the stealth elements are much more sophisticated than in the earlier games.

Veteran
    I started playing this recently and enjoy it so far. I'm only midway through sequence 2 but ready to go away from the main story and try some open world exploring. Is it too early at this point to get your own ship to do this?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Once you get your ship you can do almost anything you want. I think that happens in Sequence 3 and you can explore a lot of locations from there and do most of the naval missions (though you'll be limited with how weak your ship is at first, but you can fairly quickly upgrade your ship).

I believe you will need to progress further into the story once you receive the Jackdaw before you can actually upgrade parts of the ship, but most of the exploring can be done without upgrades, the only issues would be going into forbidden waters where the ships are much more powerful. Depending on how good you are, though, you could take out the enemy forts and clear the area out (I had all forts cleared before doing the first fort clearing tutorial mission).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    The glitches killed AC3 for me. From the mission breaking ones to the ones where your guns would mismatch when you have dual holsters.

The game was actually pretty good but unfortunately for Ubisoft, the issues are what stuck with me. I still rank it above AC1 and AC4 though.
    You must have played a far different game from me because I ran into very few glitches and none broke the missions. I will admit to there being to many chase missions for my taste but otherwise the game was superb.

tapatalk post

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    It's a brilliant game, much better than ACIII and absolutely massive, filled with heaps of things to see and do. You'll get distracted from the main campaign, believe me.

I actually reviewed the game for PSU, so please give it a read and hopefully that will help you make your decision

http://www.psu.com/a021543/Assassins...n-years?page=0
    wow i completely agree with you on every point...

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    You must have played a far different game from me because I ran into very few glitches and none broke the missions. I will admit to there being to many chase missions for my taste but otherwise the game was superb.

tapatalk post
    Here is a decent list:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/as...ugs-next-week/

That's not even all the bugs. Two major (at least major in terms of easily repeatable) ones are the convoy looting and gun holster glitching. There are also a few of those issues above that still existed after that patch (so their patch they claimed fixed issues didn't actually fix them).

Sounds like you got lucky with your playthrough. Wish I would have had the same experience.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Here is a decent list:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/as...ugs-next-week/

That's not even all the bugs. Two major (at least major in terms of easily repeatable) ones are the convoy looting and gun holster glitching. There are also a few of those issues above that still existed after that patch (so their patch they claimed fixed issues didn't actually fix them).

Sounds like you got lucky with your playthrough. Wish I would have had the same experience.
    What it sounds like is some people nitpick and look for issues. I have yet to ever play a game that didnt have a glitch....$#@! have you ever played a Bethesda game? to say a game sucks because of minor rare glitches to me is absurd.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    What it sounds like is some people nitpick and look for issues. I have yet to ever play a game that didnt have a glitch....$#@! have you ever played a Bethesda game? to say a game sucks because of minor rare glitches to me is absurd.
    LOL. It's far from nitpicking when there are issues screaming into your face or preventing you from finishing a mission.

And I love Fallout/Skyrim games, and yes they have glitches and bugs, but they aren't as mission or gameplay breaking as the ones many encountered in AC3. But to even compare issues in AC3 missions (which there are plenty of game breaking ones) to the complexity of an open world, dynamic mission filled Bethesda game is a joke. Issues are expected in a diverse, complex world where you can have 20 quests open at once. The types of issues that existed in closed, scripted missions in AC3 were ridiculous.

Bugs are expected in the type of game that Fallout and TES are, which is why time and time again, when the game releases and people find bugs, there are no pitchfork wielding gamers. Assassin's Creed is different, and it is shown by every other AC game not having near as many issues as AC3 had. That is a testament to just how badly made the game was (or how fast they tried to rush it out the door).

As I said in the last post, you must have been one of the lucky ones. If you experienced what others went through, you would not be trying to defend the issues.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    LOL. It's far from nitpicking when there are issues screaming into your face or preventing you from finishing a mission.

And I love Fallout/Skyrim games, and yes they have glitches and bugs, but they aren't as mission or gameplay breaking as the ones many encountered in AC3. But to even compare issues in AC3 missions (which there are plenty of game breaking ones) to the complexity of an open world, dynamic mission filled Bethesda game is a joke. Issues are expected in a diverse, complex world where you can have 20 quests open at once. The types of issues that existed in closed, scripted missions in AC3 were ridiculous.

Bugs are expected in the type of game that Fallout and TES are, which is why time and time again, when the game releases and people find bugs, there are no pitchfork wielding gamers. Assassin's Creed is different, and it is shown by every other AC game not having near as many issues as AC3 had. That is a testament to just how badly made the game was (or how fast they tried to rush it out the door).

As I said in the last post, you must have been one of the lucky ones. If you experienced what others went through, you would not be trying to defend the issues.
    thing is the majority of people didn't run into mission breaking glitches........

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    thing is the majority of people didn't run into mission breaking glitches........
    I don't think you can positively say what percentage had at least one mission breaking glitch, but at the very least a large number did. Enough that a simple search shows it's not nitpicking or specifically looking for glitches and large enough that many sites ran articles talking about the large amount of bugs the staff themselves ran into.

And even if I was part of a very small number (which I'm not, just playing the hypothetical card), why shouldn't I judge a game based off my own experiences with it? I played a game that was bugged out, even after having applied numerous patches. With three years of development time, and how obvious most of the bugs were, there shouldn't be any reason why I should give them a pass on that.

I'm not saying the game is terrible for having a "minor rare" glitch. I'm saying a game was bad because it had the complete opposite of minor and rare glitches. The fact that I love the Fallout/TES games despite their issues should tell you how clueless you are acting about how buggy AC3 was for people.

Thread Information